Author Topic: The truthers = Our modern day sect  (Read 1151 times)

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
The truthers = Our modern day sect
« on: October 27, 2009, 08:56:26 AM »
I see a few of you guys having emotionally attached yourself to the "truth" movement.

Typical points of view:

* 9/11 was an inside job.

* Bush/Obama/Rothschilds/Al Gore are pawns of the New World Order

However, consider that being part of this movement is similar to a religious cult.

How?

-You only accept facts that are in favor of your own view.

-Any facts that points in any other direction - those are either:

a) just not true.
b) ignored.
c) being considered as disinformation from "the enemy" (whoever that is) and only further serves to prove that you are really on to something.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=truther

The main problem with Truthers are that they often get their opinions from second or third hand sources.

And these sources are often poor at sourcing the info they send out.

Like Alex Jones.

Or "Loose change".

Typical scenario:

Nut job radio host claimning on his web radio show that there are "files" describing relations between the Rotschilds and the government before the 9/11.

Perhaps refer to a clip on "youtube" as a source of evidence.

The typical Truther will just listen and take this as some kind of truth. Maybe he'll take the time to check out the youtube clip.

But he won't take the time to fact check most of the times.

Eg, when a thread recently was started here about how Rotschild's are still in control of the world.

Typical "Truther" bullshit.

And I doubt many took the time to fact check it.

As usual, facts mixed with fiction.

Very hard to de-code.

But one example of a fact that was totally wrong - the article claimed that former UN secretary Kofi Annan's wife Nane was Danish.

And that she was a Rothschilder.

Not true.

She is Swedish. And part of the Swedish family Wallenberg.

The Truther movement has become the new religion. ::)
As empty as paradise

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: The truthers = Our modern day sect
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 10:00:22 AM »
cant it just be as simple as "Bush and Cheney wanted bases and oil rigs in middle east.  They heard an attack was coming which would have let them have these thigns, and they didn't stop it."

All this shit about religion and movements, etc.... nah.

Maybe it was just a matter of "man, we'll be in much better shape in 100 years if we let this one thing happen..."

Don't just lump in the people who would like to see another investigation for this reasoning, along with those people screaming about NWO, etc.  I dont believe any of that stuff - I believe the USA is the one country FIGHTING uniting with the world.  But I do believe since the sauidis were booting us, bush might have realized 911 was a gift to his war plans.  Read PNAC - his admin wrote it.

Signifying Monkey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 10:02:57 AM »
as totally wrong - the article claimed that former UN secretary Kofi Annan's wife Nane was Danish.

Not true.

why the hell did she marry kofi annan? must have some serious psychological issues

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2009, 10:34:30 AM »
cant it just be as simple as "Bush and Cheney wanted bases and oil rigs in middle east.  They heard an attack was coming which would have let them have these thigns, and they didn't stop it."

All this shit about religion and movements, etc.... nah.

Maybe it was just a matter of "man, we'll be in much better shape in 100 years if we let this one thing happen..."

Don't just lump in the people who would like to see another investigation for this reasoning, along with those people screaming about NWO, etc.  I dont believe any of that stuff - I believe the USA is the one country FIGHTING uniting with the world.  But I do believe since the sauidis were booting us, bush might have realized 911 was a gift to his war plans.  Read PNAC - his admin wrote it.

Funny,I dont see us getting tons of oil,do you?Now,I think Obama PURPOSELY is destroying the economy with his radical plans.Which one has more evidense.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2009, 10:41:19 AM »
good read

controlling the truth movement

http://www.outlawjournalism.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4183

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2009, 10:47:05 AM »
Funny,I dont see us getting tons of oil,do you?Now,I think Obama PURPOSELY is destroying the economy with his radical plans.Which one has more evidense.

you don't see our bases along the path where there will be a pipeline in 10 years?

dude, this conversation is for grownups.  Go scream curse words about rev wright.  it's what youre good at.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2009, 10:52:59 AM »
I'm not into the bilderburger/rothschild bullshit.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2009, 11:04:19 AM »

I do believe that there is a cadre of international bankers who want to make all nations dependent on a codified law and international regime where they can act globally as if nation states dont exist.  That I believe 100%.   

