Author Topic: Pats vs Colts.  (Read 13520 times)

body88

Re: Pats vs Colts.
« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2009, 08:35:52 PM »
What is Belichik smoking on that fourth down call???

Agreed.  That was the dumbest thing I've ever seen him do.  That just cost them the game.  A rare mistake, to bad it's going to make them lose. Colts will score on this drive.  This loss is on Belichick.  He played way to conservative when they pats were up huge.

body88

« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2009, 08:41:22 PM »
Bill Belichick, I love you, you're one of the greatest ever, but you cost the Patriots this game  Outrageously bad.  What In the FUCK was he thinking?

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2009, 08:44:43 PM »
Belichik is a 3 time superbowl winner...the answer as to why he made that decision is simple.....he's an arrogant dick....

body88

« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2009, 08:46:27 PM »
Belichik is a 3 time superbowl winner...the answer as to why he made that decision is simple.....he's an arrogant dick....

I don't agree with that at all.  I think he made a huge mistake. If it had been converted he'd be a hero.  Calling him an arrogant dick is a little extreme, imo.  Calling the timeout earlier was dumb, too.

body88

« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2009, 08:52:04 PM »

You're right, this is a sports board, and in the rules, it clearly states that if you are here to TROLL or your purpose is to act like a moron, you will be banned.  This is not Getbig as you know it, this is not the main board, this is a place for mature adults to talk sports.  I created this board, and the intention was to keep mindless flame artists like you and BFury out.  Talking a little smack is fine, but after looking at your posts, 90% of them are inflammatory and annoying.  If you don't like it leave.  

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2009, 08:55:44 PM »
I don't agree with that at all.  I think he made a huge mistake. If it had been converted he'd be a hero.

Agreed... He knew if he converted the down and moved the chains that the colts would not get the ball back with enough time to do anything. It was a risky gamble that unfortunately didn't pay off.

body88

« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2009, 08:56:51 PM »
Agreed... He knew if he converted the down and moved the chains that the colts would not get the ball back with enough time to do anything. It was a risky gamble that unfortunately didn't pay off.

That's how I see it, also.  Obviously he made a huge mistake and it was a dumb move in hindsight, but to say he did it because he is an arrogant dick is a bit over the top imo. 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2009, 09:00:17 PM »
He's either playing to win or playing not to lose. The latter happened.

You play the %'s at that stage of the game and rely on your defense to close out the game. That decision he made either reeks of arrogance or it's an obvious lack of confidence in his own defense.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2009, 09:03:41 PM »
what the fuck happened?  i turned the game off when the pats were winning 31 - 14

E
E

body88

« Reply #59 on: November 15, 2009, 09:04:25 PM »
He's either playing to win or playing not to lose. The latter happened.

You play the %'s at that stage of the game and rely on your defense to close out the game. That decision he made either reeks of arrogance or it's an obvious lack of confidence in his own defense.

Or a confidence in your conversation rate on fourth down this far. Still a stupid move.  But let's be honest....Faulk was an inch or two away from the 1st down.

body88

« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2009, 09:05:03 PM »
what the fuck happened?  i turned the game off when the pats were winning 31 - 14

E

Brutal game management, lol. 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2009, 09:07:44 PM »
Or a confidence in your conversation rate on fourth down this far. Still a stupid move.  But let's be honest....Faulk was an inch or two away from the 1st down.

I guess......still looks like a dick move. His own defensive players have to be second-guessing that decision. That can be a call that changes an entire season for the Patriots.

Not to be taken lightly......

body88

« Reply #62 on: November 15, 2009, 09:09:36 PM »
I guess......still looks like a dick move. His own defensive players have to be second-guessing that decision. That can be a call that changes an entire season for the Patriots.

Not to be taken likely......

It was a bad call for sure...but they are still 6-3, and clearly capable of beating the leagues best teams.  It's not even close to over.  I don't disagree with you that Belichick made a huge mistake, but I don't think it was motivated by arrogance.  I think he had a rare brain fart.  Anyone who watched that game saw that the Pats are capable of making a run...the colts just came out on top tonight.  Congrats to them.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: November 15, 2009, 09:12:36 PM »

Brutal game management, lol. 
bump for that

Im so glad i watched the entire game I was saying the whole time just wait the colts are still within striking distance and booom...the 4th down call was horse hockey though who does that shit?

body88

« Reply #64 on: November 15, 2009, 09:13:21 PM »
bump for that

Im so glad i watched the entire game I was saying the whole time just wait the colts are still within striking distance and booom...the 4th down call was horse hockey though who does that shit?

Belichick goes for it on 4th all the time, but tonight was a bad move. Stupid.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: November 15, 2009, 09:25:48 PM »
Belichick goes for it on 4th all the time, but tonight was a bad move. Stupid.
agreed you dont give manning the ball on the 30 and expect him not to score a touchdown.

