Author Topic: Ravens  (Read 50009 times)

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
Re: Ravens
« Reply #450 on: January 05, 2011, 12:33:20 PM »
Snappy comeback right there.....

Do your history and you'll be surprised how many #1 and #2 seeds with a bye week have lost their first playoff game in the divisional round. Any NFL player would tell you that they want that bye but in reality......teams that are hot entering the playoffs tend to have more success when they play in consecutive weeks.

yeah i was drawin a blank there.. so i went with the "we're just better than you' route..

weak huh  ;D

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #451 on: January 05, 2011, 01:14:00 PM »
yeah i was drawin a blank there.. so i went with the "we're just better than you' route..

weak huh  ;D

It's all good. ;) I enjoy debating with Steeler fans. But with every loss when we play, I keep losing more ammo. >:(

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #452 on: January 05, 2011, 02:06:44 PM »
More like beat the shit out of the Steelers if you guys end up playing one another again. At least the Ravens were winning most of the game when we played the Pats. You guys flat out got the shit kicked out of you in your own house.

I especially enjoyed it when Tom Brady spiked the ball in the endzone after #43 was acting like a dirty bitch.

and your team lost to the bengals hahahahahaha

E
E

body88

« Reply #453 on: January 05, 2011, 02:26:34 PM »
Snappy comeback right there.....

Do your history and you'll be surprised how many #1 and #2 seeds with a bye week have lost their first playoff game in the divisional round. Any NFL player would tell you that they want that bye but in reality......teams that are hot entering the playoffs tend to have more success when they play in consecutive weeks.

I think the bye is a good thing if you manage your team correctly.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #454 on: January 05, 2011, 03:03:24 PM »
the bye is always a good thing

"do your history" and tell me how many wild cards won a super bowl

E
E

body88

« Reply #455 on: January 05, 2011, 03:11:14 PM »

Gonna have to agree, move often than not, team with bye = advance to sb.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #456 on: January 06, 2011, 06:57:05 AM »
the bye is always a good thing

"do your history" and tell me how many wild cards won a super bowl

E

That wasn't my argument, Earl. Didn't say anything about wildcards winning a superbowl. I was talking about #1 and #2 seeds with a bye week losing their first playoff game.

but since you asked....the Baltimore Ravens were a wildcard in 2000 when we won the Superbowl. And surprise.....we were 12-4 that season also.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #457 on: January 06, 2011, 06:58:12 AM »
and your team lost to the bengals hahahahahaha

E

Ouch....what a burn.  ::)

Might have a hard time recovering from that one.

body88

« Reply #458 on: January 06, 2011, 08:43:17 AM »
That wasn't my argument, Earl. Didn't say anything about wildcards winning a superbowl. I was talking about #1 and #2 seeds with a bye week losing their first playoff game.

but since you asked....the Baltimore Ravens were a wildcard in 2000 when we won the Superbowl. And surprise.....we were 12-4 that season also.

I'd have to say that one and two's win out more often than not. Going off memory, I can name four, one or two seeds that made the superbowl:

2003: NE
2004: NE
2007: NE
2009: NO

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #459 on: January 06, 2011, 09:09:03 AM »
Conversely, I can name multiple #1 and #2 seeds that blew their first playoff game in the divisional round:

2009: San Diego #1 seed
2008: Tennessee Titans # 1 seed, Carolina Panthers #2 seed
2007: Dallas Cowboys # 1 seed
2006: San Diego Chargers #1 seed, Baltimore Ravens #2 seed(that one still stings to this day-- >:()

And that's just in the last 5 years. Listen...I would've loved to have gotten a 1st round bye this season but it wouldn't have given me any extra reassurance that my team was a lock to make the Superbowl.

Once the playoffs start, every team is 0-0. It all comes down to who's playing their best football in December and heading into January.

body88

« Reply #460 on: January 06, 2011, 09:29:53 AM »
Understood, but I believe historically the #1 or #2 seed have gone on to appear/win the superbowl most often. That's all that matters.

Of course a bye would make you more confident. You'd get extra time to get healthy, and prepare for your opponent. Typically the teams who don't get the bye's claim that the extra play helps keep them sharp. Fact is, they incur an extra game of wear and tear, they have less time to prepare, and they have to play on the road most of the time.

