Author Topic: Sooo since I will become a father very soon - Ephedrine to stay awake?  (Read 2906 times)

Stark

• Getbig V
One thing that worries me is the sleep deprivation my friends and family tell me about, its like everybody, its actually quite funny - the first thing that most people tell you
when they hear that your wife is expecting is..
A) Game over now man - enjoy your last days of freedom
B) Man the sleep deprivation is crazy you be soooo fucking tired
c) it's only the first 15 years then you get used to it

Closely followed...

A) But don't worry its the best time you will ever have ::)

Anyways - so I know I don't do too good without sleep - so I was wondering anybody who has kids every tried to take some Ephedrine? Does that work?

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
Re: Sooo since I will become a father very soon - Ephedrine to stay awake?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 10:28:13 AM »
Give the kid some GHB and benzos...

problem solved  8)

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 10:35:39 AM »

problem solved  8)

Or like they have done in the "old" times in ireland - warm milk with some Brandy ;D

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2009, 11:20:29 AM »
My uncle got raised with a mix of milk and wine... kept him silent and calm...
a lifetime brainiac he truly was...  :D

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2009, 11:20:38 AM »
since you are becoming a father soon, how about stopping all drugs?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2009, 11:21:29 AM »
One thing that worries me is the sleep deprivation my friends and family tell me about, its like everybody, its actually quite funny - the first thing that most people tell you

Closely followed...

Anyways - so I know I don't do too good without sleep - so I was wondering anybody who has kids every tried to take some Ephedrine? Does that work?

Young parents enjoy putting the fear of God into first-time, expecting parents....it's that simple.   I loathe the "JUST WAIT!!" line from current parents now that my wife and I are expecting our first.

One of the worst that loves to bust my balls all the time about expecting our first came to me not long ago and said, "bro, you have a tax accounting background, right?  Well, I'm getting audited and I flubbed some stuff on my last couple returns.  Can you help me?"  So I looked over his stuff and heard out his story and concluded with some suggestions and he says, "think it'll be bad?"  To which I reply, "JUST WAIT!"  I walked off laughing.

lvtolft

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2009, 12:01:11 PM »
If this is your first, you won't need anything to keep you awake.  For me, it really wasn't that bad.  Your body adjusts to less sleep pretty quickly. 
It really is a great time.  For guys, it gets better once they start to interact with you more, about 3 months.  It is an awesome experience.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2009, 12:33:16 PM »
Thanks guys - I got to say I am scared of the lack of sleep - I know I cannot work without the propper sleep, never mind a good workout.
But I guess I stick it for a year and it should be ok then.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2009, 12:41:34 PM »
Dude, you will be fine.

If you think you need something to keep you awake, then take it when you need it.

But... when you get a chance to sleep, take it.

BTW, if you decide to use ephedrine, you don't have to take the full dose. Break the caps apart and mix them in Crystal light, or if they are tabs, just break them.

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2009, 12:45:39 PM »
Is ephedrine legal where you live? If not, it would be quite hypocritical to criticize steroid users for supporting illegal underground activities when you seem very capable of doing the exact same thing.

Even if it's legal though, it shows that you're willing to use drugs to enhance "performance" so to speak.

EDIT: Seems like ephedrine is treated by the UK government in the same manner the US does, so you can buy ephedrine but only in very limited quantities and not for recreational use. So where would you buy your stuff from if you do decide to go ahead and use that drug?

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/76956.php
from incomplete data

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2009, 12:48:06 PM »
Dude, you will be fine.

If you think you need something to keep you awake, then take it when you need it.

But... when you get a chance to sleep, take it.

BTW, if you decide to use ephedrine, you don't have to take the full dose. Break the caps apart and mix them in Crystal light, or if they are tabs, just break them.

thanks bud - I've jeard that you're body can get used to coffein pills and or ephedrine very easy so I will take it easy and only take them if I am afraid to drop the baby :D

If this is your first, you won't need anything to keep you awake.  For me, it really wasn't that bad.  Your body adjusts to less sleep pretty quickly.  
It really is a great time.  For guys, it gets better once they start to interact with you more, about 3 months.  It is an awesome experience.

the problem is of course that I still have to work - I probably take my break and sleep in my office for an hour :D

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2009, 12:49:42 PM »
That's pretty nice of you to raise the mailman's kid.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2009, 12:50:12 PM »
Get your wife to raise the baby. She shits it out she can stop it crying.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2009, 12:51:15 PM »
Get your wife to raise the baby. She shits it out she can stop it crying.

lol - I keep that in mind

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2009, 01:16:35 PM »
Is ephedrine legal where you live? If not, it would be quite hypocritical to criticize steroid users for supporting illegal underground activities when you seem very capable of doing the exact same thing.

