Author Topic: Three Tenn football players arrested on attempted robbery charges.  (Read 2914 times)

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
Well, they get dumber every day.

http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2009/nov/12/two-football-players-face-armed-robbery-charges-tv/

KNOXVILLE — KNOXVILLE - Three University of Tennessee freshman football players this morning face attempted armed robbery charges.

Janzen Jackson, Mike Edwards and Nu'Keese Richardson, all 18, were charged this morning after an armed robbery attempt at a Pilot station on Cumberland Avenue, according to the Knoxville Police Department.

Each player faces three counts of attempted armed robbery.

UT athletic director Mike Hamilton released a statement this morning about the episode.

"At this time we are currently evaluating the circumstances surrounding an incident involving Mike Edwards, Janzen Jackson and Nu'Keese Richardson," Hamilton said. "Any decisions or comments regarding their status will not be made until the evaluations are complete."

Both Richardson and Jackson are coming off a week in which they faced discipline from coach Lane Kiffin, the former for missing a practice and the latter for a violation of team rules.

Kiffin has touted the discipline in his program and a clean arrest record as recently as Wednesday's SEC teleconference.

Richardson is a 5-foot-10. 165-pound wide receiver from Pahokee, Fla. Jackson is a 6-foot, 174-pound defensive back from Lake Charles, La. Edwards is a 5-10 defensive back from Cleveland, Ohio.

According to KPD spokesman Darrell DeBusk, the incident began at 1:43 a.m. at the Pilot station, 2218 Cumberland Ave., when officers were alerted to an armed robbery in progress.

When officers arrived, they found Corey B. Zickefoose, 20, Benjamin J. Everett, 19 and Corey M. Smith, 18, claiming to have been accosted by two men wearing black hoodies.

The trio told officers they were sitting in a 1998 Hyundai Elantra at the convenience store while a friend was inside the business. As they waited for their friend, a man opened the drivers door, brandished a handgun and stated, "Give me everything you have," DeBusk said.

A second man also wearing a black hoodie then opened the passenger door of the Hyundai and reiterated to the trio, "Give us everything you've got," DeBusk said.

The victims said they showed the two men their empty wallets and said they had no money. A third man then approached the car and told the other two men in hoodies, "We've got to go," DeBusk said.

The three men got into a 2010 Toyota Prius driven by a woman and fled the area.

Officers stopped the car on Neyland Drive near Leinard Lane after it had been seen near Gibbs Halls.

Police found Edwards, Richardson and Jackson in the car, which was driven by Marie Montmarquet, 22, DeBusk said.

A search of the Prius revealed a air-powered pellet pistol under the rear seat. Two black hoodies were seen in plain view in the back seat, DeBusk said.

In the car's glove box police found a marijuana grinder. Police found a clear plastic bag of suspected marijuana in Montmarquet's jacket pocket, DeBusk said.

Montmarquet told police the pot grinder and pot found in her jacket belonged to her, DeBusk said. She was charged with simple possession of pot and possession of drug parapharnalia.

The suspects were taken to the Pilot station where the three victims identified Edwards and Richardson as the two men in black hoodies who demanded their wallets.

More details as they develop online and in Friday's News Sentinel.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Re: Three Tenn football players arrested on attempted robbery charges.
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 07:20:57 AM »
Oh dear, robbery with a pellet gun and fleeing in a Prius..... Lil Lane better get those boys on some test, asap!

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2009, 07:22:46 AM »
they were wearing their tenn. gear too?

Lol

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2009, 07:30:33 AM »
they were wearing their tenn. gear too?

Lol

haha, Lane will blame it on Urban Meyer or SEC officials......LOL

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2009, 04:56:17 PM »
haha, Lane will blame it on Urban Meyer or SEC officials......LOL

If Steve Superior was still at UF he would probably have a classic comment.  I'll never forget when he said, "You can't spell 'Citrus' without UT."
~

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2009, 07:22:00 PM »
These kids are idiots. The world is yours on a silver platter, and you do something as stupid as this. The Jackson kid was the next Eric Berry, kid is only a Freshman. Dumb,dumb,dumb....................

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2009, 05:13:22 AM »
If Steve Superior was still at UF he would probably have a classic comment.  I'll never forget when he said, "You can't spell 'Citrus' without UT."

Spurrier used to be good entertainment. 

Funny story.  A friend of mine worked at a very prestigious golf course here in NC.  Spurrier was the head coach at UF at the time and came up to play with the Bull Gator Club.....he pitched a fit and threw a club and one of the main Bull Gator guys checked his ass right on the course.  As in "It's a priviledge for you to be playing here, don't ever embarass us again..."  hahaha  The ole ball coach complied like a good boy.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2009, 05:50:24 AM »
Spurrier used to be good entertainment. 

Funny story.  A friend of mine worked at a very prestigious golf course here in NC.  Spurrier was the head coach at UF at the time and came up to play with the Bull Gator Club.....he pitched a fit and threw a club and one of the main Bull Gator guys checked his ass right on the course.  As in "It's a priviledge for you to be playing here, don't ever embarass us again..."  hahaha  The ole ball coach complied like a good boy.

I always figured that despite his alpha personality, he was probably whipped like a dog at home.  Most guys like him are.

One exception, at least to hear his son tell it, was Vince Lombardi.  He once said that after the Ice Bowl victory, his family had a small party at their home, and after the party, his mother told his father, "Well, Coach, once again, congratulations."  He smiled and said, "Honey, here at home, you can call me Vince."   :D
~

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2009, 07:45:37 PM »
SEC at its best!!!!   Imagine Barkley robbing people at the gas station on Fig and Adams!!!!!
((-::

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2009, 07:58:15 PM »
SEC at its best!!!!   Imagine Barkley robbing people at the gas station on Fig and Adams!!!!!

USC players dont have to rob anyone, boosters cover all their expenses, duh ;)

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2009, 08:03:52 PM »
USC players dont have to rob anyone, boosters cover all their expenses, duh ;)
No   they rape gals in the team practice facility....then bail out of jail via USC/UCLA game tickets.

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2009, 09:03:32 PM »
No   they rape gals in the team practice facility....then bail out of jail via USC/UCLA game tickets.

Wow, robbery with a pellet gun don't seem so bad now

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2009, 09:06:06 PM »
Wow, robbery with a pellet gun don't seem so bad now
Those rapes were alleged though.   Especially Eric Wright, Hershal Dennis and Sanchez's!