Author Topic: Palin goes "rogue", bans cell phones, cameras, laptops from speech...  (Read 1802 times)

Mons Venus

Palin goes rogue, bans cell phones, cameras, laptops from speech

By Stephen C. Webster
Friday, November 6th, 2009 -- 4:15 pm

Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin is notoriously sensitive to media criticism. Even so, to many observers this move may seem drastic.

Hoping to keep a "low profile" on her upcoming trip to Wisconsin, the one-time GOP vice presidential candidate decided to ban all press from covering her speech. She further issued an edict against cell phones, cameras, laptops and recording devices of any kind, CNN noted.

During a radio interview, Wisconsin Democratic Party Chairman Mike Tate called the restrictions "bizarre," especially coming from a self-described "rogue."

A recent CNN poll found that were Palin to stage a run for the White House in 2012, just three in 10 Americans would seriously consider voting for her.

________________________ ________________________ ________________________

Main Entry: Rogue
Pronunciation: \ˈrōg\
Function: noun
Etymology: origin unknown
Date: 1561
1 : vagrant, tramp
2 : a dishonest or worthless person : scoundrel
3 : a mischievous person : scamp
4 : a horse inclined to shirk or misbehave
5 : an individual exhibiting a chance and usually inferior biological variation

— rogu·ish  \ˈrō-gish\ adjective

— rogu·ish·ly adverb

— rogu·ish·ness noun

Mons Venus

Re: Palin goes "rogue", bans cell phones, cameras, laptops from speech...
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2009, 02:37:28 PM »
"Rogue" describes Palin perfectly !!

Mons Venus

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2009, 04:36:42 PM »

By Stephen C. Webster

Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin is notoriously sensitive to media criticism. Even so, to many observers this move may seem drastic.

Hoping to keep a "low profile" on her upcoming trip to Wisconsin, the one-time GOP vice presidential candidate decided to ban all press from covering her speech. She further issued an edict against cell phones, cameras, laptops and recording devices of any kind, CNN noted.

During a radio interview, Wisconsin Democratic Party Chairman Mike Tate called the restrictions "bizarre," especially coming from a self-described "rogue."

A recent CNN poll found that were Palin to stage a run for the White House in 2012, just three in 10 Americans would seriously consider voting for her.

— rogu·ish·ly adverb

— rogu·ish·ness noun

Rogue Sarah.  ;)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2009, 05:12:06 PM »
every time she speaks, and the audience hears pretty much the same stump speech, her value goes down for future speeches.  She's not going to have anything all that new for each add'l speech, ya know?

And we can't forget the fact she tends to speak extemporaneously... off the top of her head like Obama with his uh's.... and her run-on sentences don't make her look all that bright.

So while I think it's a move to minimize her damage while getting paid, I understand she's not exactly a great speaker of our time - rather a one-trick pony for the far right pissed off ppl.  This is a good move for her.  She could use baby kittens for target practice and her base would talk about how great it his she's keeping the feline population down - they're not going to dislike her no matter what she does.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2009, 05:19:32 PM »
every time she speaks, and the audience hears pretty much the same stump speech, her value goes down for future speeches.  She's not going to have anything all that new for each add'l speech, ya know?

And we can't forget the fact she tends to speak extemporaneously... off the top of her head like Obama with his uh's.... and her run-on sentences don't make her look all that bright.

So while I think it's a move to minimize her damage while getting paid, I understand she's not exactly a great speaker of our time - rather a one-trick pony for the far right pissed off ppl.  This is a good move for her.  She could use baby kittens for target practice and her base would talk about how great it his she's keeping the feline population down - they're not going to dislike her no matter what she does.

Its all timing 240.  Obama won because of timing. 

If gas is $4.00 a gallon, UE stuck at 12.5 three years from now, even you will vote for Palin if she is the nominee.

The same thing happend where I live in Westchester County NY, the heart of Clinton/Obama/Soros/Gere/Stewart blue of the blue liberalism.  The pro-gun, pro-life, conservative won by 16 points because people are sick of the taxes and spending. 

240 - even Michael Baron and John Batchelor are making a big deal about Westchester going GOP.

We threw out all the RATS in massive margins.  PEOPLE ARE FED THE FUCK UP WITH LIBERALS.       

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2009, 05:49:00 PM »

If gas is $4.00 a gallon, UE stuck at 12.5 three years from now, even you will vote for Palin if she is the nominee.

The same thing happend where I live in Westchester County NY, the heart of Clinton/Obama/Soros/Gere/Stewart blue of the blue liberalism.  The pro-gun, pro-life, conservative won by 16 points because people are sick of the taxes and spending

240 - even Michael Baron and John Batchelor are making a big deal about Westchester going GOP.

We threw out all the RATS in massive margins.  PEOPLE ARE FED THE FUCK UP WITH LIBERALS.       

Hopefully the Republican won't drive the county to the brink of bankruptcy like they supposedly did last time they were in power (sounds familiar huh?)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2009, 05:54:53 PM »

Hopefully the Republican won't drive the county to the brink of bankruptcy like they supposedly did last time they were in power (sounds familiar huh?)