Even if it's legal though, it shows that you're willing to use drugs to enhance "performance" so to speak.

EDIT: Seems like ephedrine is treated by the UK government in the same manner the US does, so you can buy ephedrine but only in very limited quantities and not for recreational use. So where would you buy your stuff from if you do decide to go ahead and use that drug?

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/76956.php

Lets hear it, tough guy  :D
from incomplete data

lvtolft

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2009, 01:21:33 PM »
the problem is of course that I still have to work - I probably take my break and sleep in my office for an hour :D
Honestly, I felt the same way as you did.  You really get used to it.  It is not as bad as you think it is.  I took a week off of work to help and don't really remember taking any naps.  Plus, the excitement of having a baby really takes away from the focus of sleep.  You will have a great time.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2009, 01:29:11 PM »
Honestly, I felt the same way as you did.  You really get used to it.  It is not as bad as you think it is.  I took a week off of work to help and don't really remember taking any naps.  Plus, the excitement of having a baby really takes away from the focus of sleep.  You will have a great time.

yeah I do that too - thats a good idea take a week off - I get some days off from work anyways + I can always work from home as well.

You know (and I am sure you probably had the same fear) I'm a big clotz meaning I always drop something run into something or break something (arm) and man I am really scared I am dropping that little thing...how long until you get used to holding a baby?
Maybe I should try with a baby that isn't mind :D

disturbia

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2009, 01:31:06 PM »
I used to have to nap all the time. When I started taking 4000 mg of Omega 3 and 2000mg of vitamin D, my energy was completely different.  Don't know if that truly was it, but I'm completely different.

lvtolft

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2009, 01:47:05 PM »
yeah I do that too - thats a good idea take a week off - I get some days off from work anyways + I can always work from home as well.

You know (and I am sure you probably had the same fear) I'm a big clotz meaning I always drop something run into something or break something (arm) and man I am really scared I am dropping that little thing...how long until you get used to holding a baby?
Maybe I should try with a baby that isn't mind :D
lol  You will be fine the moment he/she is born.  Everything changes (for the better) when you have your first child.  It is really weird, like a switch is flipped.  When my first son was born, it was like, BLAM!  I am a dad and it felt awesome.
I remember the nurses told us to wake him up to feed him about every 2 hours and the secon night at the hospital we let them take him for a few hours so we could sleep and after the 3rd hour, I was wide awake calling the nurses telling them to bring him in so we could feed him.  I was pissed they waited so long!  Funny being a new parent really keeps you on your toes.

SizZ

• Getbig II
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2009, 02:46:45 PM »
no need, just make sure your woman breastfeeds. It really is the best option for the kids health and gives you your rest for a year or so! win win for dad and the kid. lol
SizZ

Samourai Pizzacat

• Getbig IV
  • Meeoow!!
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2009, 02:49:55 PM »
Why worry about a possible problem?

Perhaps you'll do just fine...come back if it really turns out to be an issue.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2009, 02:50:55 PM »
she can stop its crying.

If that works, see if she's interested in becoming a MOD ... ;D

A2daMIR

• Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2009, 03:08:45 PM »

problem solved  8)
too soon, just give the kid some benadryl, it'll regulate the beta receptors as well

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2009, 04:02:05 PM »

Closely followed...

Unfortunately all of those are spot on.

Here's a few more to cheer you up...

D) The sex life you once knew is now over.
E) Your wallet is about to get thinner... diapers, formula and baby room accoutrements add up.

MP

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy metal. The only way.
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2009, 05:39:51 PM »
You'll be fine. Been through it twice. Those who complain are pussies.

The real issue will be down the road when trying to schedule solid gym time around you and your wife's work schedules and who will be watching the kid (one of you, family or daycare). That's when it gets tricky.

And hey, if the ephedrine helps, go for it.

Good luck. Enjoy.