Author Topic: Robert Burneika 2 weeks out guest posing !!!  (Read 18406 times)

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
Re: Robert Burneika 2 weeks out guest posing !!!
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2009, 09:39:32 AM »
You can't teach posing! Either you can pose or you can't. There never was a bb who was a bad poser who then became a great poser.

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2009, 09:46:10 AM »
Van your wrong I was a horribe poser, then became a decent poser.
Posing gets better, with stage confidence, and learning how to make smooth transtitions.I have judged over 200 shows, and I have seen guys go from terrible posers to a few shows later pose like a pro.
If you practice posing, and someone teaches you, you can learn how to pose.
Alot of guys pose poorly because there nerves get the best of them.This I know.
The more shows you do, the more you pose, the better you leanr to pose
If you look at some pro bodybuiders in the earlly shows, they pose terrribly.
Then after time they learn how make there poses flow more smoothly

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2009, 09:51:42 AM »
Van your wrong I was a horribe poser, then became a decent poser.
Posing gets better, with stage confidence, and learning how to make smooth transtitions.I have judged over 200 shows, and I have seen guys go from terrible posers to a few shows later pose like a pro.
If you practice posing, and someone teaches you, you can learn how to pose.
Alot of guys pose poorly because there nerves get the best of them.This I know.
The more shows you do, the more you pose, the better you leanr to pose
If you look at some pro bodybuiders in the earlly shows, they pose terrribly.
Then after time they learn how make there poses flow more smoothly

There's a certain 'artistic sense' that you either have or you don't. And the way you hit your poses becomes fixed early on. How many times don't we say, if he just hit his side chest like Arnold, instead of crunching up, he'd look so much better in that pose. But the way you hit your poses becomes ingrained early on, it's almost impossible to make someone change the way they hit their poses.

In the pros there's some real bad posers. How many of them became good? Can't think of one. Yet many of these hired choreographers etc.

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2009, 10:01:16 AM »
Go for it...Robert, did offer to guest pose for free...Which is very generous .I off course, did give him $ because he was at our booth, and did guest pose.
Robert felt bad that the promoter didnt have a guest poser.

As far as cardio goes, Robert does 30 minutes before his first meal and 30 minutes at night.He trains for 45 minutes tops per day.
He is on low carbs, so when your on low carbs, you dont need more then 30 minutes twice per day.He just does the treadmill, and a ittle bit of the stair climber to work his glutes
You guys got to admit, his body looks 100 % better then he did at the Mr USA.
He is ony 31 years old so he has paenty of years to refine his posing, and his physique.You dont even hit your peak in bodybuiding until around 35.

mwbbuilder

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2009, 10:05:09 AM »
Plenty of good bodybuilders have done great without doing anything major.

Like who? Please name names. And tell us how you know that.

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2009, 10:21:01 AM »
Go for it...Robert, did offer to guest pose for free...Which is very generous .I off course, did give him $ because he was at our booth, and did guest pose.
Robert fet bad that the promoter didnt have a guest poser.

As far as cardio goes, Robert does 30 minutes before his first meal and 30 minutes at night.He trains for 45 minutes tops per day.
He is on low carbs, so when your on low carbs, you dont need more then 30 minutes twice per day.He just does the treadmill, and a ittle bit of the stair climber to work his glutes
You guys got to admit, his body looks 100 % better then he did at the Mr USA.
He is ony 31 years old so he has paenty of years to refine his posing, and his physique.You dont even hit your peak in bodybuiding until around 35.

What do you think about these guys doing 3 hours of cardio a day, plus training on zero carbs?? I'm watching videos of these guys and I can't believe this..is this overkill, or maybe their behind on their prep?? I seriously think I could eat Dunkin Doughnuts with every meal and still stay shredded if I was doing 3 hours of cardio..

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2009, 11:11:50 AM »
Gof for it,,,,, if you doing 3 hours of cardio a 1 of 2 things, you are eithert stupid of fat as fu$#%....If you diet properly and keep your bodyfat under 12% off season you should hasve to do more then 45 minutes twice per day max.
I personaly think 30 and 30 is best.To much cardio releases cortisol and makes aot of guys look flat of stringy.
Whne training for a bodybuilding show, your training session should be longer then 45 minutes, and your cardio shoudnt be more then 30 + 30.
Especialy if you running on low carbs.
Alot of guys overtrain for a show especially natural bodybuilders.Thats why most of them look stringy, or smooth and stringy.
Once your body releases cortisol, from over dieting or over training it reay hard to fill your self back out.
The it was when I competed naturally, I tried to get stridated glutes, so I dieted, and cardio like crazy.When it came time to carb load, nothing would fil me out.
No matter what I ate my body just wouldnt fill out.I kept increasing my carbs, and red meat by the hour.I filled out a lil bit after eating 2 lbs of redmeat, and 600-700 grams of carbs.Which normaly 300 was more then enough for me.
I realy dont carb load, I have a good amount of carb, but I use redmeat, and fat load aswelll.

