Author Topic: V  (Read 4149 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
V
« on: November 10, 2009, 05:54:15 PM »
anybody watching?  First episode was great.  Almost movie quality with some of the scenes.  Second episode on tonight.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
Re: V
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 06:03:36 PM »
I missed it, will have to catch it later

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 07:06:46 PM »
second episode was ok, not as good as the first.  They need to work out realistic behavior issues but that isn't unusual for a series.  Ryan's wife would have been more upset when she discovered some mystery person from his past came into their home and left his card.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2009, 07:07:37 PM »
First episode is online now: http://abc.go.com/shows/v

Tapper

• Getbig IV
  • You're an SMF!
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 07:03:44 AM »
second episode was ok, not as good as the first.  They need to work out realistic behavior issues but that isn't unusual for a series.  Ryan's wife would have been more upset when she discovered some mystery person from his past came into their home and left his card.

First episode was good, but ya, 2nd one was weak.

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2009, 07:15:03 AM »

Exactly...I was like ???   

I only saw a few bits of the first episode.
R

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2010, 07:32:50 AM »
What do you think about these new episodes?  I'm betting it'll be cancelled.  Seems like they're fucking up a good story.  I'm not to excited over these new episodes.

brooklynbruiser

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2010, 08:58:20 AM »
I made a dupe thread. Can someone delete?

So far, I think they're screwing the pooch and this is headed into cancellation. They should've done a miniseries format. The changes they've made so far are pretty silly. I keep watching in hopes that they'll prove me wrong and use it to make a great twist. Erica's son makes me want to punch him in the face. Not his fault. I blame the writers. :)
Almost always, yes.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2010, 05:10:58 PM »
I made a dupe thread. Can someone delete?

So far, I think they're screwing the pooch and this is headed into cancellation. They should've done a miniseries format. The changes they've made so far are pretty silly. I keep watching in hopes that they'll prove me wrong and use it to make a great twist. Erica's son makes me want to punch him in the face. Not his fault. I blame the writers. :)
That V leader chick seemed hotter in the mini series.  Now they got here in some ugly grandma peach nightgown with even shorter dyke hair to boot. The plot doesn't seem well thought out and it's hard to believe some of the things.  I figured they would fuck it up.  It'll be cancelled.

brooklynbruiser

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2010, 05:14:31 PM »
Famke Janssen was originally in line to play Diana, but turned it down. She would have definitely added value. Not that the actor sucks, but she's just...there. the entire story is just...there.
Almost always, yes.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2010, 07:00:03 AM »
First episode is online now: http://abc.go.com/shows/v

This page is confusing.  Is the Pilot episode still available for viewing?  I'd like to start from the beginning but it looks like the first few episodes are not longer available.  :(

brooklynbruiser

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2010, 05:31:03 PM »
You're probably going to have to find a torrent or wait for the DVD. If I find an upload, I'll link it here.
Almost always, yes.

HDPhysiques

• Getbig III
  • "Hi-Def Bodies in Hi-Def Video"
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2010, 02:01:27 AM »
This page is confusing.  Is the Pilot episode still available for viewing?  I'd like to start from the beginning but it looks like the first few episodes are not longer available.  :(

As of 2 weeks ago, all of last season (1st season, 4 episodes from Nov 2009) were available there on abc.
JOIN HDPhysiques!!!!

brooklynbruiser

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2010, 08:33:39 AM »
The last episode (4/20/10) was promising. The action picked up A LOT. The story, not so much.

They haven't said what the hell Diana and the V want with humans. If it was food, I'd think they'd have said it earlier, right? They need the V to show their hand and up the stakes soon. This isn't 'Lost', so stop attempting to be mysterious and give us the steak we need because the sizzle isn't enough!  
Almost always, yes.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2010, 04:05:13 PM »
Stephen Hawking: E.T., stay home
Aliens may exist but contact would hurt humans: Hawking

LONDON (AFP) – Aliens may exist but mankind should avoid contact with them as the consequences could be devastating, British scientist Stephen Hawking warned Sunday.

"If aliens visit us, the outcome would be much as when Columbus landed in America, which didn't turn out well for the Native Americans," said the astrophysicist in a new television series, according to British media reports.

The programmes depict an imagined universe featuring alien life forms in huge spaceships on the hunt for resources after draining their own planet dry.

"Such advanced aliens would perhaps become nomads, looking to conquer and colonise whatever planets they can reach," warned Hawking.

The doomsday scenario is suggested in the series "Into the Universe with Stephen Hawking" on the Discovery Channel, which began airing in the United States on Sunday.

On the probability of alien life existing, he says: "To my mathematical brain, the numbers alone make thinking about aliens perfectly rational.
"The real challenge is to work out what aliens might actually be like."

Glowing squid-like creatures, herds of herbivores that can hang onto a cliff face and bright yellow predators that kill their prey with stinging tails are among the creatures that stalk the scientist's fantastical cosmos.