I was totally expecting them to line up and try and draw them offsides...LOL when they snapped the ball I was like "OH SHIT THEIR GOING FOR IT" hahaha

body88

« Reply #66 on: November 15, 2009, 09:28:44 PM »
agreed you dont give manning the ball on the 30 and expect him not to score a touchdown.

I was totally expecting them to line up and try and draw them offsides...LOL when they snapped the ball I was like "OH SHIT THEIR GOING FOR IT" hahaha

Me too, haha.  What a crappy night for a Pats fan, lol. Oh well, on to next week and the hated Jets. 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #67 on: November 15, 2009, 09:46:04 PM »
agreed you dont give manning the ball on the 30 and expect him not to score a touchdown

That's it in a nut shell.

Where the field position was, you just don't go for it.

Had they beed on the 50 I'd even get it... another 20 yards can seem like a mile, but to give Peyton a scant 30 yards to score... You had to expect him to put it in the end zone.

This is arguably the best quarterback in the game today... Definitely without a doubt one of the top 3.

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #68 on: November 15, 2009, 10:04:13 PM »
Bill Belichick, I love you, you're one of the greatest ever, but you cost the Patriots this game  Outrageously bad.  What In the FUCK was he thinking?

Worst coaching decision I've seen in ages.  Arrogant bastard got what he deserved.  I feel bad for Brady (who was amazing), but I am pleased with the colts winning.  this game showed that manning is the best in the game though, despite his mistakes. Manning gets'r done w/much less talent too.

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #69 on: November 15, 2009, 10:12:43 PM »
I cant stop having this thought from a non fan, pure football theory standpoint: God, what the FUCK was bellichek thinking?  Its the colts!  you don't give peyton manning a short field.  The colts wouldn't have given the pats a short field.  stupid coaching.

body88

« Reply #70 on: November 15, 2009, 10:15:19 PM »
Worst coaching decision I've seen in ages.  Arrogant bastard got what he deserved.  I feel bad for Brady (who was amazing), but I am pleased with the colts winning.  this game showed that manning is the best in the game though, despite his mistakes. Manning gets'r done w/much less talent too.

Brady has had far less offensive talent around him for much longer than Manning....and he's been more successful (3 sb's to manning's 1 and a far superior playoff record with players you never heard of on O).  manning started of with Edge, Wayne, Stokley, Clark and Harrison.  Brady had no names like Branch, Givens Gaffney and Antoin Smith.  Manning couldn't "get r done" with some of the best talent ever, for the longest time.  If Manning wins a SB this year, you're statement might make a little more sense, but up until this point, Manning has failed more than he has succeeded with a GREAT offensive cast.  Manning has always had awesome weapons all over the place.  In 2007 when Brady got some top notch wr's (Moss and Welker) he had the best season of any qb ever, and he does not play in a dome.  He plays in the northeast elements, which is much tougher than a dome.  Both guys are awesome QB's, but to claim Manning is better due to getting it done with less talent is ludicrous.  Brady had a better night than Manning tonight.  Let's not act like the games best offensive line, Dallas Clark and Reggie Wayne are nothing special.

I'm not dissing Manning he is one of the greatest ever.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #71 on: November 15, 2009, 10:30:37 PM »
brady has had an elite defense on the other side of the ball, for years

manning never had that.

body88

« Reply #72 on: November 15, 2009, 10:34:59 PM »
brady has had an elite defense on the other side of the ball, for years

manning never had that.

That's not what we are talking about.  We are talking about winning games with subpar offensive talent.  The Patriots had a great defence for two of the three of their sb wins, but it was not the top defense in the NFL, and any advantage the Pats had due to those defences was negated by the huge advantage the colts had on offense.  Atwoine Smith, Graham, Givens, Branch and Johnson vs Wayne, Harrison, Clark, Edge (during his best years) and Stokley....lol.  The Colts playoff record speaks for itself it's .500

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #73 on: November 15, 2009, 10:39:30 PM »
you said manning has failed more than he has succeeded

i say its easy to succeed when your defense can force the opponent punt the ball every series

body88

« Reply #74 on: November 15, 2009, 10:46:36 PM »
you said manning has failed more than he has succeeded

i say its easy to succeed when your defense can force the opponent punt the ball every series

Really, so is Manning's defense the reason he won a sb, because the year he finally won one, he played awful (as usual) and the Colts had the top defense in the playoffs that year....and they bailed him out over and over.  Remember the Balt game which they won on fg's, only?  Btw, The pats had a poor defense in 2001(with 23 free agents) and top 10 D in 2003 and 2004...lets not exaggerate and make them out to be more than they were.  You act as if it was a D filled with HOF players.  It was very good, but it wasn't crazy good.  The Bottom line is that Manning has always had pro bowl offensive weapons to work with, and he's lost a lot more than he's won when it counted most. As shown tonight, the  better D does not always win.

Manning is a GREAT qb and one of the best ever.  The original statement was that Manning gets it done with less talent.  That is false, infact, historically, he's gotten it done less with more talent.  That's all I was saying.