Author Topic: Is 6:12am on a Saturday too early  (Read 2123 times)

Butterbean

• Getbig V
Is 6:12am on a Saturday too early
« on: November 07, 2009, 08:01:46 AM »
for your new neighbor to be working on his addition...hammering hammering hammering??  ::)
R

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
Re: Is 6:12am on a Saturday too early
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2009, 08:06:54 AM »
for your new neighbor to be working on his addition...hammering hammering hammering??  ::)

yes....

BURN DOWN THE FUCKERS HOUSE  >:(

i also hate it when people start doing yard work with weedwackers and lawnmovers at that time >:(
carpe` vaginum!

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2009, 08:13:26 AM »
check your with your home owners association Stella most HOA's have a clause that states construction and yard work etc. cant start before a certain time generally 7 a.m.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2009, 08:34:26 AM »
check your with your home owners association Stella most HOA's have a clause that states construction and yard work etc. cant start before a certain time generally 7 a.m.

And we're across the street!  I feel sorry for the people that live right next door to him.

I know they are probably just hurrying to finish.  I did make some cookies for all the construction people the day before yesterday but then dropped them on the floor so we are eating them instead.  Maybe I should have given them to them anyway >:( 
R

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2009, 09:20:15 AM »
And we're across the street!  I feel sorry for the people that live right next door to him.

I know they are probably just hurrying to finish.  I did make some cookies for all the construction people the day before yesterday but then dropped them on the floor so we are eating them instead.  Maybe I should have given them to them anyway >:( 
LOL man I never got to work next to ppl like you when I was doing construction  :'( and we would even give out extra sod when we had it left over or go sod neighbors dead spots for free  :-\ bahhh humbug  ;D

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2009, 11:15:21 AM »
i live 4 miles from my nearest neighbor..........i dont have this problem ;D

bench

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2009, 12:41:45 PM »

Your community should have a sound ordinance, but I'm not sure who would enforce it  ??? police

We had a guy last year who would start cutting his lawn shortly before dark and then be out there at 10:30-11:00 at night  ::) sound seems to travel louder at night.  Someone must've compained cuz he didn't do it this year.  No motors after 10pm
:

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2009, 02:15:19 PM »
Your community should have a sound ordinance, but I'm not sure who would enforce it  ??? police

We had a guy last year who would start cutting his lawn shortly before dark and then be out there at 10:30-11:00 at night  ::) sound seems to travel louder at night.  Someone must've compained cuz he didn't do it this year.  No motors after 10pm

no, we dont get involved in civil issues  ;)

bench

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2009, 02:40:22 PM »
>:( fuck that....ld go and grab my hammer and throw it at his head, 6 o clock in the morning, pfff you gotta be kidding me, fuckin rude.

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2009, 03:37:25 PM »
yup talk to hoa if none then local code enforcement

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2009, 11:41:55 PM »

Yep, at least you don't work the mid-night shift and have people in the apt above you act like the movie "Dark Water" (you know, with inconsistant loud bumps, and rolling sounds)

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2009, 12:12:36 AM »
Yep, at least you don't work the mid-night shift and have people in the apt above you act like the movie "Dark Water" (you know, with inconsistant loud bumps, and rolling sounds)

ahhh yes the old apartment life.   When I think about all the shit I have to do around the house I am quick to remember the apartment blues.  The only cool thing was I could here people having sex all over the damn place.  My girlfriend at the time got tired of me always waking her up so I could bust a nut.

Wish I had a sexy neighbor to bring me cookies.  On second thought maybe not.  It would be cheaper in the long run if I bought my own.  ;D

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2009, 04:04:37 AM »
yes....

BURN DOWN THE FUCKERS HOUSE  >:(

i also hate it when people start doing yard work with weedwackers and lawnmovers at that time >:(

I used to feel that way about my old neighbour.

Every Saturday morning at 6am, in the spring & summer months, he was out there with the lawnmower.
In the winter, after every snowfall, he was out there with his wife, his mother-in-law, and his 3 kids shovelling the driveway? Do you have any idea what 6 shovels scraping against pavement sounds like at 6am in the morning? I came to hate that man, ...that is, ...until he moved, and rented out the house to a minister with two of the biggest juvenile delinquents you'd pray never to meet. They were a nightmare... a scourge on the neighbourhood. They lived there rent-free, while burglurizing the neighbourhood, battering pizza delivery men, selling drugs openly in the street. Even had someone empty an entire gun clip into their house at 2 in the morning. It was close to 3 years before he was able to get them out, and find decent tenants.

I never knew how good I had it when all I had to complain about was lawnmowers & shovels at 6am.

Now my new neighbour fires up a big ole noisy diesel truck at 5 am in the morning, ...and I absolutely love it. I can even sleep right through it. They are decent, honest, hard working, law abiding folks. Great neighbours in fact, ...and they have the cutest little puppy.  :)
w

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2009, 04:40:50 AM »
Absolutely. Maybe when he's done you should start up a chainsaw at midnight just for him.  ;D

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2009, 07:40:03 AM »

Every place I've ever lived abides by the "unwritten" rule of 10am to 10pm rule.

If you are doing lawn work where you have to cut through a neighbors yard (as the people used to have to do in my yard for my neighbor) you don't do so at 6am with the motors running and leaf blower running. That was solved by a nice padlock on the fence till the neighbor asked me why I had done that, and when I explained and he had to talk to his gardeners, then the issue was resolved.

But most towns usually go on a similar rule of either 10-10 or 8am-8pm, which I can live with, and feel it's fair. It's fair to us as tenants/residents, as well as the person doing the labor just trying to earn a check for a living. As someone who used to do a job extremely early in the morning, I used to always take the neighbors into account.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2009, 10:00:37 AM »
IMO its a common sense thing which the vast majority lacks. There is no reason whatsoever to start a lawnmower or start hammering something at 6:15am in the morning.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2009, 09:49:33 AM »

Do you have any idea what 6 shovels scraping against pavement sounds like at 6am in the morning?

i know what 2 sound like >:(...i can only imagine 6...

i'm at my girls house this snow though...the neighbors r like 1/2 a mile away ;D

except...her driveway is like 200yards >:(
carpe` vaginum!

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2009, 12:32:39 PM »
Shall I get Tony to help with this Stella?

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2009, 03:17:21 PM »
Shall I get Tony to help with this Stella?

Thanks Mr. N but I called him about it.  All is well now.
R

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2009, 03:20:14 PM »
Thanks Mr. N but I called him about it.  All is well now.
OK have a good holiday then

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2009, 03:24:31 PM »
OK have a good holiday then
Thanks...I may need you to contact Tony for other reasons in the future  :)

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays Mr. N :)  
R