Author Topic: Do you have a problem with foreigners debating in American Politics?  (Read 1386 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
I think if it's about policies that effect them in some way then I'm fine with it.  But what about them debating on stuff that is clearly none of their business and doesn't have a direct influence on them or the world?  I mean before the internet, most of the public debate in America occured between Americans in America.  Now with so many debating issues online, it's not uncommon for a significant amount of the opinions to come from non American citizens.

I'm sure nothing could be done about it but wondering how do you feel about this?

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
Re: Do you have a problem with foreigners debating in American Politics?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 02:31:40 PM »
I have no problem with it.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 02:34:28 PM »
that's cool, can you tell me why?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2009, 02:35:33 PM »
Good topic....no as many Euro's don't seem to have a real grasp of their own blood soaked history and then think we 're idiots. But its fun to call em out and some like hedge have good questions.
L

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2009, 02:39:10 PM »
Good topic....no as many Euro's don't seem to have a real grasp of their own blood soaked history and then think we 're idiots. But its fun to call em out and some like hedge have good questions.
thanks hh

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2009, 02:39:40 PM »
I think if it's about policies that effect them in some way then I'm fine with it.  But what about them debating on stuff that is clearly none of their business and doesn't have a direct influence on them or the world?  I mean before the internet, most of the public debate in America occured between Americans in America.  Now with so many debating issues online, it's not uncommon for a significant amount of the opinions to come from non American citizens.

I'm sure nothing could be done about it but wondering how do you feel about this?

I think people from other countries can sometimes provide unique and objective insights.  Also, American policies in many ways can indirectly affect people from other countries.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2009, 02:40:48 PM »
I guess I should rephrase...yes let em debate as per Hugo's post but don't expect us to give ur opinion its full weight if all u do is poke the bear.
L

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2009, 02:44:03 PM »
i dont care much for their opinions

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2009, 02:46:00 PM »
that's cool, can you tell me why?

what he said. .. he beat me to it.

I think people from other countries can sometimes provide unique and objective insights.  Also, American policies in many ways can indirectly affect people from other countries.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2009, 02:46:19 PM »
I think if it's about policies that effect them in some way then I'm fine with it.  But what about them debating on stuff that is clearly none of their business and doesn't have a direct influence on them or the world?  I mean before the internet, most of the public debate in America occured between Americans in America.  Now with so many debating issues online, it's not uncommon for a significant amount of the opinions to come from non American citizens.

Where are you going with this?

Do you have an opinion on what is going on in Venezuela/Israel/Iraq/Iran/Afghanistan/France/Denmark?
Is it really any of your business?

I think you're totally entitled to have an opinion. I've never questioned your right to have opinions on other countries and their policies.

USA is the most important country in the world. Anyone claiming otherwise is just fooling himself. It's only natural that the rest of the world will follow even US domestic issues.

How many foreigners follow German, or even UK health care?

As for myself, I've lived in the USA for awhile, and have strong emotional ties to the country still.

Hugo, I think you should consider it a huge compliment (no homo) that everyone is interested in the USA.

As empty as paradise

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2009, 02:54:05 PM »
Hedge...he's throwing out a great topic based on houres of debate by many on here, going back and forth about this while debating other points. This is not directed at u...as I have pointed out time and again u ask legitimate questions about certain things because u may not  know something or want opinions...not shit stirring..and its greatly appreciated.
L

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2009, 02:57:58 PM »
I don't so much have a problem with it, but I don't really get it a lot of the time.

I have opinions on Britain, but I don't go over to British boards and cry and whine about shit that has nothing to do with me.

Healthcare reform is a good one.  It doesn't have anything to do with them.  Why care?  

Of course people from other countries can have an opinion on it, but incessantly crying, pissing, and moaning about it?  Nah, I don't get that at all.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2009, 03:01:42 PM »
We have some that won't even post where they're from...other hunt bigfoot..and then we have Hedge. More Hedge less bigfoot.
L

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2009, 03:03:01 PM »
Hedge...he's throwing out a great topic based on houres of debate by many on here, going back and forth about this while debating other points. This is not directed at u...as I have pointed out time and again u ask legitimate questions about certain things because u may not  know something or want opinions...not shit stirring..and its greatly appreciated.
exactly, thank you hh.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2009, 03:03:40 PM »
Does it matter? You give a gimmick that claims to live in southern France free reign to do nothing but post inflammatory CT crap and then you ask our opinion of it? That's rich.  ::)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2009, 07:24:26 PM »
bump.  Just wanting to know what people think, not making a judgement against anyone for their opinion on this.

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2009, 07:29:51 PM »
Well I think you can expect people to voice opinions regardless where they are from. I think the US plays a crucial role in world politics, but then again so does China, but then I don't speak Chinese.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2009, 07:53:25 PM »

I think people from other countries can sometimes provide unique and objective insights.  Also, American policies in many ways can indirectly affect people from other countries.
you obviously have never read on of The Lukes posts  :D

I dont have a problem with it but at the end of the day i could give a shit what they think. If they have a good point thats one thing but if they are just here to state their opinion they can start a thread about their countries politics and debate themselves.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2009, 10:11:57 PM »
you obviously have never read on of The Lukes posts  :D

I dont have a problem with it but at the end of the day i could give a shit what they think. If they have a good point thats one thing but if they are just here to state their opinion they can start a thread about their countries politics and debate themselves.

I have read many of Luke's posts.  I like them.  They can be entertaining, insightful, far reaching, ludicrous, inflammatory, way off based, flawed and educational all at the same time.

You have to admit, he does provide fuel for debate, where as some ass hats like our resident moonbots serve up nothing but air biscuits.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2009, 05:22:56 AM »
We have some that won't even post where they're from...other hunt bigfoot..and then we have Hedge. More Hedge less bigfoot.

LOL...this made me laugh!   ;D

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2009, 05:27:01 AM »
I don't mind at all when it's constructive debate.....but the garbage that blackone, samboson, bigfoot boy and their ilk post I don't care for.  It's the same exact garbage over and over with nothing to add to the discussion.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2009, 05:40:16 AM »
I don't have a problem with it, I think their differing POV can be very insightful....

I do have a problem with some of the foreigners on this board who think they know more about the US than us, and act like we're being tortured and forced to live here.  Or the ones who think they could have won WWII without the United States, etc...

:P
S

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2009, 09:59:17 AM »
I don't have a problem w/it in general, like others have said they can present an interesting perspective on things, plus many things America does can affect the whole world, but I also agree w/Skip's post.

Foreigners are sometimes "fascinated w/American Politics."

Sting: Obama best person to handle world's 'mess'
Associated Press
Last Updated: 3:28 PM, October 29, 2009
Posted: 3:26 PM, October 29, 2009

Sting isn't a religious man, but he says President Barack Obama might be a divine answer to the world's problems.

"In many ways, he's sent from God," he joked in an interview, "because the world's a mess."

But Sting is serious in his belief that Obama is the best leader to navigate the world's problems. In an interview on Wednesday, the former Police frontman said that he spent some time with Obama and "found him to be very genuine, very present, clearly super-smart, and exactly what we need in the world."

"I can't think of anyone better qualified because of his background, his education, particularly in regard to Islam," he said.

Still, Sting acknowledged the president had a "difficult job" ahead of him.

The British singer, who released the seasonal album "On A Winter's Night" this week, said he's fascinated by American politics, Obama, and also by Obama's opponents on the right.

R