Author Topic: Are there really drugs that can "hook" you in a single useage?  (Read 3780 times)

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
Are there really drugs that can "hook" you in a single useage?
« on: October 31, 2009, 06:58:07 AM »
 ???
S

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
Re: Are there really drugs that can "hook" you in a single useage?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2009, 06:59:24 AM »
Pepsi.  ;D

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
S

WingedLion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2009, 07:12:29 AM »
opiates

I believe coke too

spinnis

JimmyJam1974

• Getbig V
  • "No sir, the ball ain't heavy." - Herschel Walker
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2009, 07:28:07 AM »
I think that this depends on the person. If the person is in a place mentally where he/she is suceptible to addiction - then opiates and coke are easy to get hooked on.
U

WingedLion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2009, 07:29:41 AM »
I think that this depends on the person. If the person is in a place mentally where he/she is suceptible to addiction - then opiates and coke are easy to get hooked on.
bla bla

mentally suceptible ??  ::)

everyone is like this... that's why they were designed like this

JimmyJam1974

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2009, 07:38:27 AM »
bla bla

mentally suceptible ??  ::)

everyone is like this... that's why they were designed like this
Perhaps mentally was a poor choice - maybe more psychologically. For example, if a person was raised by parents who abused them or just didn't provide care for them. This person, in most cases, has psychologocal issues, would you agree? To fit in and seek acceptance by others, ther person in my example may succumb more easily to peer pressure. Then their design (physiologically) makes then more susceptible to get 'hooked' on drugs.

Someone who is mentally anfd pschologically strong is less susceptible to be hooked. Also, I think some people with lower IQ's are more susceptible becuase, well, they're dumb.
U

WingedLion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2009, 07:50:11 AM »
Perhaps mentally was a poor choice - maybe more psychologically. For example, if a person was raised by parents who abused them or just didn't provide care for them. This person, in most cases, has psychologocal issues, would you agree? To fit in and seek acceptance by others, ther person in my example may succumb more easily to peer pressure. Then their design (physiologically) makes then more susceptible to get 'hooked' on drugs.

Someone who is mentally anfd pschologically strong is less susceptible to be hooked. Also, I think some people with lower IQ's are more susceptible becuase, well, they're dumb.
drugs were created and introduced with a single simple purpose

to facilitate and enhance general and specific programing as in mind control

simple as that

JimmyJam1974

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2009, 08:04:06 AM »
drugs were created and introduced with a single simple purpose

to facilitate and enhance general and specific programing as in mind control

simple as that
Ohh - interesting hypothesis, needs some sscientific method as evidence
U

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2009, 08:15:12 AM »
"Cocaine is a helluva drug!!!"
                          -R. James

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2009, 08:16:14 AM »
Ohh - interesting hypothesis, needs some sscientific method as evidence
Dawgzz goin downnnnnnn hard today!

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2009, 08:16:43 AM »
If you have an addictive personality, sure.

But speaking purely phyiscal addiction, no. Opium is the most addictive drug on earth and it takes about three days to really get in your blood.

If you did it once or twice you would have zero withdrawals. it's YOU that making you do it again

Cocaine isn't physically addicting. it's purely mental.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2009, 08:17:38 AM »
It's an individual thing. For every jackass that got hooked once, there is another fag that gets hooked on nothing.

JimmyJam1974

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2009, 08:21:28 AM »
Dawgzz goin downnnnnnn hard today!
More than likely but we still have to  play the game. You wering your jorts?
U

suckmymuscle

« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2009, 08:23:16 AM »
???

Nicotine via inhalation is the most addictive drug known, even surpassing heroin. The reason for this is that, even though it doesen't hit you as hard as crack, meth and heroin, it hits you much faster and thus the brain associates the act of lighting up with pleasure much more strongly than snorting coke. Cocaine is a very powerful indirect dopaminergic agonist, whilst nicotine is a mild direct dopaminergic agonist, but when you snort coke it takes 3 to 5 minutes for the drug to hit you, whereas the nicotine from a cigarette hits you in seven seconds after your first puff, so the act of smoking is associated with reward to a much higher degree.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2009, 08:23:26 AM »
You guys are totally contradicting everything we were taught by the D.A.R.E officer in elementary school....  :o
S

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2009, 08:26:14 AM »
Heroin Is problalby the most addicting drug. Synthetic opiates such as oxycotin, percocet, hydros, ect. are bitch to get off of. Saw many good friends ruin years of their lifes kicking.
Meth Might be harder to kick though. Never had any friends get into it.