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2009, 11:07:42 AM »
I do believe that there is a cadre of international bankers who want to make all nations dependent on a codified law and international regime where they can act globally as if nation states dont exist.  That I believe 100%.   

I can agree. ... naming names for this is a waste of time.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2009, 11:10:44 AM »
this is the most ignorant post by hedge I've read yet.  I can't identify with anything he just said ::)  Total bullshit.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2009, 11:11:19 AM »
::)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2009, 11:21:30 AM »
I see a few of you guys having emotionally attached yourself to the "truth" movement.

Typical points of view:

However, consider that being part of this movement is similar to a religious cult.

How?

a) just not true.
b) ignored.
c) being considered as disinformation from "the enemy" (whoever that is) and only further serves to prove that you are really on to something.

The main problem with Truthers are that they often get their opinions from second or third hand sources.

Like Alex Jones.

Or "Loose change".

Typical scenario:

Nut job radio host claimning on his web radio show that there are "files" describing relations between the Rotschilds and the government before the 9/11.

The typical Truther will just listen and take this as some kind of truth. Maybe he'll take the time to check out the youtube clip.

Eg, when a thread recently was started here about how Rotschild's are still in control of the world.

Very hard to de-code.

But one example of a fact that was totally wrong - the article claimed that former UN secretary Kofi Annan's wife Nane was Danish.

Not true.

I can't take anything they say seriously. The fact that most of them won't source any of their evidence and when it does get outed it usually comes from shady website run by some nutjob out of his mom's basement is more than enough to know they have no credibility.

It is very cult-like indeed.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2009, 01:16:45 PM »
Are there a bilderberger summit? Yes. Is it used for networking? YES. But I don't draw the same conclusions as some Truthers do.
They seem to think that there's always this secret agenda running everything.

Why not just study the mechanisms of eg globalization Hugo? Or are those answers offered there not sexy enough?
Klein or Chomsky and Galtung aren't offering any bogey men. But rather boring theories of why shit has hit the fan.
As empty as paradise

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2009, 10:47:35 PM »
.. snip
Not true.
snip...
First, her maiden name was Lagergren. She is related to Wallenberg.

Second, the whole point of the Rothschilds is that they have many different last names and adopt common names in many different countries. How do you know that the Wallenburgs and Lagergren's are not related to the Rothschilds any less than the Kennedy's, Rockefeller's,  Openheimer's, Schiffs etc.??? Where is your evidence?

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2009, 11:51:31 PM »

Typical points of view:

How?

a) just not true.
b) ignored.

Like Alex Jones.

Or "Loose change".

Typical scenario:

Very hard to de-code.

Not true.

Youre going in all different directions here. The only thing im getting from you is that "truther" = bad. Or youre doing a really bad job at articulating your opinion.

If youre one of those people who lump together anyone who disagrees with the story as a "truther" let me know so i can ignore thy. The "anti-truther" movement is just as big and as sad as the "truther" movement  :-\. I feel pity for those who lost family on that day and have to watch this shit  :-\

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2009, 12:02:37 AM »
There is one major hole in the truther arguement and this never been addressed. None of them will touch it.

If America planned the attack on itself, and Bush was in charge, why didn't he just say that all the attackers (or at least some) were from Iraq?

He would have had instant justification for the invasion of that country and he wouldn't have to come up with all the crap he did.

He would have enjoyed world support for the invasion.
G

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2009, 12:14:47 AM »
If America planned the attack on itself, and Bush was in charge, why didn't he just say that all the attackers (or at least some) were from Iraq?

there were many reports saying iraq was harboring terrorists

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2009, 12:14:48 AM »
There is one major hole in the truther arguement and this never been addressed. None of them will touch it.

He would have had instant justification for the invasion of that country and he wouldn't have to come up with all the crap he did.

He would have enjoyed world support for the invasion.

chaos is always good ;)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2009, 04:19:00 AM »
some Truthers do.

thank you.  Glad to see you separate it.

I would like to see another investigation into 911, and I don't buy into any of this other BS.

333386 is NOT a 911 truther, but he is a bither and believes in the whole mess of NWO stuff, claims obama is trying to crash the dollar, etc etc.  And he's posting pics screaming about revolution.

I'd say his views are very extreme and I'm just a guy who wouldn't mind seeing an investigation into 3000 of my fellow citizens. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2009, 05:16:49 AM »
thank you.  Glad to see you separate it.

