Author Topic: Weight Gain  (Read 2001 times)

disturbia

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
Weight Gain
« on: October 29, 2009, 09:15:22 AM »
So I dropped from 282 down to 255. At the beginning I was doing nothing but cardio just to drop pounds, lots of cardio. 3 weeks ago I started 200 mg test/week and restarted lifting weights. I still do the cardio and stick to my eating plan (mostly lol), and have shot back up to 265. Seems like I screwed up.

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
Re: Weight Gain
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 09:17:42 AM »
Probably just bloat...? But why not do an all natural weight loss and when you reach your goal weight then you hit the sauce and gain some quality weight instead?
from incomplete data

disturbia

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 09:19:08 AM »
Probably just bloat...? But why not do an all natural weight loss and when you reach your goal weight then you hit the sauce and gain some quality weight instead?

because I have ridiculously low test levels at my age and just use this to make them more normal.  It helps me feel just plain normal insteadof lethargic, lazy and miserable.

CT_Muscle

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2009, 09:20:02 AM »
What kind of Test, you could be gaining water weight depending

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2009, 09:20:36 AM »
because I have ridiculously low test levels at my age and just use this to make them more normal.  It helps me feel just plain normal insteadof lethargic, lazy and miserable.

Ok, fair enough. Good luck man, you've lost a lot fat already and these extra few lbs are probably just bloat.
from incomplete data

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2009, 09:20:43 AM »
this is where you need other indicators besides weight/bodymass

ck your waist circumferance or bodyfat levels- these measurements may be useless if you don't have a initial/baseline measurment though

disturbia

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2009, 09:23:07 AM »
this is where you need other indicators besides weight/bodymass

ck your waist circumferance or bodyfat levels- these measurements may be useless if you don't have a initial/baseline measurment though

I actually have a baseline of all these measurements when I started at 282

scared to measure now    lol

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2009, 09:23:13 AM »
It's just water.  Stay the course.  Consider some adex if you're really bothered or if you've got balloon face.

Fuck the scale.  Lifts & the mirror will tell you all you need.

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2009, 09:25:24 AM »

scared to measure now    lol

the ultimate answer will lay there though-it will allow you to see what part of the weight gain is muscle and what part is fat/water (if any of it is)

another thing, when did you weigh yourself? at night? in the morning?

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2009, 09:25:53 AM »
hard to beleive that you got 10 pounds of bloat from just 200mgs/wk of test.  stick with the cardio and continue lifting and see what happens.  may need to really amp of the cardio a little while on the hrt.  also pay attention to the diet.  i suspect if you look there you will find the cause of the weight gain.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2009, 09:29:23 AM »
hard to beleive that you got 10 pounds of bloat from just 200mgs/wk of test.  stick with the cardio and continue lifting and see what happens.  may need to really amp of the cardio a little while on the hrt.  also pay attention to the diet.  i suspect if you look there you will find the cause of the weight gain.

Most of it is probably just rebound water, but he's got quite a bit of fat on him so maybe he's aromatizing fast.

disturbia

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2009, 09:30:45 AM »

yes I agree with the diet part, I'm a tard on that at times.

I have recruited TBombz to deal with my whole regimen. He dictates my diet, cardio, training and all of it.  If I screw this up I am the only one to blame.

Johnny, I weigh in the am always

disturbia

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2009, 09:31:40 AM »
Most of it is probably just rebound water, but he's got quite a bit of fat on him so maybe he's aromatizing fast.

I dont know what that means

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2009, 09:32:06 AM »

Johnny, I weigh in the am always

first thing in the morning before you eat?

disturbia

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2009, 09:32:51 AM »
first thing in the morning before you eat?

always

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2009, 09:35:00 AM »
always

hmmm
again, the ultimate answer will lay in the waist circumference and BF% measurement

since the BF% could be somewhat pains taking, i would suggest just taking the waist circumference---if you want to that is

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2009, 09:38:49 AM »
I dont know what that means

I'm no expert but my understanding is that the aromatase enzyme which converts testosterone into estrogen is found in higher concentrations in fat and that overweight males tend to convert T in to E more readily than leaner men.  If you're blowing up in the face check with Tbomz, but I'd try .5mg of anastrozole eod and see how you do.  Tbomz might disagree tho... he's a fan of E water for strength as I recall.  I'd prefer to keep E in check for bloat, post cycle balance, gyno, and prostate health.

