Author Topic: Professor punched a female over race debate  (Read 3897 times)

Eric15210

• Getbig IV
  • poor people are crazy I'm eccentric
Professor punched a female over race debate
« on: November 11, 2009, 08:30:55 AM »
I'm sure the liberal media will spin this story  ;D

A prominent Columbia architecture professor punched a female university employee in the face at a Harlem bar during a heated argument about race relations, cops said yesterday.

Police busted Lionel McIntyre, 59, for assault yesterday after his bruised victim, Camille Davis, filed charges.

McIntyre and Davis, who works as a production manager in the school's theater department, are both regulars at Toast, a popular university bar on Broadway and 125th Street, sources said.

The professor, who is black, had been engaged in a fiery discussion about "white privilege" with Davis, who is white, and another male regular, who is also white, Friday night at 10:30 when fists started flying, patrons said.

LIONEL McINTYRE "Unfortunate event."
 see more videos
McIntyre, who is known as "Mac" at the bar, shoved Davis, and when the other patron and a bar employee tried to break it up, the prof slugged Davis in the face, witnesses said.

"The punch was so loud, the kitchen workers in the back heard it over all the noise," bar back Richie Velez, 28, told The Post. "I was on my way over when he punched Camille and she fell on top of me."

The other patron involved in the dispute said McIntyre then took a swing at him after he yelled, "You don't hit a woman!"

"He knocked the glasses right off my face," said the man, who would only give his first name as "Shannon." "The punch came out of nowhere. Mac was talking to us about white privilege and what I was doing about it -- apparently I wasn't doing enough."

McIntyre had squabbled with Davis several weeks earlier over issues involving race, witnesses said. As soon as the professor threw the punch Friday, server Rob Dalton and another employee tossed him out.

"It was a real sucker punch," Dalton said. "Camille's a great lady, always nice to everybody, and doesn't deserve anything like this."

Davis was spotted wearing sunglasses yesterday to conceal the black eye. Reached at her Columbia office, she declined to comment on the alleged attack.

McIntyre was released without bail at his arraignment last night.

"It was a very unfortunate event," he said afterwards. "I didn't mean for it to explode the way it did."

RIP Bob Probert

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Professor punched a female over race debate
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 08:33:11 AM »
Lets see if Obama will get involved in this case.My bet,the media,Obama and the rest of the libs never mention it.However,they still will probably run a program stating the Duke kids were actually guilty.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 08:35:20 AM »
Lets see if Obama will get involved in this case.My bet,the media,Obama and the rest of the libs never mention it.However,they still will probably run a program stating the Duke kids were actually guilty.

I read this and did not want to post since I already am toxic to alot of people around here. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 08:38:07 AM »
obviously the police acting stupidly and without all the facts...obama told me so  ;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 08:39:09 AM »
obviously the police acting stupidly and without all the facts...obama told me so  ;D

He should have said to the professor - "I voted for Obama thats not enough for you?"

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2009, 08:41:07 AM »
pictures please ;D

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2009, 08:43:55 AM »
I read this and did not want to post since I already am toxic to alot of people around here. 

You go ll out over the Arabs/Muslims/Islam and you get concerned now?????
C

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2009, 08:44:13 AM »
All I want to know is what kind of parents name their son Shannon?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2009, 08:46:15 AM »
Shannon Sharpe mother fucker, repeat it and remember it ;D

Irish parents obviously, but not in my example :D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2009, 08:47:20 AM »

Remember this guy?  Shannon Brigs?  

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2009, 08:52:36 AM »

With hair like that I can understand why his parents might have been confused about his gender until puberty made him shave.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2009, 08:57:08 AM »
why does he look like one of those smashed fairy pics? lol

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2009, 09:05:12 AM »
All the more reason why I say a woman needs to be kept at home, know her place, keep her mouth shut and NOT BE ALLOWED TO DRINK AT ALL!.

Someone posted this article from a woman's magazine not to long ago about how a woman should be and I think this is a good opportunity to repost it.
C

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2009, 09:10:03 AM »
WTF?

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2009, 09:20:42 AM »
WTF?

YES!!!!!.... Someone else originally posted this article and I AGREE WHOLEHEARTEDLY with it.

