Author Topic: Phony GDP Growth  (Read 1771 times)

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
Phony GDP Growth
« on: October 30, 2009, 05:58:36 AM »
For those who foolish believe the statistics that the RECESSION/DEPRESSION is over, here is Peter Schiff with some morning wake up news.

C

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Phony GDP Growth
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 07:01:53 AM »
The cheerleaders in predictable fashion refuse to believe the truth about what is occuring. 

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2009, 03:39:55 PM »
The cheerleaders in predictable fashion refuse to believe the truth about what is occuring. 

I guess once they all have their soup cans they will stop cheerleading and start saying I SHOULD HAVE LISTENED WHEN THEY WERE TELLING EVERYONE THIS IS GONNA HAPPEN...
C

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2009, 03:45:06 PM »
too bad all the financial geniuses in the world don't know about the brain trust over here at GB.com

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2009, 03:51:59 PM »
maybe I'm a sadist ?? but I want to see something happen already, been hearing this for dogs ages.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2009, 05:12:20 PM »
Just look at the stats of the U6 number when the employment data is released.  Look at the state budgets getting worse each month, the rising unemployment, the lower employment figures overall, the layoffs, etc.

The only thing masking the problem is the printing press of the fed.  However, that wont last forever and then TSHTF. 

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2009, 09:02:10 PM »
maybe I'm a sadist ?? but I want to see something happen already, been hearing this for dogs ages.

See something happen like what? Aren't you tired of seeing people lose their homes, jobs, businesses, pensions, savings, living in tent cities, filing welfare and UE roles, foreclosures, etc etc etc..
C

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2009, 11:26:02 PM »
Not to speak for MB, but I think what he is saying is that people are always crying wolf, yet no wolf ever shows. 

HDPhysiques

• Getbig III
  • "Hi-Def Bodies in Hi-Def Video"
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2009, 11:34:02 PM »
Just look at the stats of the U6 number when the employment data is released.  Look at the state budgets getting worse each month, the rising unemployment, the lower employment figures overall, the layoffs, etc.

The only thing masking the problem is the printing press of the fed.  However, that wont last forever and then TSHTF. 

This is correct.  The dollar is fucked.  Oil will skyrocket. Hyper-inflation is on the way.  Our lives, as we know it, will essentially be over.
JOIN HDPhysiques!!!!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2009, 05:24:17 AM »
This is correct.  The dollar is fucked.  Oil will skyrocket. Hyper-inflation is on the way.  Our lives, as we know it, will essentially be over.

Yet the cheerleaders still appalud C4C, the nonsensical stimulus bill, and other spending sprees of this admn.

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2009, 06:58:45 AM »
Not to speak for MB, but I think what he is saying is that people are always crying wolf, yet no wolf ever shows. 

I got what he said.... Ergo my explanation.

What the SIMPLETON really was saying is he wants to see RIOTS, PANIC, HAYHEM, DISORDER, KILLING, LOOTING, VIOLENCE, CHAOS etc etc etc...from the comfort of his home. He wants to see it but not be effected by it. Sick bastard if you ask me.
C

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2009, 07:07:36 AM »
I got what he said.... Ergo my explanation.

What the SIMPLETON really was saying is he wants to see RIOTS, PANIC, HAYHEM, DISORDER, KILLING, LOOTING, VIOLENCE, CHAOS etc etc etc...from the comfort of his home. He wants to see it but not be effected by it. Sick bastard if you ask me.

11000%    People are conditioned to expect shit like they see in the movies.  Its not like that.  Its more like a car that is breaking down one piece at a time but still barely running.  People are epxecting a 9/11 like image on the screen.   

This is more like a wrecking ball to a large building.  One swing doesnt bring it down, but the percussion, continual impacts, etc all eventually make it fall.

IMHO this is far worse because people are not being shocked into action and a realization on what is afoot in the near or not to far future.  People now are plain stupid is you ask me. 

Just look at some of the posters here, who I will not name, that still cheerlead for this WH and what the govt is doing.  No matter how much evidence you present, these fools still dont see what is happening and point the finger at you or me, or people like celente for telling the damn truth.   

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2009, 10:14:50 AM »
IMHO this is far worse because people are not being shocked into action and a realization on what is afoot in the near or not to far future.  People now are plain stupid is you ask me.

Many people, a rather large minority, which are still far outnumbered by the I-don't-give-a-shitters don't get me wrong, do share your views on the matter but not the methods. By this I mean that the movement you are calling on will not really become a mass-based movement until the republicans, who are the ones spearheading this broo-haha at this point, let go of some of their... let's call them "social" issues. I don't see Korean-Americans or Mexican-Americans walking among the gun-totin', Bush-adoring deer hunter from Kalispel (if ya know what I mean  ;) ). Until this "leading group" (and right now they're the only ones leading this movement because it's a negro in power, let's be realistic) learns about the multidimensional America they'll just be a bunch of red-necks whose only goal is to follow the next Fox "Mussolini" to another time-wasting march, with the highest goal achieved being able to pee on the White House lawn.  

Just look at some of the posters here, who I will not name, that still cheerlead for this WH and what the govt is doing.  No matter how much evidence you present, these fools still dont see what is happening and point the finger at you or me, or people like celente for telling the damn truth.

Celente is telling the truth? How am I supposed to know that? Are you sure? What is it with this constant need for "truth mavericks" who are supposed to KNOW the truth (while almost 400 million minus one [Celente] are in the dark) of "what is going on"?

