Author Topic: Guys with home gyms.  (Read 5394 times)

WingedLion

• Getbig IV
Re: Guys with home gyms.
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2009, 07:03:11 AM »
= wear a hat and ipod

NO ONE talks to me at my gym, I started doing 495 for 10 the other day on squats and like 3 mexicans just packed their shit and left, love the rec center, i stomp around there with my hat low and my raekwon turned up and I get it on for an hour....never say a work unless some fine mexican chics walk in and I am hungry for pink tacos
oh brother

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2009, 07:11:53 AM »
An empty room is all you need.

As Milos once said "A true bodybuilder is a man who can enter an empty room and appear 10 minutes later with every bodypart pumped to the max"

Mind Muscle connection

Weights don't work for 90% of lifters.

You need to get in touch with your muscles

Absolute rubbish. There is a thing called progressive overload that you need to do to build muscle. Even if you're injecting loads of stuff into your body and lifting 50 lb 500 times to get a pump, you still need to lift something. Why didn't Milos use this technique to build up his arms instead of using synthol, or just "train" his clients at home using the visualization?

Besides, Milos also thought Hide and Joel Stubbs deserved to be in the top 6 of the Mr Olympia, above Jay Cutler ::)

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2009, 07:20:36 AM »
I want to set up a small yet functional workout area in my garage. For those nights when i want to workout but don't want to go to the gym. My garage is a 2 car one, and  I would like to be able to still get 2 cars in, and just maybe move one out to workout.

I know a cage is the best thing, but they are big. I been looking at PowerTec workbenches and they seem nice. What do you gyms think?
I been eying these one. But do the handles look a little close?
http://www.powertecfitness.com/product.php?id=2

It really depends on the area space that you have to work with.  The more compact a machine, the less overall functionability you'll have.

The Powertec would be fine except there's not much to train the quads and calves with.  I carry a leverage gym package but it would be too big for your needs.

My suggestion would be a Smith Machine or Cage.  It would be fit in a specified area footprint yet you could train the entire body properly.
A

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2009, 07:23:53 AM »
Vince, he wants functional....why in hell are you suggesting a smith machine. On a functional scale of 1-10 its like a 1!

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2009, 07:28:40 AM »
oh brother

what the hell is wrong with that

I am taking mad amounts of shit right now - I have no reason to bullshit the bullshitters on getbig

i'm about 275 right now --

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2009, 07:30:01 AM »

I am taking mad amounts of shit right now - I have no reason to bullshit the bullshitters on getbig

Damn.....looking jacked.   :o

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2009, 07:33:57 AM »
Vince, he wants functional....why in hell are you suggesting a smith machine. On a functional scale of 1-10 its like a 1!

A Body Solid Series 7 Smith Machine is both a Smith Machine and Freeweight Rack which a number of options available.  It fits a small profile but would accomadates his needs

This a base design for the Series 7

And here's a fully equipped one

He can also purchase that Workbench and get a separate Leg Press as well.
A

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2009, 07:39:43 AM »
If you opt for a Smith Machine, go with a counter-balanced one.  So much better than the cheesy ones that just let the bar slide up and down. 

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2009, 07:44:07 AM »
Smith Machines are utterly worthless.

Buy a bench that has a squat stand attached to it.  You can get a decent one for a few hundred bucks.  Hang a chinup bar and buy a few bands.

If you want to do a little more, a medicine ball.  You can also use chains to make your barbell plates function as dumbbells.

That's about the cheapest way I can think to be able to hit everything.
Y

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2009, 07:47:44 AM »
Pussies and their smith machines.  

I have a home gym and it is the best investment I've ever made.  I shop craigslist daily and find wicked deals on stuff people sell.

I have a body solid power rack with a pull down.  I have powertec cable crossovers.  I have the ironmaster dumbells that go from 10-120 pounds.  I have the powertec T-bar row machine.  The powertec sled, the body solid dip and pull up machine.

Right now I'm looking for the treadmill I want.  Costco had the Incline training which is a shorter treadmill that has a super incline, but I didn't have a grand to spend right now.

Hopefully someone will sell it soon on craigslist.

Motivation is awesome, because I don't have to wait at a gym or deal with shadow boxing douches all day.  I can super set and giant set easily, crank the tunes I want and workout when I want.
I especially love it in the winter when It's chillier in my garage and I need to wear thick sweats and workout old school.

WingedLion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2009, 07:48:32 AM »

I bet you're really proud of yourself purple cock skinned red beat face

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2009, 08:02:35 AM »
Pussies and their smith machines.  

I have a home gym and it is the best investment I've ever made.  I shop craigslist daily and find wicked deals on stuff people sell.