Sadly here it is 2009 and these race inequalities are still going on, still impacting societies, still the crux of fights, arguments, still causing violence. Two Columbia professors being reduced to this behavior (amplified by alcohol I am sure) in a public place. The last I checked most people go to a bar to have a good time...not to exchange comments (or fights) over race relations.
C

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2009, 09:22:05 AM »

YES!!!!!.... Someone else originally posted this article and I AGREE WHOLEHEARTEDLY with it.

Sadly here it is 2009 and these race inequalities are still going on, still impacting societies, still the crux of fights, arguments, still causing violence. Two Columbia professors being reduced to this behavior (amplified by alcohol I am sure) in a public place. The last I checked most people go to a bar to have a good time...not to exchange comments (or fights) over race relations.
WHAT?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2009, 09:23:46 AM »
What does this professor want? 

He probably makes 135k a year to work two or three days a week and has no real responsiblities. 

What other country is he going to do that in? 

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2009, 09:25:05 AM »

It seems to me that perhaps we need to ban blacks from being professors at colleges.They seem to be nothing but trouble.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2009, 09:27:39 AM »
Whats hysterical in this country, whether its this profressor, Hassan, Gates, whoever, dont realize that they have it better than 95% of whites and still keep bitching about everything.

Man the fuck up, stop whining like spoiled little bitches, and be happy your not working a farm a in a rice patty in China or like most of the other poor people in the world.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2009, 09:42:47 AM »
There is very little, if any, "white privilage" anymore.  There sure used to be, but not these days.  This professor is probably one of the old guard black liberation theology types, despite living well himself.  Minorities have been given a disproportionate hand up in recent yrs....and folks who are under 30 or 35 have experienced it with AA.  It's a generational thing.  The older blacks have a right to feel discriminated against, having experienced miserable real institutional racism.  Young people, no.

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2009, 09:55:58 AM »
WHAT?

You wanna add something more than just WHAT or WTF?
C

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2009, 09:59:19 AM »
What does this professor want? 

He probably makes 135k a year to work two or three days a week and has no real responsiblities. 

What other country is he going to do that in? 

3 stop making stupid speculations. You posts some of the weirdest shit on this board. Kinda hard to determine what your mindset really is. Last time I checked a college professor has sometimes hundreds of students PER CLASS with exams and lessons to create, not to mention they belong to boards of all sorts, are involved in decision making not only in the university but also the city and states inwhich they work. Being a professor is NOT easy lest there would be a whole lot more of them.
C

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2009, 09:59:25 AM »
There is very little, if any, "white privilage" anymore.  There sure used to be, but not these days.  This professor is probably one of the old guard black liberation theology types, despite living well himself.  Minorities have been given a disproportionate hand up in recent yrs....and folks who are under 30 or 35 have experienced it with AA.  It's a generational thing.  The older blacks have a right to feel discriminated against, having experienced miserable real institutional racism.  Young people, no.

I tell my GF all the time, imagine if you were born in China, NK, or 200 years ago, what your life would be like.  

Professors like this, Gates, Hassan, and all the other malcontents who live better than 99% than the rest of the world need to STFU and appreciate what they have.

Sure there are a lot of things that need to be improved, but a collective appreciation of the fact that we still have it better than most REGARDLESS OF RACE, seems to be in order.      

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2009, 10:01:42 AM »
All the more reason why I say a woman needs to be kept at home, know her place, keep her mouth shut and NOT BE ALLOWED TO DRINK AT ALL!.

Someone posted this article from a woman's magazine not to long ago about how a woman should be and I think this is a good opportunity to repost it.

The guy sucker punches the woman, and you blame the woman?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2009, 10:03:37 AM »
3 stop making stupid speculations. You posts some of the weirdest shit on this board. Kinda hard to determine what your mindset really is. Last time I checked a college professor has sometimes hundreds of students PER CLASS with exams and lessons to create, not to mention they belong to boards of all sorts, are involved in decision making not only in the university but also the city and states inwhich they work. Being a professor is NOT easy lest there would be a whole lot more of them.

Bro - my sis teaches at Syracuse U and so does her husband.  Its the biggest joke in the world.  Those two would not last 5 minutes in my world.   She teaches three days a week MAX and may 2 hours a day.  She complains about research papers and grading apers.  GMAFB.  i am on my own and am in the office at 7 am and out 7 pm every damn day to make a living in NYC.  

These students are subsidizing a light work load of these professors with ridiculous tuitions.

On an hourly basis, professors in college are grossly overpaid.

As far as the large classes, those are usually 1st year classes taught on the same lesson plan year after year by grad students or with the help of other grad students working towards a phd.