Stavios

« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2009, 12:30:28 PM »
We are working on Roberts posing.It was his first guest posing experience.Plus they told him he had 15 minutes to pump up, but instead he got stuck in the pump up room for 60 minutes, so he was nervous and irritated.
You have to remember he has only done 3-4 shows, and has ony been bodybuilding for 3-4 years.So he is new to the whole bodybuiding thing.
We atleast got him in shape, now the next  2 weeks I am going to force him to pose and hour a day if I have to.
As as carb loading and water manipulation thats a buch of B.S..
We might cut his water a little bit, and slightly carb load him.Nothing crazy.

excuses excuses excuses excuses !

I posed better than that at my first show John.

it's not like he doesn't pose well, he is the worst poser I have ever seen for being a top national competitor !  ;D

Stavios

« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2009, 12:31:35 PM »
Like who? Please name names. And tell us how you know that.

branch warren didn't do shit for the ASC (according to him) and looked awesome

mwbbuilder

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2009, 12:50:34 PM »
branch warren didn't do shit for the ASC (according to him) and looked awesome

Oh really? And where did you read this?

He just ate and trained, then slapped on a little pro tan and oil--and stepped on stage, huh?

yeah, right.

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2009, 12:53:20 PM »
Looks the best I have seen him so far. His back looks much improved. I dont know what it is but his legs do seem lacking maybe because his arms are SO BIG. Seems like he has some awesome potential if he keeps his stomach in check. He has the lower lat insertions to have a Olympia back.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2009, 01:19:37 PM »
There's a certain 'artistic sense' that you either have or you don't. And the way you hit your poses becomes fixed early on. How many times don't we say, if he just hit his side chest like Arnold, instead of crunching up, he'd look so much better in that pose. But the way you hit your poses becomes ingrained early on, it's almost impossible to make someone change the way they hit their poses.

In the pros there's some real bad posers. How many of them became good? Can't think of one. Yet many of these hired choreographers etc.

thats so true, you cant change your posing even if you want to. I notice that with myself.

Stavios

« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2009, 01:21:31 PM »
Oh really? And where did you read this?

He just ate and trained, then slapped on a little pro tan and oil--and stepped on stage, huh?

yeah, right.

what's so hard to believe

you think when they look shredded at 1 week out they need to look much different onstage

please  ::)

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2009, 03:55:34 PM »
He does know how to pose, but his transitions into poses, is really bad.
I need to show him how to make smooth transistions from one pose to the next.
Pus he needs to learn " cheater" poses, to make his tansistion smoother.
He has the size , the conditioning, now he just learn to make his transistion from one pose to the next flow  look effortess

oldman

• Getbig III
« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2009, 05:22:56 PM »
looks great, legs a bit small for his upper body, but a freak.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #65 on: November 10, 2009, 08:07:25 PM »
What do you think about these guys doing 3 hours of cardio a day, plus training on zero carbs?? I'm watching videos of these guys and I can't believe this..is this overkill, or maybe their behind on their prep?? I seriously think I could eat Dunkin Doughnuts with every meal and still stay shredded if I was doing 3 hours of cardio..

personally i think its unnecessary and its mostly palumbos guys who u see doing this..............also i think alot of his guys have to do this much cardio because i think most of their metabolisms have come to a complete halt because dave has most of them on protein/fat and protein/veggies meals only for up to 8-10 weeks at a time.............which can kill someones metabolism.

io856

« Reply #66 on: November 10, 2009, 10:11:10 PM »
You can't teach posing! Either you can pose or you can't. There never was a bb who was a bad poser who then became a great poser.
I actually disagree van...

its like anything else in life if people fail to take action they dont achieve... the perceived benefit behind better posing is often not believed as worthy and therefore not worth the effort... I myself have been taught tricks in posing which have made differences... but once again how many people do we see in the gyms who same the same weight and look exactly the same year in year out... they never really do what it takes to change... same applies here... whilst I would agree that others are more rhythmically inclined for sure... perhaps a mark of personality traits etc...

Stavios

« Reply #67 on: November 11, 2009, 08:48:38 AM »
personally i think its unnecessary and its mostly palumbos guys who u see doing this..............also i think alot of his guys have to do this much cardio because i think most of their metabolisms have come to a complete halt because dave has most of them on protein/fat and protein/veggies meals only for up to 8-10 weeks at a time.............which can kill someones metabolism.