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2009, 08:38:03 AM »
I have tried a many of drugs partying. Yet, I never got hooked. Had many friends that did however. I do believe it goes person to person. However, if you do use a physically addictive drug frequently than it would be hard to kick due to your body needing it.

*edit: I have been addicted to nasonex for my allergies. I couldn't stop using the stuff, when I quit using it I felt like there was nothing I could do to breathe through my nose.
Watching The Haters

JimmyJam1974

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2009, 08:43:13 AM »
I have tried a many of drugs partying. Yet, I never got hooked. Had many friends that did however. I do believe it goes person to person. However, if you do use a physically addictive drug frequently than it would be hard to kick due to your body needing it.
AGREED - YOU HAVE THE MENTAL/PSYCHOLOGICAL STRENGTH TO NOT ALLOW YOURSELF TO GET HOOKED. IF YOU WERE MENTALL/PSYCHOLOGICALLY WEAK AND ALLOWED YOURSELF TO SUCCUMB TO DRUGS, THEN YOUR BODY WOULD WANT THESE MORE ADDICITVE DRUGS
U

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2009, 08:47:10 AM »
AGREED - YOU HAVE THE MENTAL/PSYCHOLOGICAL STRENGTH TO NOT ALLOW YOURSELF TO GET HOOKED. IF YOU WERE MENTALL/PSYCHOLOGICALLY WEAK AND ALLOWED YOURSELF TO SUCCUMB TO DRUGS, THEN YOUR BODY WOULD WANT THESE MORE ADDICITVE DRUGS

It doesn't matter how strong you are In some cases. If you are perscribe oxycotin for a bad injury and you are on It for a couple months. You are gonna be hooked on that drug. I dont care how strong you are. Your gonna go through a bad withdraw and most people need a doctors help to stop.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2009, 09:01:24 AM »
???

It doesn't matter how strong you are In some cases. If you are perscribe oxycotin for a bad injury and you are on It for a couple months.

I do not believe there is any drug out there that you can be hooked on after just a single use. Snort one line, and you're "forever hooked." No, not buying it.
If you were to tell me that you know someone, or that you are that person, that has become addicted after one line, injection or whatever I would call bullshit instantly.
I've known people who have injected smack over a period of two years, sometimes going months between use and weren't addicted whatsoever. Only when the trials and tribulations of life got them down, and they were looking for something to fall back on did they start using more frequently and thus started shooting every day and that's when they became addicted.
If you are strong, one use will not make you addicted. But if you are not strong, then you will find a reason to use another time, and another etc...and thus after repeated uses you are now addicted.

Sarcastic Deity

• Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2009, 09:46:38 AM »
Cocaine isn't physically addicting. it's purely mental.

seriously outdated information...cocaine is physically addicting in a BIG fucking way

w8m8

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2009, 10:43:12 AM »
???

link
http://www.teenhealthfx.com/answers/Alcohol/1563.html

excerpt
question:
What drug have you come upon, that may become addictive from first time use? According to the research I have done in College, there is no such thing. Even morphine, and heroin are not addictive from first time use. In FACT, less than 10% of patients given morphine for operations have actually used it again.

reply :
Your fact about less than 10% of people becoming addicted to morphine after being prescribed it after an operation is interesting, but there is a big difference between taking a drug for medical reasons versus recreational ones. Because addiction has such a strong psychological component to it, the atmosphere surrounding drug use is a very important factor in determining whether or not someone will become addicted. The mind can be very powerful in overcoming whatever pleasure comes from drug use if a person is adamantly against drug use and did not make the decision to take it in the first place

self esteem , willpower, self control/self worth , state of mind , etc . is what I think matters aswell

JimmyJam1974

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2009, 10:56:41 AM »
link

reply :
Your fact about less than 10% of people becoming addicted to morphine after being prescribed it after an operation is interesting, but there is a big difference between taking a drug for medical reasons versus recreational ones. Because addiction has such a strong psychological component to it, the atmosphere surrounding drug use is a very important factor in determining whether or not someone will become addicted. The mind can be very powerful in overcoming whatever pleasure comes from drug use if a person is adamantly against drug use and did not make the decision to take it in the first place

self esteem , willpower, self control/self worth , state of mind , etc . is what I think matters aswell
QFT
U