Author Topic: thinking about how to go about starting a radio show.  (Read 468 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
thinking about how to go about starting a radio show.
« on: November 11, 2009, 09:30:10 AM »
anybody know anything about this?  Do I just get a licence and start broadcasting?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: thinking about how to go about starting a radio show.
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 09:34:44 AM »
anybody know anything about this?  Do I just get a licence and start broadcasting?

You can probably host a show like Peter Schiff does via his website. 

I think people just call his office and he broadcasts it over the web, tapes and posts up there every week. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 09:37:47 AM »
You can probably host a show like Peter Schiff does via his website. 

I think people just call his office and he broadcasts it over the web, tapes and posts up there every week. 

I was thinking actual radio.  Get the radio setup going.  I could build it myself.  Just like Art Bell and others did back in the day out in the middle of nowhere and just blast away.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 09:39:13 AM »
I was thinking actual radio.  Get the radio setup going.  I could build it myself.  Just like Art Bell and others did back in the day out in the middle of nowhere and just blast away.

I'm sure the info is out there, but there are FCC regs and crap like that out there. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 11:35:38 AM »
U'll need ur FCC license but I don't know about the set-up as a radio station. I got my FCC license for life..in college. It was cheap..not sure if thats because it was a student thing. I'm sure there is all kinds of other shit u'll have to do. I'll assume ur going AM etc.
L

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2009, 02:27:17 PM »

Starting out on YOUTUBE or a YOUTUBE type platform will give you a chance to practice and work out any glitches, kinks, formatting before you go to radio (which can actaully be quite expensive). Most talk show host get involved with selling products inorder to defray the cost or get sponsors of their show(s). Doing YOUTUBE  or a similar platform will allow you to do the show for FREE until you can get funding. Does your city have a Public Access channel you can use?

There is also this site that allows you to create your own radio station talk show. You can inquire of the process and cost if any that is involved.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/
C

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2009, 03:38:00 PM »
You will need a lot of money to operate a radio station.  Too many FCC regulations.  Competitors and people who want you off the air will randomly report you to the FCC and if they find anything wrong expect huge fines.  I used to work in Radio and the money it takes to run vs. what you bring in is not worth it.  Go with internet broadcasting.