Author Topic: Gay Bloggers and LGBT activists boycotting the DNC over broken promises.  (Read 1090 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
http://www.salon.com/politics/war_room/2009/11/09/boyco...
________________________ ________________________ _____________

LGBT activists -- not to mention plenty of other people in the community -- have never been particularly impressed with President Obama's efforts on their behalf. Despite his campaign promises, he's not yet moved towards ending "don't ask, don't tell," or put his weight behind repealing the Defense of Marriage Act or passing the Employment Non-Discrimination Act. And that's only the beginning: He'd already put activists on the alert when he had an anti-gay singer join him on the campaign trail.

The tensions between the LGBT community and the administration have been constantly bubbling under the surface, and at times there've been open battles. Though the White House made some moves to at least quiet the most public of those fights, they've still been unable to bring the gay activists who'd normally be a solid base of support back into the fold.

Now, the fighting's back out in the open, as two prominent gay bloggers -- John Aravosis, who's previously written for Salon, and Joe Sudbay of Americablog -- have announced that they're organizing what they're calling a temporary donor boycott of the Democratic National Committee. Joined by another high-profile figure in the movement, Michelangelo Signorile, they're asking people not to donate "until the Employment Non-Discrimination Act (ENDA) is passed, Don’t Ask Don’t Tell (DADT) is repealed, and the so-called Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) is repealed."

It will be interesting to see how the White House responds, if at all. And it will also be interesting -- and instructive -- to see how members of the LGBT community, and voters of all kinds, respond. The gay organizations haven't been at the forefront of the opposition to Obama; instead, it's been people like Aravosis and Signorile leading the charge. Success now might help them further supplant the traditional power structure in the community.

________________________ ________________________ ___

Jilted lovers are striking back. 

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
What are they bitchin' about? He's never openly been for gay marriage.

Let me guess...  They wanted to believe he was secretly for gay marriage but just couldn't say so during the campaign, LOL!

Idiots.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
What are they bitchin' about? He's never openly been for gay marriage.

Let me guess...  They wanted to believe he was secretly for gay marriage but just couldn't say so during the campaign, LOL!

Idiots.

They bought into the hope and change garbage and are learning the hard way that Obama and the dems used them to raise money, and thats it. 

Here is the problem, the longer Obama waits to do anything on this, the harder it will be since 2010 is rolling around and then the presidential election rolls up in 2012.  Do you really think Obama wants to try to run against a GOP contender on gay marriage?  He will lose that fight 9/10 times.   

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
you certainly are very, very interested in anything gay around here. lots of posts...hmmm.
w

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
you certainly are very, very interested in anything gay around here. lots of posts...hmmm.
I've made posts about gay issues, I'm not gay.  Maybe he has gay buddies or whatever.  3333, do you have gay buddies :D hahaha

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

The politics of it are interesting to me as i read a lot of sources and try to get a pulse of what people are thinking.  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I've made posts about gay issues, I'm not gay.  Maybe he has gay buddies or whatever. 

No, but I think that as a group, just like other bloc voters, they are realizing they got played for fools.   

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
The politics of it are interesting to me as i read a lot of sources and try to get a pulse of what people are thinking.  

oh sure.... :D

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
No, but I think that as a group, just like other bloc voters, they are realizing they got played for fools.   
every group is going to play their angle no matter what or who is in power.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
3333, you don't know anyone gay?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Gay Bloggers and LGBT activists boycotting the DNC over broken promises.
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2009, 06:35:45 AM »
3333, you don't know anyone gay?

One of my close friends has three brothers and two of them are gay.  They wont even talk to me since they are huge Obamabots.  

The straight brother sent a chain email about the olypmpics around Chicago v. Rio with pics of chicks in each city, and the gay brothers erupted in anger at us and called us both teabagging racists and wanting Obama to fail.  They also said I should move to Texas.  

I then sent them my graphs of the stimulus bill and the UE in Texas vs NY, CA, and MA and they totally freaked out and put me on blocked email.  It was hysterical and the straight brother told me not to worry about it.  

I simply left them an email:  "Did you ask for your $2,500 refund yet since nothing is going to happen on DADT?"

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2009, 06:39:44 AM »
One of my close friends has three brothers and two of them are gay.  They wont even talk to me since they are huge Obamabots.  

The straight brother sent a chain email about the olypmpics around Chicago v. Rio with pics of chicks in each city, and the gay brothers erupted in anger at us and called us both teabagging racists and wanting Obama to fail.  They also said I should move to Texas.  

I then sent them my graphs of the stimulus bill and the UE in Texas vs NY, CA, and MA and they totally freaked out and put me on blocked email.  It was hysterical and the straight brother told me not to worry about it.  

I simply left them an email:  "Did you ask for your $2,500 refund yet since nothing is going to happen on DADT?"

you absolutely must be the most undiplomatic person I know lol...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2009, 06:43:14 AM »
you absolutely must be the most undiplomatic person I know lol...

They called me a racist teabagger, what do you want me to do? 

Oh, I also told them "Obama's failure = America's Survival" and they literally blew up like you couldnt believe. 

I think they are upset that they donated thousands of dollars, had the stickers, the signs, and know deep down inside that they got played for fools and chumps. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2009, 06:54:18 AM »
They called me a racist teabagger, what do you want me to do?  

Oh, I also told them "Obama's failure = America's Survival" and they literally blew up like you couldnt believe.  

I think they are upset that they donated thousands of dollars, had the stickers, the signs, and know deep down inside that they got played for fools and chumps.  