Give me a bye all day every day.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #461 on: January 06, 2011, 10:14:28 AM »
Ouch....what a burn.  ::)

Might have a hard time recovering from that one.

actually yeah you might

that loss cost you a bye

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #462 on: January 06, 2011, 10:16:14 AM »

and the steelers were 12 - 4 in 08 and a 2 seed 8)

E
E

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #463 on: January 06, 2011, 02:53:26 PM »
actually yeah you might

that loss cost you a bye

E

Yeah right, a loss in week 2 cost us the bye.  ::)

Actually, losing to the Steelers on Dec. 5th and some jerkoff WR in Buffalo that can't catch an easy touchdown pass in overtime cost the Ravens the bye. >:(

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #464 on: January 06, 2011, 07:30:33 PM »
a loss in week 2 or week 13 still counts as one loss, and that one loss cost you the bye week

E
E

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #465 on: January 07, 2011, 04:16:35 AM »
Whatever you say, Earl. ::)

But us Ravens fans feel that we blew the bye opportunity when we lost to the Steelers on Dec.5th. A win in that game would've easily allowed us to clinch the division and a bye because we would've had a two game lead. But that's over with, we're at where we're at. We're in the big dance with a team capable of doing some serious damage in the playoffs.

The Ravens are built for the road. Our franchise playoff record proves that. I feel as if the Colts will win against the Jets. If the Ravens take care of business on Sunday then we would travel to Pittsburgh for the divsional game. Hope we get a 3rd crack at the Steelers. The jinx has to end at some point, so why not this year?

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #466 on: January 09, 2011, 12:53:31 PM »
On to Pittsburgh!

The Ravens absolutely dominated the Chiefs in the 2nd half. 5 turnovers forced by the Ravens D.

Hope the Steelers are nice and rested because the Ravens are coming to town! The Big Ben jinx has to end sometime. Why not this year on the highest stage?

One win, two more to go to reach Dallas.

GO RAVENS!

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #467 on: January 09, 2011, 01:14:21 PM »
you know they will be rested and ready :-*

E
E

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #468 on: January 09, 2011, 05:30:06 PM »
steelers-ravens..

...wake me up when the 4th quarter starts  :o

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #469 on: January 09, 2011, 05:32:56 PM »
pretty good games so far jets/colts, eagles/pack

not bad match ups next week too

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #470 on: January 15, 2011, 05:42:37 PM »
QUOTE THE RAVENS

NEVERMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOLY SHIT WHAT A COMEBACK WHAT A FUCKING GAME I WILL NEVER FORGET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

E
E

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #471 on: January 15, 2011, 05:43:42 PM »
Pittsburgh has only beaten New England once in the last seven times, and never in New England, since Brady has been the QB. Therefore, do you want the Jets to beat the Pats? Or the Pats, to beat the Steelers?
D

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #472 on: January 15, 2011, 05:47:58 PM »
just answered that in the other thread but i said i would love to beat new england in new england, that would be almost as sweet as a super bowl win

it's time, we've been waiting since 2002

it has to end now 8)

E
E

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #473 on: January 15, 2011, 06:34:22 PM »
Horrible loss. Out coached and out played in the second half. I've never seen a team fall apart the way the Ravens did in the second half. That call for holding on Webb's TD punt return was absolute garbage. But it probably wouldn't have made a difference in the end.

But the thing that kills me in this: We sacked Ben 6 TIMES today. 3rd and 19 and we rushed only 3 lineman??? What the flying fuck??? He had all day to make that throw. Just speechless about the way the Ravens played in the second half. The 3 consecutive turnovers......Jesus Christ.....Just ugly.

Hats off to the Steelers for not panicking at halftime and just turning up the juice in the second half. Best of luck in the next round.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #474 on: January 15, 2011, 06:44:15 PM »
Horrible loss. Out coached and out played in the second half. I've never seen a team fall apart the way the Ravens did in the second half. That call for holding on Webb's TD punt return was absolute garbage. But it probably wouldn't have made a difference in the end.

But the thing that kills me in this: We sacked Ben 6 TIMES today. 3rd and 19 and we rushed only 3 lineman??? What the flying fuck??? He had all day to make that throw. Just speechless about the way the Ravens played in the second half. The 3 consecutive turnovers......Jesus Christ.....Just ugly.

Hats off to the Steelers for not panicking at halftime and just turning up the juice in the second half. Best of luck in the next round.

Get rid of CAM!!  >:( >:(
D