Mankind has already made a number of attempts to contact extraterrestrial civilisations.

In 2008, American space agency NASA beamed the Beatles song "Across the Universe" into deep space to send a message of peace to any alien that happens to be in the region of Polaris -- also known as the North Star -- in 2439.

But the history of humanity's efforts to contact aliens stretches back some years.

The US probes Pioneer 10 and 11 were launched in 1972 and 1973 bearing plaques of a naked man and woman and symbols seeking to convey the positions of the Earth and the Sun.

Voyager 1 and 2, launched in 1977, each carry a gold-plated copper phonogram disk with recordings of sounds and images on Earth.

brooklynbruiser

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2010, 06:49:45 PM »
LOL I thought of the same thing when I read that article. We'd well deserve it! :)
Almost always, yes.

brooklynbruiser

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2010, 07:44:23 PM »
Almost always, yes.

brooklynbruiser

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2010, 09:48:35 PM »
Just watched the latest ep. It's frustrating. Watched alone, each episode is fun to watch for the suspense. The problem is there is no sense to it save for characters reacting to insubstantial threats. The V has all this tech, yet haven't used it to do anything. What do they want? Why don't they hunt their enemies down personally? They don't need us for anything and could kill us at anytime. Why haven't they?

*sigh*
Almost always, yes.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2010, 11:18:14 AM »
Well you will have the chance to get answers. V has been renewed for another season. Flashforward has been cancelled.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2010, 11:37:56 AM »
anybody watching?  First episode was great.  Almost movie quality with some of the scenes.  Second episode on tonight.

V as in the alien show?

i used to watch it back in pakistan...so thats pre 1992

did they do a remake?
carpe` vaginum!

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2010, 11:43:43 AM »
Stephen Hawking: E.T., stay home
Aliens may exist but contact would hurt humans: Hawking

LONDON (AFP) – Aliens may exist but mankind should avoid contact with them as the consequences could be devastating, British scientist Stephen Hawking warned Sunday.
<edited>..

i keep posting these and no one except for maybe hugo ever watches them...i've posted this particular one a 100 times....its NASA footage from the shuttle cameras BEFORE they stopped live broadcasts which r "cleaned" up. This footage ws found in some small TV station archives and is analyzed by David sereda a physicist and hosted by dan akroid.

Its long...but before you go around completely denying aliens..WATCH THIS VIDEO and then tell me if you still disbelieve...i personally consider this THE smoking gun video
Evidence: Case of the NASA UFO
http://www.guba.com/watch/3000113495/The-Case-For-NASA-UFOs-PART-1

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8524267568796529301#
carpe` vaginum!

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2010, 11:50:19 AM »
here is a shorter video
astronauts talking about UFO
carpe` vaginum!

brooklynbruiser

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2010, 04:31:15 PM »
Well you will have the chance to get answers. V has been renewed for another season. Flashforward has been cancelled.

Yeah...I'm sorry I never really paid FF much attention. They might give V another season, but I can't imagine they'll do much better with the drawn-out storyline. It reminds me of the first season of 'Heroes'. Six hour-long episodes had passed before ANYTHING happened at all. And when it did, it was barely significant. For that show, I watched the first six episodes and it took me a year before I bothered to go back and finish it. I would peek in from time to time and die from watching terrible storylines unfolding. Thank heavens they are canceling it.

Anyway, back to 'V'. I have a terrible feeling they are walking on the 'Heroes' path. Lots of sizzle and no steak. They don't make shows like they used to.

V as in the alien show?

i used to watch it back in pakistan...so thats pre 1992

did they do a remake?

Heck yeh! Where've you been? It started about a month before the 2009 writers' strike. You can watch the recent eps on Hulu. Not sure about the pilot and early stuff.
Almost always, yes.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2010, 04:42:08 PM »

Heck yeh! Where've you been? It started about a month before the 2009 writers' strike. You can watch the recent eps on Hulu. Not sure about the pilot and early stuff.

man they r running out of ideas...or already run out...

doesn't anyone do anything original anymore?
carpe` vaginum!

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2010, 03:41:00 AM »
man they r running out of ideas...or already run out...

doesn't anyone do anything original anymore?
truely.... original ideas ran out a long time ago, way before we were born.   Even if you thought the original star wars was all new, you'd be wrong.  It was primarily based on shit before it and some ideas that go back long long before it.  There is not many, if any, stories told that haven't been told before.  Yet there is still a creativity in combining various ideas into a new story which is what Lucas did.  The challenge for the people working with the new V is to do that in a way that is intersting.  So far they are failing.  Now the new Battlestar Galactica did a fairly good job in re-inventing the old story and combining items of current importance to make it somewhat unique.  Keeping in mind the original BSG is also a combo of stories that goes back way before the original,  there can be creativity in the retelling of an old story done right.