Author Topic: Class-Action Suit against 24 Hour Fitness  (Read 12235 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: Class-Action Suit against 24 Hour Fitness
« Reply #50 on: November 04, 2009, 11:43:53 AM »
24 hour will lose big, its up to the employer to prove it not the employee
how is it up to the employer to disprove their claims?

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2009, 11:45:23 AM »

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2009, 01:13:47 PM »
24 hour fitness does not have a monopoly on the aerobics industry, thats ludicrois Luke.

Your taking a concept from banking and industry (where I agree monopolies are bad) and applying it inappropriately.

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2009, 02:03:04 PM »
If they pay her more then they have to charge more for membership, so prices everywhere will eventually go up and her pay rise then becomes meaningless.

Large corporations who have a significant share of a market don't start out that way. If someone works harder and is better than their competitors then they will grow. If they stay the same they have a good chance of dying out.

The Luke, maybe it sucks to you, but the world and business has to work one way. If you start paying the instructor more for a relatively unskilled job in a saturated market it will impact other areas, it won't necessarily make things better the way you want them.

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
« Reply #54 on: November 04, 2009, 02:21:20 PM »
If they pay her more then they have to charge more for membership, so prices everywhere will eventually go up and her pay rise then becomes meaningless.

...because they couldn't possibly reduce the CEO's pay or the shareholder dividend?

You guys have a very poor grasp of how this shit works... while America is spiraling into a bankrupt monoculture: every coffee shop a Starbucks; every supermarket a Walmart; every pharmacy a Walgreens; every diner a McDonalds... the middle class are being pushed into serfdom.

To quote Gerald Celente: "Every day low prices, means every day low-paying jobs!"

India has the worlds fastest growing middle class (granted they have a long way to go); but they are doing it by copying exactly what America did during the 1950s:
-Mom & Pop stores
-college education
-skills, trades and apprenticeships
-private business ownership
-workers rights
-far business conditions for entrepreneurs
-(relatively) narrow income disparity

A shiny dollar to anyone who can tell me what Walmart pays per hour in India, and why?

The Luke

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: November 04, 2009, 09:00:56 PM »
...because they couldn't possibly reduce the CEO's pay or the shareholder dividend?

You guys have a very poor grasp of how this shit works... while America is spiraling into a bankrupt monoculture: every coffee shop a Starbucks; every supermarket a Walmart; every pharmacy a Walgreens; every diner a McDonalds... the middle class are being pushed into serfdom.

To quote Gerald Celente: "Every day low prices, means every day low-paying jobs!"

India has the worlds fastest growing middle class (granted they have a long way to go); but they are doing it by copying exactly what America did during the 1950s:
-Mom & Pop stores
-college education
-skills, trades and apprenticeships
-private business ownership
-workers rights
-far business conditions for entrepreneurs
-(relatively) narrow income disparity

A shiny dollar to anyone who can tell me what Walmart pays per hour in India, and why?

The Luke
LOL save the melodramatics for when your practicing your speeches in the mirror  ::)

24 hour fitness and walmart are apples and oranges, your points on walmart could be argued but trying to argue those same points with 24 is idiotic and leads you to say stupid shit like this...
of course he could they could take a pay cut but she could also go work elsewhere

the united states is an "at will" work country as in you can work and not work at will

please tell me why she had to work at 24?

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #56 on: November 04, 2009, 09:23:27 PM »
Give her $22.50 a class and tell her to STFU. She didnt generate that clientele, the gym did.

If you wanna pay the bitch for an empty class, you can give her $5 or $6 for a no-show.

Give her some gym perks on top of it, which I'm sure she already has. She probably doesn't even use the gym outside of her classes. Why? Because she is also being paid while she stays in shape (if she even is in shape)

If she wants more money, get certified for PT and do that on top of her wanna be aerobics classes, which are basically nothing short of a social gathering of sweaty, fat women. They usually spend more time talking that exercising anyway.

WTF ever.

My top  aerobics instructors get $25 an hour- the Yoga instructors get even more, because they actually do generate their own (wierd and freaky) clientele. The Yoga instructors also go through a hell of a lot more time and money to get certified.

If the gym doesn't pay attention to all the fat hoe's who are running into the classes at the last minute, it's hard for them to even get their cut. Some of these pigs might even be grabbing waters from the refrigerator and shit.

You have to have an added clause in your original contract to pay an extra ammount for aerobics classes. With the cost of running a gym today, you cant have that as an added free feature. Why?

Oh.. yeah, because the bitchy instructors ALWAYS want more money for nothin and their dick for free.

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: November 04, 2009, 09:59:26 PM »
tonymctones or dyslexic,

Wanna take a breath and have a go at this?

The Luke

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: November 04, 2009, 10:05:50 PM »
tonymctones or dyslexic,

Wanna take a breath and have a go at this?

The Luke
wanna tell me how that pertains to 24 and aerobics instructors in the US?

again walmart and 24 in the US is apples and oranges nevertheless 24's in the US and walmarts in india you fuking tard.

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: November 04, 2009, 10:07:04 PM »
wanna tell me how that pertains to 24 and aerobics instructors in the US?

again walmart and 24 in the US is apples and oranges nevertheless 24's in the US and walmarts in india you fuking tard.

...didn't think you knew.

The Luke

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: November 04, 2009, 10:16:23 PM »
...didn't think you knew.

The Luke
there is no point to know it has no bearing on the situation at hand whatsoever... ;)

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: November 04, 2009, 10:21:20 PM »
there is no point to know it has no bearing on the situation at hand whatsoever... ;)

...well maybe you should ask the mods to move this thread to the Politics Board, where it will fit in very well with the rest of your shameful assertions of ignorance.