Straw - where I live is literally the highest taxed county in the nation.  Not 2nd or 3rd, the 1st! 

The voters were furious and booted all the dems out. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2009, 06:25:17 PM »
Straw - where I live is literally the highest taxed county in the nation.  Not 2nd or 3rd, the 1st! 

The voters were furious and booted all the dems out. 

that's fine

didn't the Repubs drive the county to the brink of bankruptcy the last time they were in control?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2009, 06:34:42 PM »
that's fine

didn't the Repubs drive the county to the brink of bankruptcy the last time they were in control?

No, the GOP has not been in control for over 12 years.   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2009, 06:59:30 PM »
No, the GOP has not been in control for over 12 years.   

My mistake - it was Nassua county that the GOP almost bankrupted 8 years ago

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2009, 07:32:50 PM »
My mistake - it was Nassua county that the GOP almost bankrupted 8 years ago

There is not much difference in the parties over here.  The school boards and police/fire unions are what kills the taxpayers here.  I know cops that make almost 200k a year and will retire at 40 with pensions of 100k for life! 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2009, 07:40:49 PM »
There is not much difference in the parties over here.  The school boards and police/fire unions are what kills the taxpayers here.  I know cops that make almost 200k a year and will retire at 40 with pensions of 100k for life! 

that's absurd

all defined benefit pensions are budget killers

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2009, 07:55:32 PM »
that's absurd

all defined benefit pensions are budget killers

Straw- 200k a year, and retired at 40 with 100k a year for life plus health! 

We had a sotry in the local paper about a couple of retired cops who are married get a pension of 257k a year for life.  They are 50 y/o

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2009, 08:10:01 PM »
Straw- 200k a year, and retired at 40 with 100k a year for life plus health! 

We had a sotry in the local paper about a couple of retired cops who are married get a pension of 257k a year for life.  They are 50 y/o

I wasn't saying I didn't believe you I was saying the pensions were absurd.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2009, 12:30:35 AM »
The same thing happend where I live in Westchester County NY, the heart of Clinton/Obama/Soros/Gere/Stewart blue of the blue liberalism.  The pro-gun, pro-life, conservative won by 16 points because people are sick of the taxes and spending. 
e threw out all the RATS in massive margins.  PEOPLE ARE FED THE FUCK UP WITH LIBERALS.       

Your points are all correct, but unrelated to what I wrote.

Palin's a 1-trick pony who is trying to 'hide' her speech to avoid snafus and making herself obsolete.  If one of these speeches gets on youtube, her value drops, cause let's face it - everyboey gets that same GOP cheerleader speech.  She's not going to deliver anything new at this point. 

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2009, 01:35:35 AM »
She's a dumb c u n t that's way out of her league and is trying to capitalize on it.  Bitch couldn't fulfill her duties as Alaska Governor but has time to write a book and rake in cash?  I can't believe the morons that voted for McCain because of her...I swear some of you imbeciles are fucking sheep.

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2009, 03:38:30 AM »
She's a dumb c u n t that's way out of her league and is trying to capitalize on it.  Bitch couldn't fulfill her duties as Alaska Governor but has time to write a book and rake in cash?  I can't believe the morons that voted for McCain because of her...I swear some of you imbeciles are fucking sheep.

Careful Wiggs you will be accused of being UnAmerican and labeled a terrorist with those comments.   ;D

Mons Venus

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2009, 03:56:49 AM »

She's a dumb c u n t that's way out of her league and is trying to capitalize on it.  Bitch couldn't fulfill her duties as Alaska Governor but has time to write a book and rake in cash?  I can't believe the morons that voted for McCain because of her...I swear some of you imbeciles are fucking sheep.

$arah the C U N T......is dumb as a stump.  ;D

Mons Venus

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2009, 07:18:53 AM »

$arah the Cu*t, deserves a GetBig *Bump*!

Mons Venus

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2009, 08:03:16 AM »

By Stephen C. Webster

— rogu·ish·ly adverb

— rogu·ish·ness noun

$arah palin = A self described Rogue !!!  ;D

Mons Venus

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2009, 08:12:16 AM »

;)

Mons Venus

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2009, 09:12:32 AM »

By Stephen C. Webster

— rogu·ish·ly adverb

— rogu·ish·ness noun

$arah is sooooo "Rogue" !!

Just ask her.  ;D

Mons Venus

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2009, 09:20:20 AM »

Sounds very, very familiar.

Who was in total control the last 8 yrs Straw?  ;)

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2009, 09:52:26 AM »

Unlike Obamas supporters who always are knocking him and looking at him objectively.You people cant even bring yourselves to knock him for sitting in Wrifghts church for twenty years and you excuse it by saying "that was just policts" .Yeah,politics for twenty years,having Wright baptise your kids,listening to his speeches in head phones while going to sleep,using his sermon as the inspiration to his book.Yes sir,you folks are WAAAAAAY different then Palins fans.Good point.