Author Topic: Arnold's weak legs  (Read 7451 times)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
Re: Arnold's weak legs
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2009, 03:12:13 PM »
This thread is about Arnold's legs and whether or not they were weak.  I posted a clip where Arnold himself speaks on the issue and acknowledges that his thighs and calves were his weak points.  That's pretty much the most on-topic post in this thread, yet you're making it into another Nasser post?  ::)
C`mon Bob........just an excuse to post more Nasser bullshit!!

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2009, 03:17:21 PM »
 ;)

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2009, 03:26:23 PM »
yep and made up for it by having larger calves
Yes,but don`t forget Arnold was much much taller than Chris.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2009, 03:29:03 PM »
C`mon Bob........just an excuse to post more Nasser bullshit!!

Obviously Tim....but why encourage him.

I'm done commenting on all things Team Nasser, just let their threads fall off the page.

They are obviously never going to stop regardless of the fact that 99% of the board thinks it's retarded, why give them the satisfaction and bump their threads?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2009, 03:53:54 PM »
I hear you man..........just friggin` tired of the "The Wizard" !!  LOL  :)

I mean really,who actually cares about him these days besides the two tools on GetBig?

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2009, 03:56:16 PM »
I hear you man..........just friggin` tired of the "The Wizard" !!  LOL  :)

I mean really,who actually cares about him these days besides the two tools on GetBig?

Actually a lot more people care about Nasser El Sonbaty than "wes" from getbig.  He gets tons of hits on his website, fan mail, people approach him daily in San Diego, etc.

Back to my original post, yes it happened to be a video of Nasser posting at the AC but was totally on topic since Arnold himself is speaking on the topic of this thread - his (relatively) weak legs.  The fact that all you gathered from that was Nasser shows he lives in your mind ;)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2009, 03:58:35 PM »
Blah blah blah blah :)

Give it a rest bud.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2009, 04:17:40 PM »
Blah blah blah blah :)

Give it a rest bud.

Tim- I agree with you about the Nasser threads, they are way too much. Bobs knows that I hate all the shit he posts about "The Wizard," but also in this case, he is right.
As soon as I saw Nasser I thought 'Not this shit again?! This was a good thread too.' But then you hear Arnold speaking, analyzing Nasser, and the announcer asks Arnold about his weak points and what he felt they were- and Arnold answered.

Sad for me to admit this, but Bobs is correct this time. :-\

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2009, 07:02:04 PM »
Actually a lot more people care about Nasser El Sonbaty than "wes" from getbig.  He gets tons of hits on his website, fan mail, people approach him daily in San Diego, etc.

Back to my original post, yes it happened to be a video of Nasser posting at the AC but was totally on topic since Arnold himself is speaking on the topic of this thread - his (relatively) weak legs.  The fact that all you gathered from that was Nasser shows he lives in your mind ;)

dont blame guys like gronk and wes for their jealousy my friend.. both of them are the same age as nasser and at this age the best they can do is to sit on GB all the day while nasser is..... well NASSER EL SONBATY!!..

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2009, 08:21:39 PM »
hIS BACK IS AS narrow as a flatSCREEN TV  :D

Step back and put the pipe DOWN!

The_Infidel

• Getbig III
  • Professor of Bro-Science
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2009, 08:30:10 PM »
hIS BACK IS AS narrow as a flatSCREEN TV  :D

Nonsense

Come at me Bro!

The_Infidel

• Getbig III
  • Professor of Bro-Science
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2009, 09:05:14 PM »
Actually Arnold himself acknowledged that his thighs and calves were his weak points.  If you scross to about 1:05 in this video you'll haer it from Arnold:

He said that they were GENETIC weak points.  There is a big difference.  He also said that he identified this early and trained them harder to bring them up to the level of his other body parts.  By 1971 they were far from "weak".  At no point are his comments in this video intended to "acknowledge" that he had weak legs as you would like us to believe.  His quads get a bum rap because people remember his 1980 comeback when he trained for only 2 months and came in less than his all-time best.......and won.  Ha!
Come at me Bro!

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2009, 11:38:38 PM »
He said that they were GENETIC weak points.  There is a big difference.  He also said that he identified this early and trained them harder to bring them up to the level of his other body parts.  By 1971 they were far from "weak".  At no point are his comments in this video intended to "acknowledge" that he had weak legs as you would like us to believe.  His quads get a bum rap because people remember his 1980 comeback when he trained for only 2 months and came in less than his all-time best.......and won.  Ha!

bang on..again!

arnold also famously stated that he had achieved the perfect physique, which meant that any change had to be accompanied by changes all over. At that point he had his legs just as he wanted them. any statement suggesting they were weak is arguing purely about the BB ideal for the time.

this is about perception, not arnold, although arnold was the benchmark.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2009, 07:36:19 AM »
I'm really tired of hearing all the time that Arnold had toothpic legs.  It's baloney. Arnold had some of the best thighs in the business at that time and in my opinion he had the best calves ever.  His thighs were plenty big in 73 and 74.  The standard at that time was not to have have quads so big you can hardly walk.  

Most people who criticize Arnold's legs point to current bodybuilders as being "better".  It may be today's standard to have bodybuilders with gh guts, enormous legs and huge striated asses but that isn't what most would call better. That freakish bloated look is ridiculous and I think any rational person except for Getbig's permabulkers would agree.  This is one of the reasons that the sport has gone back to being an obscure freakshow instead the worthy pursuit that it was when Arnold popularized it in the 70s and 80's.  

Very weal calves in that pic. Worse than Ronnie's.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2009, 07:38:09 AM »
Great post !

Arnold or Dorian? Which one is the better bodybuilder in your opinion ND?

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2009, 07:41:23 AM »
The Arnold of '73 & '74 was phenomenal. He is not getting enough credit for his '73 showing... sadly there are only very few pics of the Mr. Olympia 1973 floating around.

Arnold stopped progressing after 1974 (movies and a 5 year layoff from bodybuilding). He never hit his full potential.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2009, 07:42:08 AM »
i wish my legs were that weak, truly, only in this psycho business people wants to have and admire tumor stump legs like tom platz.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2009, 07:45:47 AM »
Actually Arnold himself acknowledged that his thighs and calves were his weak points.  If you scross to about 1:05 in this video you'll haer it from Arnold:

I don't think Arnold appreciated being put on the spot like that, but I'm sure he respected that guy for being so courageous and asking him what his weak points were.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2009, 07:48:50 AM »
Nonsense

Biggest I've ever seen Arnold onstage. Looked to be hovering around the 250 pound mark there.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2009, 07:59:49 AM »
arnold had more veins on his back than jay butler on his whole body.

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2009, 10:06:36 AM »
With regards the comment about Arnies back,in the 70s and 80s the relaxed round was exactly that.Relaxed.
Not this hold my arms as far away from my sides as possible to make it look like i can fly look.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2009, 10:07:59 AM »

theres truly someone standing, after that we havent seen much impressive stuff anymore.

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2009, 10:15:18 AM »
With regards the comment about Arnies back,in the 70s and 80s the relaxed round was exactly that.Relaxed.
Not this hold my arms as far away from my sides as possible to make it look like i can fly look.
The way most of the guys stand now with the arms bent in an absurd manner looks extremely awkward.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2009, 10:16:20 AM »
Arnold might be the only 6 foot or over guy who filled out before he was 50.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2009, 10:25:10 AM »
The way most of the guys stand now with the arms bent in an absurd manner looks extremely awkward.

Who has the gif file of Kamali with George Farah shoving the latter? It was quite obvious, and Kamali was standing exactly with the "I Believe I Can Fly" look.