Author Topic: YANKEES WIN!! THEEEEE YANKEEEES WINNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 15947 times)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
Re: YANKEES WIN!! THEEEEE YANKEEEES WINNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #75 on: November 05, 2009, 04:15:25 PM »
When was the last one they "bought"?   Don't all teams pay their players?

good point, the titles they won in the 90's were mostly home grown players

they tried this entire decade to buy one, they finally got it

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #76 on: November 05, 2009, 04:18:40 PM »
Yes!  All the Yankee fans lives will be exactly the same today.
Joe the plumber, will be Joe the plumber.
Arod will be counting his bonus check and working on his next contract.

It always amazes me how the media plays this out, and the sheep just buy right into the money machine....pro sports. ;)
You think pro athletes really give a shit about these fans...haha, it's joke.  There's no such thing as "team" for the past few decades.  Trades happen all the time.  Biggest bankroll usually wins.

The 3rd grade called, they want their Yankee fans back...haha

learn to enjoy the little things in life "croatch"

makes life more enjoyable

and didn't you stand in line outside of best buy the day the xbox 360 was released :D

E
E

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #77 on: November 05, 2009, 04:28:53 PM »
Im not a Yankees fan in the least--- But I despise all things Philadelphia and I love John Sterling

A THRILLAAAAA FROM GODZILLLLLAAAAAAAAA

OHHH BERNIE GOES BOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!

His calls are fucking priceless.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #78 on: November 06, 2009, 12:27:05 AM »
again you named teams that are consistently competitive

what did you think when only the yankess and red sox were trying to sign that japanese pitcher dice k (sp?) because they were the only ones that could give him an enormous contract

imagine the cowboys and giants being the only teams that could sign sam bradford or whatever top nfl prospect next season ::)

E

OK, how about this, a few years back the Diamondbacks, a team with one of the smallest payroll in baseball beat the Yankees, the team with the biggest payroll in the world series.

Teams this year, Minnesota, Colorado and St. Louis, both who were in the playoffs and both had two payrolls very far down the ladder.

6 other teams had higher payrolls than Philadelphia.

I'm not saying the team payrolls are meaningless...I'm saying they are simply not the whole story. If that were the case the Yankees would win every single year but it's been nearly ten years since they have.

bigkubby

• Getbig IV
« Reply #79 on: November 06, 2009, 05:01:50 AM »
the beef yankers didnt beat the angels the angels lost it. it could have gone either way but we just had too many errors that cost us a couple games but truely they had a bought team this year it clearly shows with hideki matsui  ::) im not saying money always wins but i am saying that they had a huge advantage on there players and theyre batting averages as they had alot of players that you really cant pitch too as well as arod who is a riod user  ::)
i

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #80 on: November 06, 2009, 05:13:17 AM »
The Yankees and Redsox extreme payrolls haven't guaranteed them a world series.....but For the most part it does guarantee them a spot in the playoffs......and thats with them being in the same division...Imagine how bad it would be if they werent....
DAWG

octobermajik

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #81 on: November 06, 2009, 05:41:53 AM »
You know, you just can't win being a Yankee fan. Last year everyone got on the "your team sucks, you spent X dollars on payroll and couldn't even make the playoffs" bandwagon. This year, it's back to "buying a championship". Make up your minds, you can't have it both ways.

And for all those fans of the other "small market" teams out there, quit with the sour grapes, and tell your owners to invest some of that money they take home every year, instead of running their franchise like a business.

I'm a Yankee fan living in Philly. With all the money the Phillies raked in from being the champs last year in merchandise and everything else, plus filling the ballpark all year this year; Phillies fans have to sit there and listen to their GM, Amaro, tell the press that "they don't think they can afford Halliday's contract" before the trade deadline last year.       

C'mon

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #82 on: November 06, 2009, 05:44:05 AM »
You know, you just can't win being a Yankee fan. Last year everyone got on the "your team sucks, you spent X dollars on payroll and couldn't even make the playoffs" bandwagon. This year, it's back to "buying a championship". Make up your minds, you can't have it both ways.

When the difference between last season and this one goes beyond 400 millions dollars  you can only wonder bro'.

octobermajik

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #83 on: November 06, 2009, 05:59:28 AM »
You do realize they CUT their payroll from last year to this year, right man?

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #84 on: November 06, 2009, 06:52:51 AM »
good point, the titles they won in the 90's were mostly home grown players

they tried this entire decade to buy one, they finally got it

E

Over 40% of their 25 man roster was from the farm system this year.

Jeter/Rivera/Pettitte/Posada/Roberston/Cabrerra/Hughes/Chamberlain/Garnder/Cano.

You're stating common misconceptions that aren't factual.  The Dynasty teams of the 90s were loaded with free agents and those acquired by trade, as well as home grown talent.

It doesn't matter where they come from, as long as they're good.  Home grown superstar talent just gives the teams more flexibility during the years they control the player.
Y

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #85 on: November 06, 2009, 06:55:23 AM »
The Yankees and Redsox extreme payrolls haven't guaranteed them a world series.....but For the most part it does guarantee them a spot in the playoffs......

This is about it, although I would say it gives them the best CHANCE at the playoffs.  After that, there's too many variables that can happen in a short series to guarantee anything.
Y

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #86 on: November 06, 2009, 07:14:29 AM »
there should be a cap in baseball anyone that thinks otherwise is being naive...there should also be a minimum a team must spend.....
DAWG

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #87 on: November 06, 2009, 07:54:49 AM »
there should be a cap in baseball anyone that thinks otherwise is being naive...there should also be a minimum a team must spend.....

