Author Topic: Hey 333 what happened in the NY-23 race???  (Read 1546 times)

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
Hey 333 what happened in the NY-23 race???
« on: November 05, 2009, 09:28:44 AM »
I thought Palin had such a great pull on Facebook that she was going to get him victory?

Democrat Bill Owens may have won last night's special election in New York's 23rd congressional district - but Sarah Palin said Wednesday that race "is not over."

Writing on Facebook early Wednesday morning, the former Alaska governor praised Conservative Party candidate Doug Hoffman and "all the other under-dog candidates who have the courage to put themselves out there and run against the odds."

"The race for New York's 23rd District is not over, just postponed until 2010," Palin wrote. "The issues of this election have always centered on the economy – on the need for fiscal restraint, smaller government, and policies that encourage jobs. In 2010, these issues will be even more crucial to the electorate."

So let me get this right.  The sure thing is now an 'underdog' and when you lose it's not a loss just a postponement? So i guess German just postponed WW2 and they are waiting to strike.
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Hey 333 what happened in the NY-23 race???
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 09:31:06 AM »
I thought Palin had such a great pull on Facebook that she was going to get him victory?

Democrat Bill Owens may have won last night's special election in New York's 23rd congressional district - but Sarah Palin said Wednesday that race "is not over."

Writing on Facebook early Wednesday morning, the former Alaska governor praised Conservative Party candidate Doug Hoffman and "all the other under-dog candidates who have the courage to put themselves out there and run against the odds."

"The race for New York's 23rd District is not over, just postponed until 2010," Palin wrote. "The issues of this election have always centered on the economy – on the need for fiscal restraint, smaller government, and policies that encourage jobs. In 2010, these issues will be even more crucial to the electorate."

So let me get this right.  The sure thing is now an 'underdog' and when you lose it's not a loss just a postponement? So i guess German just postponed WW2 and they are waiting to strike.

The conservative newcomber with little or no funding 30 days before the election got 46% and scozzafave got 6%/. 

The RAT got 49%.  You call that a victory?  If Hoffman were campaiging for a year and had the RNC money he would have won huge.

In my county of Westchester and Nassau in LI, both huge blue areas, the Dems were all thrown out on their asses. 

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 09:33:12 AM »
I'm sorry but didn't you post here Palin was going to get him to victory?  That it was proof of Palin's influence?  That was you right posting under your account?

Now you want to wipe away the tears and pretend a loss is a win?  I guess quitting is winning too in your twisted world.
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2009, 09:35:19 AM »
I'm sorry but didn't you post here Palin was going to get him to victory?  That it was proof of Palin's influence?  That was you right posting under your account?

Now you want to wipe away the tears and pretend a loss is a win?  I guess quitting is winning too in your twisted world.

Wait till next year fool.  Hoffman is not even a politicians has never even run before and is a boring candidate. 

In liberal Westchester & liberal Nassau county, VA, NJ, the voters voted out the corrupt failed dems. 

2010 is going to be a bloodbath and the GOP will take back the house. 

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2009, 09:38:39 AM »
Wait till next year fool.  Hoffman is not even a politicians has never even run before and is a boring candidate. 

In liberal Westchester & liberal Nassau county, VA, NJ, the voters voted out the corrupt failed dems. 

2010 is going to be a bloodbath and the GOP will take back the house. 

Wait till next year now? What happened to Palin's pull though? Wasn't she gonna 'go rouge' or something and win him this election?

Wasn't this suppose to be the first step? More like first miss-step.

Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2009, 09:40:48 AM »
Wait till next year now? What happened to Palin's pull though? Wasn't she gonna 'go rouge' or something and win him this election?

Wasn't this suppose to be the first step? More like first miss-step.

Did you know what happened in NJ and VA? 

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2009, 09:44:26 AM »
Did you know what happened in NJ and VA? 

But wasn't NY-23 the race Palin was involved in? You did post on that right? As to her public prowess and that she was gonna help this guy win.  It didn't work out though.  How come? Isn't she really popular? Don't lots of people read her facebook?
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2009, 09:45:58 AM »
But wasn't NY-23 the race Palin was involved in? You did post on that right? As to her public prowess and that she was gonna help this guy win.  It didn't work out though.  How come? Isn't she really popular? Don't lots of people read her facebook?

And wasnt the races in NJ & VA - Obama heavily involved in? 

He went to NJ five times! 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2009, 09:51:48 AM »

Im sorry but didnt you say that the govt not funding abortions was circumventing the law?  ;)

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2009, 09:58:56 AM »
Im sorry but didnt you say that the govt not funding abortions was circumventing the law?  ;)

Not at all, nice try though.  I said it is a push towards circumventing the law when you fund health care without abortion but not with.  That is a not so subtle nudge and attempt to. 
Abandon every hope...

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2009, 09:59:49 AM »
And wasnt the races in NJ & VA - Obama heavily involved in? 

He went to NJ five times! 

But this is about Palin not Obama.  You claimed she would influence this race into a GOP victory.  It didn't happen and you try to mask it with what happened else where. 
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2009, 10:01:39 AM »
But this is about Palin not Obama.  You claimed she would influence this race into a GOP victory.  It didn't happen and you try to mask it with what happened else where. 

The anti-dem vote was 51%.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2009, 10:03:12 AM »
Not at all, nice try though.  I said it is a push towards circumventing the law when you fund health care without abortion but not with.  That is a not so subtle nudge and attempt to. 
Roe vs. Wade said nothing about govt funded abortion...THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE

if they said they wanted to outlaw abortion it would be another thing they arent preventing anybody from getting an abortion.

again plastic surgery is elective should we cover that in the health care bill?