Remember that only you know how you feel & you might not handle a protocol that a 20yo would breeze along with.

Equilibrium

• Getbig II
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2009, 05:24:55 PM »
I have to second what Tapeworm said....your higher BF% could be causing you to aromatise @ an increased rate, I would try some tamoxifen initially before trying any thing stronger.   

Use the 'lbs' as rough guide for your dietary success.....personally I like to go by photos taken every 2-4 weeks.

E...
YOU MAKE ME SICK

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2009, 05:36:09 PM »
So I dropped from 282 down to 255. At the beginning I was doing nothing but cardio just to drop pounds, lots of cardio. 3 weeks ago I started 200 mg test/week and restarted lifting weights. I still do the cardio and stick to my eating plan (mostly lol), and have shot back up to 265. Seems like I screwed up.
Use the mirror and tape as your guide bro.Drop a 20kg plate on your scales.
200mg a week wont give you bloat unless you are very sensitive and have a high estro ratio to begin with.

Bast175

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2009, 05:50:14 PM »
cardio is nowhere near as effective as just lowering calories.

Alex23

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2009, 05:55:37 PM »
I'm no expert but my understanding is that the aromatase enzyme which converts testosterone into estrogen is found in higher concentrations in fat and that overweight males tend to convert T in to E more readily than leaner men.  If you're blowing up in the face check with Tbomz, but I'd try .5mg of anastrozole eod and see how you do.  Tbomz might disagree tho... he's a fan of E water for strength as I recall.  I'd prefer to keep E in check for bloat, post cycle balance, gyno, and prostate health.

Remember that only you know how you feel & you might not handle a protocol that a 20yo would breeze along with.

I read the first part I was like "cool Tap-O-worm, is a smart guy...." then read the glowy glowy part   :-X

;D

Nah it's true, the fatter, the higher concentration of aromataze... some say chicken & the egg; are you fat b/c of high aromataze or does being fat raises it?

Not clear but definitely, even 200mg can do that, especially if your diet sucks (no offense but you come up as a guy who likes the salties) or if you're stressing out Josh...

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2009, 05:57:59 PM »
Aromatase is mainly in fat cells.

Alex23

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2009, 06:19:49 PM »
Aromatase is mainly in fat cells.

Outed.

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2009, 12:30:54 AM »
Bump up the test to 1000mg there champ.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2009, 08:09:28 AM »
I have to second what Tapeworm said....your higher BF% could be causing you to aromatise @ an increased rate, I would try some tamoxifen initially before trying any thing stronger.   

Use the 'lbs' as rough guide for your dietary success.....personally I like to go by photos taken every 2-4 weeks.

E...

Thanks Eq.  Just remember that if you're looking for an AI (aromatase inhibitor) you'll need something from that class, like Arimidex.  I'm not a big fan of SERMs like Nolva, although I'd be eating them like tic tacs if I ever found myself getting titty.

I read the first part I was like "cool Tap-O-worm, is a smart guy...." then read the glowy glowy part   :-X

;D

Nah it's true, the fatter, the higher concentration of aromataze... some say chicken & the egg; are you fat b/c of high aromataze or does being fat raises it?

Not clear but definitely, even 200mg can do that, especially if your diet sucks (no offense but you come up as a guy who likes the salties) or if you're stressing out Josh...

Hey now.  I don't want to step on Coach Bomz toes.  If Av and Tbomz have an understanding, far be it from me....  He's a bit of a wildman with the dosing imo but I can't fault him on doing his research.

Agree on diet and E metabolism.  If organic broc didn't cost as much as steak here, I'd be putting it through the juicer every day.