Isn't it the same kind of diet that Magnum does ?
yet Magnum doesn't have his guys do a lot of cardio ?

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #68 on: November 11, 2009, 09:14:35 AM »

I think you can teach posing. As you state above, I think that's more of the BBing of the current day being lazy and not wanting to take time and learn to pose correctly.
In the gym they're excited seeing the weight on the bar climb, people gawk and give compliments. But when posing, it's boring as hell, and nobody in a gym (very very select few) knows how a pose is hit correctly to enhance your body or hide what will make you lose points rather than gain. Some people may not experiment with poses and try to see how a twist of the waist, or holding your chest up will make them look better/worse.
Instead, you start posing, and your gym friends think you look great. Just because you may have decent forearms and they're the biggest your friends have ever seen, does not mean you can get away with it in front of judges! But your friends glad hand you all over, you stop posing and trying to do it correctly and you suck.
You can pretty much teach a retarded monkey to do anything- if he/she takes the time to learn.

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
« Reply #69 on: November 11, 2009, 09:24:42 AM »

Dude the guy was saying he was on zero fat and zero carbs...and he gets to add a little fat on some days...and 3 hours of cardio/also training..thats pretty insane prep.

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #70 on: November 11, 2009, 09:55:14 AM »
I dont know what Palumbo does.But if he really does have guys doind 3 hours of cardio on low carbs, that insane.If a person is on llow carbs, 30 minuites before there first meal and 30 minutes after therev last meal is more then enough.
Robert was 290 lbs whne he started his contest diet, now he is right around 258-260 lbs and he is below 4% bodyfat, just doing 30 plus 30 cardo a day.
If you do to much cardio the body released cortisol, and once that happens game over.Plus to much cardio can cause surges of cortisol which is even worse.
If you have to do more then an hour a day total on a low carb diet, either your a fat ass, or your stupid.
Your diet, shoud get you lean.Cardio is just to rev up your metabolism and to hep you burn excess calories to get you even harder
As far as posing goes, you can teach someone how to pose.Robert knows how to pose, its just his transition from one pose to the next is bad.Robert is highly intelligent he taught himself how to speak 4 diffrent laguages, Lithuanian, Polish, Russian and English.So teaching him to to transition his poses will be easy

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #71 on: November 11, 2009, 11:09:02 AM »
I think you can teach posing. As you state above, I think that's more of the BBing of the current day being lazy and not wanting to take time and learn to pose correctly.
In the gym they're excited seeing the weight on the bar climb, people gawk and give compliments. But when posing, it's boring as hell, and nobody in a gym (very very select few) knows how a pose is hit correctly to enhance your body or hide what will make you lose points rather than gain. Some people may not experiment with poses and try to see how a twist of the waist, or holding your chest up will make them look better/worse.
Instead, you start posing, and your gym friends think you look great. Just because you may have decent forearms and they're the biggest your friends have ever seen, does not mean you can get away with it in front of judges! But your friends glad hand you all over, you stop posing and trying to do it correctly and you suck.
You can pretty much teach a retarded monkey to do anything- if he/she takes the time to learn.

You would think it was possible. Just adjust a pose this way or that. But it just seems like people can't take advice wrt posing.  :D

Some people got it, some don't. This guy got it.

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #72 on: November 11, 2009, 11:52:08 AM »
Van thats is a bipolar man who either forgot to take his meds or drank alcohol with his meds.True story, about 16 years ago , I went on a few dates with this model.She was a knockout.Anyways, she told me she was on Prozac, at the time nobody really even knew what Prozac was.Well anyways, she had a couple of drinks and she started palying hide and seek with herself.Nobody at the bar including me werent playing, she was playing hide and seek with herself.I acted like I didnt know her, and lost her number and ignored all her phone calls after that.

Robert did this guest posing on 2 days notice, plus they made him wait backstage in the pump up room for an hour and a half when they told him it would only be 15 minutes.So he was nervous and irratated.He was guest posing a favor.They didnt pay him anything.I gave him some $ because he was at our booth, and he did guest pose.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #73 on: November 11, 2009, 02:28:13 PM »
Isn't it the same kind of diet that Magnum does ?
yet Magnum doesn't have his guys do a lot of cardio ?

nah magnums diet has similar principles, but its alot different.

and i dont think too many of magnums guys do over an hour a day, and thats only if they are behind............the diet does most of the work.

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #74 on: November 11, 2009, 02:32:10 PM »
You would think it was possible. Just adjust a pose this way or that. But it just seems like people can't take advice wrt posing.  :D

Some people got it, some don't. This guy got it.

he was in a natural show a couple years ago near Annapolis.  i don't think i ever laughed that hard as i did when he was posing.