The Luke

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #62 on: November 04, 2009, 10:25:09 PM »
At the gym here they don't pay the aerobic instructors.  They do a trade off.  They allow the instructor to train for fre and also they are personal trainers and they don't have to give anything back to the gym and they have to give 10 hours or so week for free introductory PT sessions.  They are required to teach a certain number of classes per week.  At least someone told me that.
No Worries 4 me

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: November 04, 2009, 10:30:45 PM »
...well maybe you should ask the mods to move this thread to the Politics Board, where it will fit in very well with the rest of your shameful assertions of ignorance.

The Luke
hahaha dont worry id deflect too if id got backed into a corner in my own thread too.

again how does what ppl get paid in india at walmart pertain to an aerobics instructor at 24 here in the US?  ;) dont worry i dont expect you to answer i just want to see you deflect again

you mean like your ignorant assertion that the US never won a war?  ;) hahaha what a great one that was

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: November 04, 2009, 10:43:19 PM »
again how does what ppl get paid in india at walmart pertain to an aerobics instructor at 24 here in the US?  ;) dont worry i dont expect you to answer i just want to see you deflect again

That's the whole crux of my point... the American middle class is being destroyed by the corporatisation of the USA... and you tools are cheering it on, thoroughly and willingly indoctrinated by an unquestioning quasi-religious belief in banking cleptocracy: Free Market Fundamentalism.

So I used the example of India, with the world's fastest growing middle class, hoping someone would answer my trick question and thereby elucidate my entire point.

Alas... once again, I have overestimated my audience.

Last chance:

The Luke 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: November 04, 2009, 11:09:54 PM »
That's the whole crux of my point... the American middle class is being destroyed by the corporatisation of the USA... and you tools are cheering it on, thoroughly and willingly indoctrinated by an unquestioning quasi-religious belief in banking cleptocracy: Free Market Fundamentalism.

So I used the example of India, with the world's fastest growing middle class, hoping someone would answer my trick question and thereby elucidate my entire point.

Last chance:

The Luke 
lol again bro apples and oranges a different country with different laws etc...etc...

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #66 on: November 04, 2009, 11:33:17 PM »
I suppose you are just simply attempting to correlate Walmart's negative impact on labor with the fitness industry...

The wages in India are half of what they are in China which is somewhere around 0.23 cents an hour.

So... Walmart is making huge profits while keeping its workers in poverty, driving small businesses into bankruptcy, exploiting workers in poor countries, and disregarding the environment. Their strategy is based on ruthlessly cutting costs, allowing it to undersell its competitors and earn enormous profits.

And this thread has officially been brutally (or is it epically?) "hijacked"

Point taken... not sure why.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: November 05, 2009, 09:16:44 AM »
I suppose you are just simply attempting to correlate Walmart's negative impact on labor with the fitness industry...

The wages in India are half of what they are in China which is somewhere around 0.23 cents an hour.

So... Walmart is making huge profits while keeping its workers in poverty, driving small businesses into bankruptcy, exploiting workers in poor countries, and disregarding the environment. Their strategy is based on ruthlessly cutting costs, allowing it to undersell its competitors and earn enormous profits.

And this thread has officially been brutally (or is it epically?) "hijacked"

Point taken... not sure why.

lol again like i said apples and oranges

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: November 05, 2009, 09:57:47 AM »

...better just make this point:

Walmart doesn't pay ANY wages in India. Neither do Starbucks. They don't have any stores there.

Because chain stores are illegal in India... illegal due to being classed as an unfair form of anti-competitive business practice.

Yet India has the worlds fastest growing middle class, and an incredibly high rate of business ownership.

The Luke 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: November 05, 2009, 11:28:56 AM »

Walmart doesn't pay ANY wages in India. Neither do Starbucks. They don't have any stores there.

Because chain stores are illegal in India... illegal due to being classed as an unfair form of anti-competitive business practice.

Yet India has the worlds fastest growing middle class, and an incredibly high rate of business ownership.

The Luke 
so again it has no bearing on this situation whatsoever and you just wanted to talk out your ass...gotcha  ;)

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: November 05, 2009, 11:40:39 AM »
so again it has no bearing on this situation whatsoever and you just wanted to talk out your ass...gotcha  ;)

...or you can't draw a parallel due to insufficient mental acuity? Maybe?

The Luke

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #71 on: November 05, 2009, 12:14:01 PM »

The Luke 
Oh brother. Why don't you pm Debussey and MattC and get your self-congratulatory Mensa gangbang out of the way.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: November 05, 2009, 01:14:16 PM »
...or you can't draw a parallel due to insufficient mental acuity? Maybe?

The Luke
LOL for the n^teenth time luke where did you go to school and what was your field of study?

its not that i cant draw a parallel its that in this instance there is no parallel if you want to talk about wal mart here in the US fine but 24 and walmart are apples and oranges

and as such is 2 countries with separate business laws and regulations  ::)

California Muscle

• Getbig II
  • War in the West
« Reply #73 on: November 05, 2009, 03:59:36 PM »
That's how corporations control and effectively enslave populations.

A local corner store can't find workers paying $9 an hour... but if Walmart abuses their employment monopoly by only paying $9 an hour; that sets an industry standard. Now the corner store can pay $8 an hour, no problem.

That's what I don't understand about the American mentality... I understand capitalist free market fundamentalism, it's a (somewhat) justifiable ideology...

But why don't the proponents of such thinking (ie: those parroting the propaganda) comprehend that monopolies, corporations, corporate personhood and cartels are ANTI-CAPITALIST?

The Luke

▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬►

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #74 on: November 05, 2009, 07:17:08 PM »

The Luke 

Uhhhh... O.K

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/07/12/AR2009071202176.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/27/business/worldbusiness/27iht-store.3689499.html