I have a body solid power rack with a pull down.  I have powertec cable crossovers.  I have the ironmaster dumbells that go from 10-120 pounds.  I have the powertec T-bar row machine.  The powertec sled, the body solid dip and pull up machine.

Right now I'm looking for the treadmill I want.  Costco had the Incline training which is a shorter treadmill that has a super incline, but I didn't have a grand to spend right now.

Hopefully someone will sell it soon on craigslist.

Motivation is awesome, because I don't have to wait at a gym or deal with shadow boxing douches all day.  I can super set and giant set easily, crank the tunes I want and workout when I want.
I especially love it in the winter when It's chillier in my garage and I need to wear thick sweats and workout old school.

Dorian Yates used a Smith Machine for Squats...don't think he's a pussy.  In any event, having a combination of both Smith and Freeweight Racks is beneficial.  The user can decide what he feels like doing that day
A

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2009, 08:03:50 AM »
Damn.....looking jacked.   :o

WTF!  You're whole body is read as a beet.  Don't tell me it's a tan.  You like like a giant sperm.

WingedLion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2009, 08:05:17 AM »
WTF!  You're whole body is read as a beet.  Don't tell me it's a tan.  You like like a giant sperm.
exactly

he is sporting that purple erect cock shade skin

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2009, 08:31:02 AM »
Yate was on a ton of shit, that being said, almost anything works. But back to the original post of him wanting something functional. 98% are useless when it comes to function. Most machines are designed for single joint and isolation, there is no room for traditional machines for someone who wants function. Ever seen a University facility with a lot of machines? No...you won't see a leg extension, leg curl, smith machine, etc, etc.

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2009, 08:37:39 AM »
I bet you're really proud of yourself purple cock skinned red beat face

uuupppp....I dun pissed off daneilson's fake account

go fill up you cup you twink - you must address me as 'daddy fat sacks' until you get over 200lbs

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2009, 08:40:58 AM »
Great physique but you might wanna lay of the oblique training.

Also you look seriously constipated. Get some more fibre in your diet.

It will help with your skin tone

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2009, 08:42:39 AM »

Brutal High Blood Pressure, dead by 40. Your nipples look to be lactating also.

WingedLion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2009, 08:44:36 AM »
uuupppp....I dun pissed off daneilson's fake account

go fill up you cup you twink - you must address me as 'daddy fat sacks' until you get over 200lbs

I'm well over 200 and would make you look like a bitch strength wise  ;)

stop being angry for looking like a purple erect cock hahahahahahaha

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2009, 08:46:18 AM »
I'm well over 200 and would make you look like a bitch strength wise  ;)

stop being angry for looking like a purple erect cock hahahahahahaha

sure sure

plenty of pics of your fatass to prove me wrong to  ::) ::)

who the fck talks about 'strength wise' except an insecure 'powerlifter' = fatass compensating for being a lard ass so he;s 'strong' and all you 'joosers' are losers ::) - you gonna out bench me fat ass??  bowflex goes to 400max right??

with a fat gut to go along with it........and you compete....oh wait your prob too much of a badass to step on stage

go back to your colt mag cause you sure do like skin tone and cocks

WingedLion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2009, 08:49:10 AM »
sure sure

plenty of pics of your fatass to prove me wrong to  ::) ::)

with a fat gut to go along with it........and you compete....oh wait your prob too much of a badass to step on stage

go back to your colt mag cause you sure do like skin tone and cocks
no fat gu here "buddy"

deal with the fact that you use roids to "be somthing" in life and even that's a fail

spike

the only thing spiked is your drink at your g4p gatherings ... and that's why you wake up sore ass after a night of ghb/sperm filled night

be gone

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2009, 08:51:20 AM »
no fat gu here "buddy"

deal with the fact that you use roids to "be somthing" in life and even that's a fail

spike

the only thing spiked is your drink at your g4p gatherings ... and that's why you wake up sore ass after a night of ghb/sperm filled night

be gone

pics or it didnt happen

post some pics of your fatass b4 you go runnin you mouth tubbo

here you go brah - something to aspire to

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2009, 08:51:36 AM »
Good to see people staying on task and sticking with the subject. Dudes honest about his gear use and gets bashed for it as if this were some kind of a bodybuilding site for naturals. Refreshing to see honesty instead of people bullshitting about not being on something at one time or another.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2009, 09:00:56 AM »
oh brother

Haha watch out WingedLion!  Spike is clearly not a man you want to mess with!

Original poster, that looks like a fine device but does it really take up less floor space than a cage?  I've never had a home gym but if I did I'd definitely start with a cage, you can squat/bench/DL/row, what else do you need really  8)

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2009, 09:08:59 AM »
What do you guy think? big tho.

http://www.newyorkbarbells.com/2000.html
A