I mean, if your goal is to wake people into some sort of revolution then you'll have to do a lot better than that.

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2009, 01:16:31 PM »
WOW 3...Did you see Slappers response? Is the american populace this hopeless? I feel like Noah entering the Ark after much persuading and failure to convince the masses.... Cest La Vie.

Many people, a rather large minority, which are still far outnumbered by the I-don't-give-a-shitters don't get me wrong, do share your views on the matter but not the methods. By this I mean that the movement you are calling on will not really become a mass-based movement until the republicans, who are the ones spearheading this broo-haha at this point, let go of some of their... let's call them "social" issues. I don't see Korean-Americans or Mexican-Americans walking among the gun-totin', Bush-adoring deer hunter from Kalispel (if ya know what I mean  ;) ). Until this "leading group" (and right now they're the only ones leading this movement because it's a negro in power, let's be realistic) learns about the multidimensional America they'll just be a bunch of red-necks whose only goal is to follow the next Fox "Mussolini" to another time-wasting march, with the highest goal achieved being able to pee on the White House lawn.  

Celente is telling the truth? How am I supposed to know that? Are you sure? What is it with this constant need for "truth mavericks" who are supposed to KNOW the truth (while almost 400 million minus one [Celente] are in the dark) of "what is going on"?

I mean, if your goal is to wake people into some sort of revolution then you'll have to do a lot better than that.

C

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2009, 07:38:34 PM »
it's obvious that Obama is massaging the numbers to make his stim bill look good.  bush did the same thing when he didn't include the war costs in his budget.  at this point, i think it's par for course.  not right, mind you.  but I think if we looked back, clinton and bush 2 probably did the same thing.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2009, 05:21:34 AM »
All administrations creatively report numbers...but this administration seems to have a mastery and they have promised more than any administration I remember.

We'll see what 4th quarter GDP looks like.  I bet the 3rd quarter was overestimated and may be somewhat temporary growth anyway.

Even if we have some improved #s in GDP, look at the overall debt, unemployment and health of small businesses in the U.S.  All of these factors are worse.  Partial relief came to wall street, bankers and government workers but not to the average American.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2009, 05:53:00 AM »
I guess once they all have their soup cans...

Hmmm...

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2009, 06:58:12 AM »
it's obvious that Obama is massaging the numbers to make his stim bill look good.  bush did the same thing when he didn't include the war costs in his budget.  at this point, i think it's par for course.  not right, mind you.  but I think if we looked back, clinton and bush 2 probably did the same thing.

since when does the POTUS or his administration produce the GDP #'s.

If Obama was going to "massage" anything it would be the budget deficit like Bush did when he didn't include the cost of Iraq/Afghanistan.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2009, 07:20:27 AM »
since when does the POTUS or his administration produce the GDP #'s.

1) Did Bush do it?
2) Did Obama do it?

I suspect the answer will be the same

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2009, 07:49:16 AM »
1) Did Bush do it?
2) Did Obama do it?

I suspect the answer will be the same

did Bush make up or manipulate the GDP #'s  ?

I seriously doubt it

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2009, 06:25:10 PM »
did Bush make up or manipulate the GDP #'s  ?

I seriously doubt it

1.  The WH definately bs'ed the jobs number from the stimulus.

2.  The GDP number is a joke because most of it is govt spending, not private sector growth.   

HDPhysiques

• Getbig III
  • "Hi-Def Bodies in Hi-Def Video"
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2009, 11:55:28 PM »
You are correct in all of this.  However, where you make an error is assigning all the blame to this administration.  Yes, Obama has made the situation worse.  However, the "new world order" (the destruction of our currency, the further takeover of the country by the global corporate machine and the military industrial complex) got the "green light" and accelerated during Bush 2.   It doesn't really matter who is in office, lib or conserv, repub or demo, they are all being controlled/purchased by the corporate elite and bankers.

We haven't really had a real government since the Kennedy assassination.  That's when the gov't started to go corrupt and stop answering to the people and instead answer to Wall Street, the military/defense contractors, and the corporate and social elite.

11000%    People are conditioned to expect shit like they see in the movies.  Its not like that.  Its more like a car that is breaking down one piece at a time but still barely running.  People are epxecting a 9/11 like image on the screen.   

This is more like a wrecking ball to a large building.  One swing doesnt bring it down, but the percussion, continual impacts, etc all eventually make it fall.

IMHO this is far worse because people are not being shocked into action and a realization on what is afoot in the near or not to far future.  People now are plain stupid is you ask me. 

Just look at some of the posters here, who I will not name, that still cheerlead for this WH and what the govt is doing.  No matter how much evidence you present, these fools still dont see what is happening and point the finger at you or me, or people like celente for telling the damn truth.   
JOIN HDPhysiques!!!!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2009, 04:38:24 AM »
You are correct in all of this.  However, where you make an error is assigning all the blame to this administration.  Yes, Obama has made the situation worse.  However, the "new world order" (the destruction of our currency, the further takeover of the country by the global corporate machine and the military industrial complex) got the "green light" and accelerated during Bush 2.   It doesn't really matter who is in office, lib or conserv, repub or demo, they are all being controlled/purchased by the corporate elite and bankers.

We haven't really had a real government since the Kennedy assassination.  That's when the gov't started to go corrupt and stop answering to the people and instead answer to Wall Street, the military/defense contractors, and the corporate and social elite.

Obama has simply sped up from where Bush left off and doubled down on the theft of the taxpayer.