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2009, 10:16:35 AM »
The anti-dem vote was 51%.

But did he win? I mean that is the measure of success is it not? To the victor go the spoils.
Abandon every hope...

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2009, 10:18:44 AM »
Roe vs. Wade said nothing about govt funded abortion...THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE

if they said they wanted to outlaw abortion it would be another thing they arent preventing anybody from getting an abortion.

again plastic surgery is elective should we cover that in the health care bill?

Most plastic surgery is actually covered you are thinking of cosmetic surgery. 

Like i said and i stand by.  It's a push, nudge, whatever you want to call it towards making abortion harder for people.  It's a step in the direction they wish to take as a party.
Abandon every hope...

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2009, 10:22:41 AM »

Are you joking?Lets see,the guy was not even in the running a month out from the election.Palin endorsed him and what happened?The republican got out of the race and the pary got behind the person Palin,not Gingrich,not Boehnoir[spelling]not the establishment wanted,but who SHE wanted.

Now,on the ballot,Scuzzafano was on there twice as the republican AND and as the independant.The democrat was on the ballot twice as the democrat and the workers party candidate.Hoffman appeared on the ballot once on the conservative line.

Second,Scuzzafano was liberal.When she dropped out and endorsed the democrat where do you think her supporters went?

So,lets see,Palin endorsed an unknown,with no money,no support,no name recognition,in so doing ,she forced a "republican" out of the race and out of the party.The unkown who she supported almost won the race,despite being on the ballot only once against "4 others".Id say she proved herself to be a powerplayer yet again.Now,the guy in New Jersey ,who was established,and Obama campaigned for got beat soundly!Where was his pull?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2009, 10:31:56 AM »
Most plastic surgery is actually covered you are thinking of cosmetic surgery. 

Like i said and i stand by.  It's a push, nudge, whatever you want to call it towards making abortion harder for people.  It's a step in the direction they wish to take as a party.
It wouldnt make it any harder than it is now, you dumb ass

how is it making any harder than it is now? its not so its not a push or nudge if anything by that logic your idiotic lib buddies are trying to make it easier and reps are saying it shouldnt be made easier...

ok call it cosmetic surgery you know what i meant should the health care bill cover that as well? after all its legal and now allowing it would circumvent the law  ::)

LOL KC if you just want to say you spoke before you thought it through and leave it at that i would be ok with it

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2009, 11:00:23 AM »
Oh... the NY-23 race?   Not important.  Let's talk about something else.  Never mind the only Congress seat that the GOP could grab went to a Dem.  That is a win for the Repubs.  How?  Um... I don't know, but hey what about VA and NJ?  You heard about that yet?  Let's talk about that instead of the NY-23 race.

Please? 

*insert random picture*

(there you have it.... 333 generic answer condensed)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2009, 11:03:51 AM »
Oh... the NY-23 race?   Not important.  Let's talk about something else.  Never mind the only Congress seat that the GOP could grab went to a Dem.  That is a win for the Repubs.  How?  Um... I don't know, but hey what about VA and NJ?  You heard about that yet?  Let's talk about that instead of the NY-23 race.

Please? 

*insert random picture*

HERE ARE A FEW THAT FIT YOU PERFECTLY: 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2009, 11:04:58 AM »
It would be nice if you at least had some new ones.

Instead of something that has been posted a gazillion times before.  But oh well....  you have to work with what you got I suppose.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2009, 11:08:24 AM »
How about this?

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2009, 11:15:48 AM »

Please? 

*insert random picture*

It was important,but it wasnt as cut and dry as the libs make it out.I see the "Palin and Rush lost" libs out there,either not understanding or purposely spinning it.The consevative lost,but in the process we drove a fake republican out of the party.So,it certainly wasnt a win,but it did have a small silver linning to it.The grass roots spoke and put down the establishments candidate.

Now,Id say an election that had a few thousand people voting wasnt as much of a statement as two elections that had about 7,000,000 voting in it.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2009, 11:26:17 AM »
It was important,but it wasnt as cut and dry as the libs make it out.I see the "Palin and Rush lost" libs out there,either not understanding or purposely spinning it.The consevative lost,but in the process we drove a fake republican out of the party.So,it certainly wasnt a win,but it did have a small silver linning to it.The grass roots spoke and put down the establishments candidate.

Now,Id say an election that had a few thousand people voting wasnt as much of a statement as two elections that had about 7,000,000 voting in it.

These libs are amazing:

Palin endorses the guy on a facebook posting, never visits the location, never goes on TV etc for this guy, and they are hanging this on her, and the dem did not even get 50%.

HOWEVER

Obama goes to VA & NJ multiple times, appears with these people, GETS TROUNCED AND DESTROYED, and yet Lurker and Mons dont hang that on him. 

HOW DOES THAT WORK?   

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2009, 11:32:53 AM »
Perhaps Palin shouldn't have endorsed him.

Looks like you and her have something in common.  Your predictions never pan out.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2009, 11:41:02 AM »
Perhaps Palin shouldn't have endorsed him.

Looks like you and her have something in common.  Your predictions never pan out.

Like what Lurker? 

1.  Stimulus - FAIL
2.  C4C - FAIL
3.  VA & NJ - GOP WIN
4.  CAP & TRADE - DOA