Author Topic: Cro cop vs. Ben Rothwell rumored for UFC 110  (Read 1519 times)

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
Cro cop vs. Ben Rothwell rumored for UFC 110
« on: November 09, 2009, 04:39:56 AM »
Cro Cop Training For Rothwell With Muay Thai Legend Ivan Hippolyt

here is my translation cro-to-eng of lates news:

Even tho nothing yet is 100 percent revealed, we find out from a very good sources that Mirko Cro Cop made some serious changes in Cro Cop Squad gim.
Igor Pokrajac (Mirko training partner,who recently loss to Matjusenko but still fighs in UFC) is no longer a part of Cro Cops team including his boxin trainer (M.Žiža) with whom Mirko also broke all professionall connections.

We find out that Mirko will combine training by staying in Croatia and traveling to Ivans home land from time to time to train with world class training partners.

The fight is also listed in MMAweekly's UFC 110 rumored bout section

Predictions
 40/61

Petrucci

• Getbig IV
  • Team Kratos!!!
Re: Cro cop vs. Ben Rothwell rumored for UFC 110
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 04:53:29 AM »
it may be good....it seems that cro cop need to be put in a different environment, where he is really told what to do. The kind of 'free' environment he has training at home (like Fedor does) seems not to be working for him
!

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 08:28:30 AM »
I think being put against a big time loser-cannon fodder type of guy like Ben Rothwell would be awesome for Cro Cop.

He wouldn't have to worry about any takedowns, and he could walk around only thinking about how to best put the hurt on poor Rothwell, hehe.

But Cro Cop won't be in good form until he dedicates himself to train full time with a real bad ass team in USA, Brasil or UK IMO.
As empty as paradise

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 01:12:45 PM »
This can and only will end in one way, CroCop getting KTFO .. face it the guy was never that good to begin with, I've spent a lot of time watching and reviewing his old Pride fights, he was always a very hesitant/nervous fighter who never really committed to do anything, more of an opportunist counter striker type of fighter, when anyone starts to press him, he's done. As for his last 4 fights... what a discgrace, the last one against Jr Dos Santos proved it, CroCop spent the whole fight running away and got a handful of weak jabs in. He truly needs to let it go, retire go fishing like he keeps talking about in interviews, he doesn't have the heart or kiler instinct anymore (not that I think he ever truly did)

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2009, 02:05:46 AM »
Why don't they just have Mirko fight Ricco or Mark Kerr if they want to keep him on so bad?  Have him fight other dinosaurs.  His time is over.