3333, IMO you're way to blunt.  In some ways I appreciate that, I grew up around that.  There's something to be said about the person who comes right out and says it without worry of consequences or contrary opinion.  At the same time I've learned those type of people will never compromise or convince.  They may be appreciated in their own right, but they will never sway opinion.  You would fit in here in Wyoming my friend ;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2009, 07:00:28 AM »
3333, IMO you're way to blunt.  In some ways I appreciate that, I grew up around that.  There's something to be said about the person who comes right out and says it without worry of consequences or contrary opinion.  At the same time I've learned those type of people will never compromise or convince.  They may be appreciated in their own right, but they will never sway opinion.  You would fit in here in Wyoming my friend ;D

Its funny you say that, my friends get upset with me because I am so blunt and answer questions with a direct answer as to exactly how I feel. 

My GF always says she wish she had an ounce of the directness I can exhibit when I need to.  i am what I am and whoever deals with me knows exactly what they get all the time.  I have no secret agendas, no hidden feelings, and you can hate me or love me, not a problem, but you know where you stand with me. 

For example:  My friend wanted to go drinking the other night.  I said "No".  He says to me:  "Why do you have to be so short and direct with me?"   I'm like "Bro: stop being a fucking chic and deal with it, I dont want to go" 

As far as being convinced with something, I need fact, logic, experience, and common sense, not feelings.  I am not a feelings type of guy.   

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2009, 07:08:41 AM »
Its funny you say that, my friends get upset with me because I am so blunt and answer questions with a direct answer as to exactly how I feel. 

My GF always says she wish she had an ounce of the directness I can exhibit when I need to.  i am what I am and whoever deals with me knows exactly what they get all the time.  I have no secret agendas, no hidden feelings, and you can hate me or love me, not a problem, but you know where you stand with me. 

You could never make it as a politician. You're too honest. ;D

But that's why you've managed to gain a big entourage of fans on this board. ;)
As empty as paradise

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2009, 07:13:17 AM »

For example:  My friend wanted to go drinking the other night.  I said "No".  He says to me:  "Why do you have to be so short and direct with me?"   I'm like "Bro: stop being a fucking chic and deal with it, I dont want to go" 

As far as being convinced with something, I need fact, logic, experience, and common sense, not feelings.  I am not a feelings type of guy.   

lol...  you are who you are.  I'm not going to fault you for it.  Only point out that there may be more logical paths in your persute.  My wife is probably more blunt than you--or as much so.  I lol at it.  Some of the things she will come right out and say to a person she doesn't even know, I'm like thinking whoa, really, did you just really say that to this person we just met lol...  She's a fucking Xena sometimes :D  I guess I'm the lone star diplomat of the family ;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2009, 07:15:10 AM »
You could never make it as a politician. You're too honest. ;D

But that's why you've managed to gain a big entourage of fans on this board. ;)

Fuggettaboutit!   I am not good with the slick salesmanship game.  You want to laugh, I went to a liberal college and was always the only conservative type on the class and never had a problem voicing my opinions, even in light of 99:1 ratios.    

After the classes were over most of the professors said that while they disagreed with me, they respected my fearless advocacy for what I believed and that they appreciated someone actually not pussying out and agreeing with the professor to try to get a good grade.  

I hate slick salesmanship of anything and see through it like a laser.  Slick sales jobs are insulting to me more than anything.  Maybe this is why I cant stand this Admn.  They are insulting on every level the way they do things.  I guess they know more people than not fall for slick marketing over substance.  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2009, 07:17:41 AM »
lol...  you are who you are.  I'm not going to fault you for it.  Only point out that there may be more logical paths in your persute.  My wife is probably more blunt than you--or as much so.  I lol at it.  Some of the things she will come right out and say to a person she doesn't even know, I'm like thinking whoa, really, did you just really say that to this person we just met lol...  She's a fucking Xena sometimes :D  I guess I'm the lone star diplomat of the family ;D

Its called balance.  My GF balances me out in that way. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2009, 07:21:02 AM »
Its called balance.  My GF balances me out in that way. 
get your GF to pre-check your posts here :D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2009, 07:22:35 AM »
get your GF to pre-check your posts here :D

No way!  I dont want some mish mash middle of the road nicey nice gibberish.   

BTW - she is not into politics at all.  She is a hockey fanatic.     

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2009, 05:23:42 PM »
They bought into the hope and change garbage and are learning the hard way that Obama and the dems used them to raise money, and thats it. 

Here is the problem, the longer Obama waits to do anything on this, the harder it will be since 2010 is rolling around and then the presidential election rolls up in 2012.  Do you really think Obama wants to try to run against a GOP contender on gay marriage?  He will lose that fight 9/10 times.   

He's never been publicly for gay marriage. Why make re-election difficult by jumping on the gay-marriage bandwagon? Especially considering the citizenry has said no when given a chance to vote on the topic.

Politicians are all whores and barely keep any campaign promises. Why in the heck would a person derail their political career to shut up 10% or less of the population. The guy has a carefully managed image and isn't stupid enough to invite disaster keeping promises people wish were made.

You know damn well people in his immediate circle said something like "he won't oppose gay marriage but can't openly support it and get elected" but they heard but gays heard "Gay marriage will be the inauguration speech's main topic". :)

BodyProSite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2009, 02:31:44 PM »
fuck the homos  let them boycott and dit at home and cry ... realy who fucking cares  bout them