Would MLB as a whole benefit from a cap?
Y

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #88 on: November 06, 2009, 08:01:08 AM »
Buncha crybaby sore losers in this thread!

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #89 on: November 06, 2009, 08:04:02 AM »
Buncha crybaby sore losers in this thread!

Yup. Can't help but cry about the fact that the Yanks are back. BOOYA!

27 27 27 27 27 27 27 27 27 27 27

body88

« Reply #90 on: November 06, 2009, 09:27:52 AM »
The Yankees and Redsox extreme payrolls haven't guaranteed them a world series.....but For the most part it does guarantee them a spot in the playoffs......and thats with them being in the same division...Imagine how bad it would be if they werent....

I have no problem with the Yankees spending, but calling the Sox payroll massive is a stretch.  The sox payroll is a lot lower than the Yankees.

New York Yankees $201,449,189
New York Mets $149,373,987
Chicago Cubs $134,809,000
Boston Red Sox $121,745,999
Detroit Tigers $115,085,145
Los Angeles Angels $113,709,00
Philadelphia Phillies $113,004,046
Houston Astros $102,996,414
Los Angeles Dodgers $100,414,592
Seattle Mariners $98,904,166
Atlanta Braves $96,726,166
Chicago White Sox $96,068,500
San Francisco Giants $82,616,450
Cleveland Indians $81,579,166
Toronto Blue Jays $80,538,300

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #91 on: November 06, 2009, 09:47:00 AM »
I have no problem with the Yankees spending, but calling the Sox payroll massive is a stretch.  The sox payroll is a lot lower than the Yankees.

But they do have the means to increase it.  If I were a sox fan, I'd be pissed if they penny pinch this offseason.

Also, I'd pissed if the Yankees spent less.  If the Yankees dropped their payroll to 150M (which they could do and still be the highest), all that would mean are the owners are getting richer.

Y

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #92 on: November 06, 2009, 10:35:38 AM »
OK, how about this, a few years back the Diamondbacks, a team with one of the smallest payroll in baseball beat the Yankees, the team with the biggest payroll in the world series.

Teams this year, Minnesota, Colorado and St. Louis, both who were in the playoffs and both had two payrolls very far down the ladder.

6 other teams had higher payrolls than Philadelphia.

I'm not saying the team payrolls are meaningless...I'm saying they are simply not the whole story. If that were the case the Yankees would win every single year but it's been nearly ten years since they have.

they did not have the smallest payroll in baseball, not even close

using steroids doesn't gaurantee you'll hit home runs, but it makes the chances of a home run greater right?

the yankees are a contender every year because they spend money, that gives them a significant and unfair advantage

if they don't give $423 million to cc sabathia, aj burnett, and mark texiera would they have won?   a rod alone makes more than entire teams combined

how is that "fair" in baseball but not fair in other sports?

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #93 on: November 06, 2009, 10:40:41 AM »
Over 40% of their 25 man roster was from the farm system this year.

Jeter/Rivera/Pettitte/Posada/Roberston/Cabrerra/Hughes/Chamberlain/Garnder/Cano.

You're stating common misconceptions that aren't factual.  The Dynasty teams of the 90s were loaded with free agents and those acquired by trade, as well as home grown talent.

It doesn't matter where they come from, as long as they're good.  Home grown superstar talent just gives the teams more flexibility during the years they control the player.

do they win this year without arod, matsui, burnett, sabathia, damon, texiera?????

most teams can't afford one of thouse guys let alone all of them ::)

E
E

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #94 on: November 06, 2009, 10:54:29 AM »
do they win this year without arod, matsui, burnett, sabathia, damon, texiera?????

most teams can't afford one of thouse guys let alone all of them ::)

E

I would think any team that subtracted their best players wouldn't win.  Why does that only pertain to NY?
Y

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #95 on: November 06, 2009, 10:57:10 AM »
I would think any team that subtracted their best players wouldn't win.  Why does that only pertain to NY?

because they're the only ones that could dish out more than a half billion dollars for them

E
E

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #96 on: November 06, 2009, 11:24:27 AM »
because they're the only ones that could dish out more than a half billion dollars for them

E

So you think the Yankees owners should pocket all the money, get rich, so that the Kansas City Royals can have a shot?

The Yankees and the other big market teams basically fund MLB, through revenue sharing licensing agreements, luxury tax, and road attendance.
Y

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #97 on: November 06, 2009, 12:24:01 PM »
So you think the Yankees owners should pocket all the money, get rich, so that the Kansas City Royals can have a shot?

The Yankees and the other big market teams basically fund MLB, through revenue sharing licensing agreements, luxury tax, and road attendance.

there should be a salary cap

works for other sports

E
E

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #98 on: November 06, 2009, 12:28:32 PM »
there should be a salary cap

works for other sports

E

I don't think it would benefit baseball as a whole. 

Baseball's not hurting, and there's only been two repeat  champions this decade.   Same as football.
Y

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #99 on: November 06, 2009, 12:31:32 PM »
I don't think it would benefit baseball as a whole. 

Baseball's not hurting, and there's only been two repeat  champions this decade.   Same as football.

of course you don't think so, you're a yankee fan

worked for every other sport, somehow baseball is the exception it would never work ::)

E
E