Author Topic: The Florida Eye -Gouger  (Read 5706 times)

lax

• Getbig IV
The Florida Eye -Gouger
« on: November 03, 2009, 05:57:14 AM »
Brandon Spikes
only got half-game suspension

But coach says 'that's not him'

If that ain't him, then who the fuck is it?

Animal

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Re: The Florida Eye -Gouger
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 05:57:49 AM »
Brandon Spikes

Animal

haha, lax you watching Mike and Mike, too?

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 05:58:48 AM »
haha, lax you watching Mike and Mike, too?

nah
saw it on Yahoo

what are M& M saying about it?

hope they think it is BS too

A2daMIR

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 06:01:42 AM »
Brandon Spikes

Animal
30 min suspension is bullshit.. and against who? Vanderbelt? wtf.. they can win that game even without tebow

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 06:01:47 AM »
nah
saw it on Yahoo

what are M& M saying about it?

hope they think it is BS too

Yeah, they are trashing the 1/2 game suspension.  He called out Meyer for acting like he takes it seriously, yet not really doing anything about it.  He should have been gone for at least 1 or 2 games. 
That guy on Oregon punched out that guy after getting taunted and look what happened to him.

JimmyJam1974

• Getbig V
  • "No sir, the ball ain't heavy." - Herschel Walker
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2009, 06:02:21 AM »
as a UGA fan, I wish he'd get kicked off the team. But it is football and that shit happens. He just got caught.
U

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 06:04:03 AM »
as a UGA fan, I wish he'd get kicked off the team. But it is football and that shit happens. He just got caught.

There is a lot of truth in that.  Most fans who have never played would be shocked at what goes on......players pissng in their uniforms on the sidelines, spitting, pinching, crushing nuts, etc....

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2009, 06:20:11 AM »
Yeah, they are trashing the 1/2 game suspension.  He called out Meyer for acting like he takes it seriously, yet not really doing anything about it.  He should have been gone for at least 1 or 2 games. 
That guy on Oregon punched out that guy after getting taunted and look what happened to him.

M&M are usually pretty stand-up and don't kowtow to the rah-rahs.

Lagerette(sp) is being reinstated today or next game...at least he missed most of season...But Oregon is now in Nat title picture so I guess they see the need for him

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2009, 06:21:19 AM »
There is a lot of truth in that.  Most fans who have never played would be shocked at what goes on......players pissng in their uniforms on the sidelines, spitting, pinching, crushing nuts, etc....

true

Boomer Esiason was recently talking about what happens in the 'pile'...gouging, scratching, punching and more

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2009, 06:21:52 AM »
football is a rough game

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2009, 06:31:47 AM »
anyone know if the player actually got injured/ got his eyesight compromised?

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2009, 06:56:49 AM »
Dick Butkis is laughing at this.

JimmyJam1974

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2009, 07:09:49 AM »
Wayshaun Ealey - he is ok. A freshman he is.
U

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2009, 07:16:47 AM »
Dick Butkis is laughing at this.

conrad dobler laughing even harder

body88

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2009, 07:17:46 AM »
There is a lot of truth in that.  Most fans who have never played would be shocked at what goes on......players pissng in their uniforms on the sidelines, spitting, pinching, crushing nuts, etc....

I played the game at a d3 level over the first half of my college career, and I can tell you that eye gouging is not part of what goes on in the pile.  Not in the way Spikes did it, anyway.  The kid tried to inflict serious damage on the kid from Georgia.  Thats not the same as whacking someone in the balls or dropping an elbow into someones chest. I'm a Spikes fan and I would love for him to drop in the draft because of this, so the Pats have a chance to get him, but Meyer really fucked up on this.  Half a game?  He should have gotten two or three games.

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2009, 07:18:50 AM »
I played the game at a d3 level over the first half of my college career, and I can tell you that eye gouging is not part of what goes on in the pile.  Not in the way Spikes did it, anyway.  I'm a Spikes fan and I would love for him to drop in the draft because of this, so the Pats have a chance to get him, but Meyer really fucked up on this.  Half a game?  He should have gotten two games.

wonder if Meyer will backtrack and give him a harsher penalty?

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2009, 07:20:12 AM »
fuck that suspension, give him the game ball.  bunch of pussies, it's football for shit sake

body88

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2009, 07:21:22 AM »
wonder if Meyer will backtrack and give him a harsher penalty?

Doubtful.   Perhaps there is some punishment going on behind the scenes.  What Spikes did is not the same as hitting someone in the balls or throwing an elbow.  He reached into another players mask and tried to gouge his eyes for 10-15 seconds.  Thats horrible.  Meyer should be ashamed of himself.  Half a game?  What a joke.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2009, 07:22:42 AM »
I played the game at a d3 level over the first half of my college career, and I can tell you that eye gouging is not part of what goes on in the pile.  Not in the way Spikes did it, anyway.  The kid tried to inflict serious damage on the kid from Georgia.  Thats not the same as whacking someone in the balls or dropping an elbow into someones chest. I'm a Spikes fan and I would love for him to drop in the draft because of this, so the Pats have a chance to get him, but Meyer really fucked up on this.  Half a game?  He should have gotten two or three games.

Haha,you bastard I want him on the Giants!! ;D

body88

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2009, 07:23:04 AM »
fuck that suspension, give him the game ball.  bunch of pussies, it's football for shit sake

Clearly you've never played.  Doing things that can end guys careers is looked down upon.  That includes: Diving at knees, gouging out eyeballs and trying to paralyze people.  Yes, football is a rough game, but there is a code of conduct among 99% of players.

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2009, 07:23:45 AM »
Clearly you've never played.  Doing things that can end guys careers is looked down upon.  That includes: Diving at knees, gouging out eyeballs and trying to paralyze people.  Yes, football is a rough game, but there is a code of conduct among 99% of players.

lol...really?

body88

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2009, 07:25:10 AM »
lol...really?

Yes, because anyone who claims that trying to gouge out other guys eyeballs is part of the game is full of shit.  if you did play the game, I doubt you'd want Brandon Spikes gouging out your fucking eye while you lay at the bottom of a pile of linemen  ::)  You know, since you'd never be able to play again, because you have one freaking eye.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2009, 07:26:36 AM »

Oh, I agree, he went over the line, but the main thing is that it was clearly on display for everybody to see.  If it was alleged, nobody would be paying any attention to it, but because it was so visible you really have to do something about it.  1/2 game is a joke.

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2009, 07:27:34 AM »
Yes, because anyone who claims that trying to gouge out other guys eyeballs is part of the game is full of shit.  if you did play the game, I doubt you'd want Brandon Spikes gouging out your fucking eye while you lay at the bottom of a pile of linemen  ::)  You know, since you'd never be able to play again, because you have one freaking eye.

lmao...seems you really know me.  what else can you tell me?  dimwit

JimmyJam1974

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2009, 10:09:46 AM »
Typical Gaytor
U