Author Topic: Leading Climate Scientist: Cap and Trade Could Ruin US Economy  (Read 946 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Leading Climate Scientist: Cap and Trade Could Ruin US Economy
« on: October 29, 2009, 07:42:35 AM »
northern broadcasting dot com ^ | 10-29-09

________________________ ________________________ ________

Posted by: Northern News Network 10/28/2009 3:56 PM

BILLINGS- As debate over climate change legislation heats up on Capitol Hill, the Director of the University of Montana’s Climate Change Studies Program, and a co-author of a Nobel Prize winning report, says cap and trade legislation could ruin the US economy.

During a Wednesday morning interview with statewide radio talk show host Aaron Flint on “Voices of Montana,” Dr. Steve Running said any climate change solution needs to involve all nations.

“We have to have all the major nations in agreement on future progress,” said Running.

Running is a co-author of the Nobel Prize winning Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, and founder of the Climate Change Studies program at the University of Montana. He added, “If the US passed a cap and trade and other countries did not, it wouldn’t work. It would ruin the US economy and it wouldn’t save the climate either. So this is a global issue, the global climate statistics are global in nature, global carbon emissions are global in nature, and we really have to have an international consensus of what to do. That is going to stretch our international diplomacy to its limit, there’s no doubt about that.”

Nonetheless, Running called on the United States to show leadership on the issue of addressing climate change, saying other countries will follow suit.

"Voices of Montana" is a Northern News Network talk show that airs statewide on more than a dozen radio stations each weekday morning.

CLICK TO LISTEN: Dr. Running on Cap and Trade legislation

________________________ ________________________ ________________

This mess is so bad I cant believe that anyone would ever propose this garbage.

Oh thats right, Goldman Sachs & GE are the biggest supporters of the WH & being able to set up a new trading market.

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
Re: Leading Climate Scientist: Cap and Trade Could Ruin US Economy
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 09:29:42 AM »
So you agree in climate change being helped along by man i take it? You wouldn't source someone who does if you didn't.  Nice to see you have changed your views from incorrect to correct.
Abandon every hope...

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 10:02:27 AM »

Too late... corruption, greed and Wall Street has already beat climate change to it...
C

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2009, 10:29:14 AM »
Too late... corruption, greed and Wall Street has already beat climate change to it...

Samson:

Look who is primarily behind Cap & Trade:  Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, and GE.

This has nothing to do with the environment and everything to do with creating a new derivatives market on carbon where these criminals can trade credits on an exchange. 

Its pure nonsense. 

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2009, 10:52:27 AM »
I notice how you didn't respond, so i take it you are no longer a skeptic when it comes to climate change and mans influence on it?
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2009, 10:57:04 AM »
I notice how you didn't respond, so i take it you are no longer a skeptic when it comes to climate change and mans influence on it?

I dont believe in made made climate change.  Its a complete farce.  The climate has changed since the earth was formed. 

However, the Cap & Trade scam has nothing to do with the environment, its all about Goldman Sachs and GE and taxing the shit out of everyone. 

BTW - why would you trust the govt on this when everything else they presdict and do is a miserable disgraceful failure?

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2009, 11:00:41 AM »
I dont believe in made made climate change.  Its a complete farce.  The climate has changed since the earth was formed. 

However, the Cap & Trade scam has nothing to do with the environment, its all about Goldman Sachs and GE and taxing the shit out of everyone. 

BTW - why would you trust the govt on this when everything else they presdict and do is a miserable disgraceful failure?

Then how can you quote a leading climate change scientist who has a different point of view to bolster your case? That's rather hypocritical isn't it?
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2009, 11:03:22 AM »
Then how can you quote a leading climate change scientist who has a different point of view to bolster your case? That's rather hypocritical isn't it?

No, he is looking at the legislation being put forth and being realistic as to its horrible impact.

Take your DEMOCRAT COLORED GLASSES OFF FOR A SECOND, and look intot his hideous disaster called cap 7 trade and you will see what a traitorous piece of shit it is.     

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2009, 11:09:12 AM »
No, he is looking at the legislation being put forth and being realistic as to its horrible impact.

Take your DEMOCRAT COLORED GLASSES OFF FOR A SECOND, and look intot his hideous disaster called cap 7 trade and you will see what a traitorous piece of shit it is.     

His main problem is it's a world issue not just America.  HE doesn't say he doesn't believe in reducing emissions at all, he just wants a world effort.  But in order for others to follow one must lead.  And America is a leader not a follower. 

I find it hilarious you are posting quotes from a leading scientist on climate change who wants things to be reversed through a world wide effort, not just American.  Yet you post it as if he agrees with you on your views of drilling etc. hahaha!
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2009, 11:11:22 AM »
His main problem is it's a world issue not just America.  HE doesn't say he doesn't believe in reducing emissions at all, he just wants a world effort.  But in order for others to follow one must lead.  And America is a leader not a follower. 

I find it hilarious you are posting quotes from a leading scientist on climate change who wants things to be reversed through a world wide effort, not just American.  Yet you post it as if he agrees with you on your views of drilling etc. hahaha!

Obviously you have ZERO reading comprehension.  Since other nations are not signing on to this, only we will likely see the negative economic impact and keep shipping jobs overseas.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2009, 11:14:54 AM »
Whether you believe man made CO2 has a significant influence on global warming or not, this scientist gives the best reason for us not passing the current Cap & Trade proposal.

“If the US passed a cap and trade and other countries did not, it wouldn’t work. It would ruin the US economy and it wouldn’t save the climate either. So this is a global issue..."

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2009, 11:20:34 AM »
Whether you believe man made CO2 has a significant influence on global warming or not.  This scientist gives the best reason for us not passing the current Cap & Trade proposal.

“If the US passed a cap and trade and other countries did not, it wouldn’t work. It would ruin the US economy and it wouldn’t save the climate either. So this is a global issue..."

I don't dispute what he is saying.  However it does go on to say "Nonetheless, Running called on the United States to show leadership on the issue of addressing climate change, saying other countries will follow suit."

So perhaps Cap and Trade is about being the leader of the pack.

I was mostly making light of 333 being such a staunch advocate against science on this matter, yet here he is quoting and agreeing with a scientist whose whole reputation and life is built on the very thing 333 disagrees with. 

Makes for strange bedfellows don't you think shoot??
Abandon every hope...

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2009, 12:18:57 PM »
I understand the point your making...yes, but sometimes strange bedfellows can agree on parts.

I am all for being environmentally friendly.  I love nature, parks, clean air, etc.  However, I've watched quite a few programs and interviews with scientists and think there is still much debate on man made CO2 having a significant impact on climate change.  The most compelling arguements have been that the sun has by far the most impact on climate.  And if we did find out that man made CO2 is causing a real problem, it would have to be an international/global agreement or else we screw ourselves.  

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2009, 12:25:11 PM »
How long before they start taxing us on how much CO2 we exhale? Of course CO2 levels rise there are more people, animals......
Maybe they can after the plants next and outlaw photosythesis
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2009, 12:37:17 PM »
How long before they start taxing us on how much CO2 we exhale? Of course CO2 levels rise there are more people, animals......
Maybe they can after the plants next and outlaw photosythesis

Not long - go watch Fall of the Republic.