I would like to see another investigation into 911, and I don't buy into any of this other BS.

333386 is NOT a 911 truther, but he is a bither and believes in the whole mess of NWO stuff, claims obama is trying to crash the dollar, etc etc.  And he's posting pics screaming about revolution.

I'd say his views are very extreme and I'm just a guy who wouldn't mind seeing an investigation into 3000 of my fellow citizens. 

I have said that I dont know the true story regarding the birth issue, and guess what, NEITHER DO YOU!  Anyone spending over a million dollars to keep one document secret pertaining to his personal issues is hiding something, especially when it is something like a BC. 

As far as the NWO stuff, I have posted article after article on the Goldman Sachs thing and others.  Maybe you should read some of these. 

With regard to the dollar, YES, he is intentionally keeping the dollar in the tank.  With an mba surely you can come up with a reason why this is so.     

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2009, 05:43:01 AM »
Youre going in all different directions here. The only thing im getting from you is that "truther" = bad. Or youre doing a really bad job at articulating your opinion.

If youre one of those people who lump together anyone who disagrees with the story as a "truther" let me know so i can ignore thy. The "anti-truther" movement is just as big and as sad as the "truther" movement  :-\. I feel pity for those who lost family on that day and have to watch this shit  :-\

Qutoing myself here:

Like Alex Jones.

Or "Loose change".

These "Truthers" would be much better off using real, hard intelligence.

Instead of listening to conspiracy theorists like Alex Jones.

Lets look at the whole 9/11 scenario eg.

I'm not saying that the Bush administration didn't take advantage of it.

In fact, I think that is exactly what they did.

They (Bush admin) cynically used the leverage created to launch the "war on terror", and the political doctrine that USA should act like World Cop.

"They" - meaning Bush and his henchmen Cheney, Wolfowitz, Rumsfeld, Rove and the rest of the bunch. I'd like to try to be as specific as I can.

But at the same time - NO!

I don't think for one minute that these crooks created 9/11.

They just seized the opportunity.

It's not sexier than that. Sorry, "Truthers".

The war in Iraq?

Sure. It was about securing oil.

As for guys like Dick Cheney...

Dick Cheney was the CEO of Halliburton.

Instead of trying to tie him to some kind of "conspiracy", I think "Truthers" would be much better off just trying to reveal him for the crook he and Halliburton is/are.

http://www.nigeriancuriosity.com/2009/02/halliburton-nigeria-corruption-inc-pt-2.html

It's not about some kind of "Jewish" hidden conspiracy.

Or some New World Order.

It's rather political, sociological and economical mechanisms at work.

But that's not sexy enough of an explanation for the "Truthers".

They want a conspiracy to explain it all. ::)
As empty as paradise

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2009, 05:49:37 AM »
The problem I see with the U.S. involvment 9/11 CT's is that everyone so far put forth is inherently contradictory, irrational, and logistically almost impossible when you consider other factors. 

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2009, 05:58:39 AM »
The problem I see with the U.S. involvment 9/11 CT's is that everyone so far put forth is inherently contradictory, irrational, and logistically almost impossible when you consider other factors. 

Just like with most religious people, "Truthers" are persons who are desperately looking for some kind of "answer".

Some kind of explanation of why things are the way they are.

They see injustice in the world.

But instead of trying to understanding the mechanisms behind it, or just accept it, they are looking for some kind of non descriptive "force" behind it all.

Some kind of "evil".

That helps make their world make sense.
As empty as paradise

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2009, 06:17:49 AM »
Just like with most religious people, "Truthers" are persons who are desperately looking for some kind of "answer".

Some kind of explanation of why things are the way they are.

They see injustice in the world.

But instead of trying to understanding the mechanisms behind it, or just accept it, they are looking for some kind of non descriptive "force" behind it all.

Some kind of "evil".

That helps make their world make sense.

Look, Im not saying that people within this country would not want to do it, just that every theory I have seen makes absolutely no sense at all.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2009, 06:21:02 AM »

well you spent 5 minutes researching it. 

Let's ignore the scores of military, NYPD and FDNY people who have come fwd with very big Qs about the day, and about what they saw.

Some bald guy from the Bronx ain't buy it, and it's as simple as that :P