Author Topic: The difference between science and religion!  (Read 10812 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: The difference between science and religion!
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2009, 09:41:54 PM »
O-Levels university Of cambridge
Quit my senior yr at univ of maryland (i ws 18 when i quit, 15 when i got accepted) (didn't wanna do biology as my parents were forcing me to)
Network +, CCNA,CCNP,CCIP, JNCIA,JNCIS,CCIE Written and CCSI
as a CCSI (cert cisco systems instructor) i've had the priv of teaching..amongst others..
SAIC (Science Application International Corporation), Department of Labor, DISA (Defense information systems Agency), FBI, Military.    good enuff for ya! :-*
if you have any doubt of this i can forward stells my resume! ;D
LOL so you have a bunch of certs...no degrees? lol its you who puts so much importance on such things not me, formal eduction doesnt equal intelligence in my mind...

why dont you try addressing my points as to your idiocy in logic in morals instead of simply picking and choosing from my post?  ;)

again so murder, rape, and theft are morally acceptable to you and your justifications for your morals?  8)
I bet you wouldnt agree to that but the basis for your morals says different  ;)

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2009, 02:13:39 AM »
LOL so you have a bunch of certs...no degrees? lol its you who puts so much importance on such things not me, formal eduction doesnt equal intelligence in my mind...

unless ya have a engineering degree its all meh...
carpe` vaginum!

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2009, 06:03:45 AM »
unless ya have a engineering degree its all meh...
why dont you try addressing my points as to your idiocy in logic in morals instead of simply picking and choosing from my post? 

again so murder, rape, and theft are morally acceptable to you and your justifications for your morals?   
I bet you wouldnt agree to that but the basis for your morals says different 

OneBigMan

« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2009, 05:26:24 PM »
I already see that the last reply to this topic was five days ago on the 7th of this month. I wanted to try and continue and discuss the difference between science and religion. There may not be much else to add besides a observation about this year called 2009.

The one example about the year 2009 that might have a connection to science and religion is symbolicly how so many seemingly short-lived seasonal periods into the fall during 2009 was used to make and release one movie that is either about this year as 2009 in some incomplete way or how three later years from this calendar year there is actually a film in the theaters for the last three or more weekends since November that is named after the year that seemingly is a number of years ahead of 2009 which obviously is the the film named after the year 2012.

Besides the fact that I have not seen this film simply called 2012, the release of the 2012 movie this year during 2009 is hard to completely digest in a number of puzzling ways.  The most puzzling way that might have to do with science and religion is what do the makers of that 2012 movie know about 2012 besides the December date about 2012 that still is three different years beyond 2009 and so much of a Nostradamus type of unproven prophecy that is a ploy to create a reaction on the level of alarm and too much concern.   

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2009, 05:50:22 PM »

again so murder, rape, and theft are morally acceptable to you and your justifications for your morals?   

yes totally morally acceptable...

now what?

i answered your question around 4 times in this thread....2 bad you cant comprehend the answer
carpe` vaginum!

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2009, 05:52:14 PM »
I already see that the last reply to this topic was five days ago on the 7th of this month. I wanted to try and continue and discuss the difference between science and religion. There may not be much else to add besides a observation about this year called 2009.
<post edited> 

buy the latest issue of skeptic magazine and read the 2012 article
http://www.skeptic.com/the_magazine/

carpe` vaginum!

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2009, 05:53:54 PM »

LOL, you have to be the most self contradicting person I've ever seen.  YOU read skeptic? lol...

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2009, 06:10:46 PM »
LOL, you have to be the most self contradicting person I've ever seen.  YOU read skeptic? lol...

yes i do....its always good to keep learning...

i dont wanna be stuck in my current belief system for ever....that'd be like being every other religious person perpetually stuck with the belief system they were born into....right?

not to sound like a cliche...but knowlodge is power
carpe` vaginum!

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2009, 06:27:38 PM »
yes i do....its always good to keep learning...

i dont wanna be stuck in my current belief system for ever....that'd be like being every other religious person perpetually stuck with the belief system they were born into....right?

not to sound like a cliche...but knowlodge is power
you're the guy that once told me I shouldn't bother watching a show National Geographic did on the Moon Landing Conspiracy.  Who are you and what have you done with Toxic? :D

it'll be bulshit and not worth watching..they will pretend to analyse both sides seriously..only to shoot down the conspiracy firmly at the end

..the show will end with a..hey we looked at both sides fairly  and the conspiracy theorists are wrong feel to it

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2009, 06:30:22 PM »
you're the guy that once told me I shouldn't bother watching a show National Geographic did on the Moon Landing Conspiracy.  Who are you and what have you done with Toxic? :D

i just dont constantly drink anymore....hell i dont have time......i used to go thru 2 pints of remi/day

drinking is reserved for once every 4 or so months glass of wine with steak dealie

and honestly...i dont miss is...as long as i am not bored...and my technical books provide me with plenty of entertainment...sad i know but i just cant stand being bored
carpe` vaginum!

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: December 12, 2009, 06:48:44 PM »
i just dont constantly drink anymore....hell i dont have time......i used to go thru 2 pints of remi/day

drinking is reserved for once every 4 or so months glass of wine with steak dealie

and honestly...i dont miss is...as long as i am not bored...and my technical books provide me with plenty of entertainment...sad i know but i just cant stand being bored
well I think you're on the right track.  Before you seemed willing to buy into whatever video someone put together as the end of the story, gospel truth.  Listening to the skeptics is good.  Listening to both sides is good.  But beware, skeptics can be just as bad.  I've picked up Skeptic a few times and the only problem I have with them is that they don't believe anything has ever happened of a conspiratorial nature or ever will.  They sell their magazines to debunk CT's and they're willing to debunk them all.  They do not enter the debate with an open mind..  So don't read them as gospel either.  The guy that runs Skeptic also does a lot of TV appearances and he's one of those guys that like to show up with laughter and mockery in hand which I've always hated in a skeptic.  If they have the proof to debunk the theory, they shouldn't need to show up with mockery in their debate box.  That's only used to gain an immediate undeserved upperhand with the viewer, like they start out on a higher moral ground than the theorist.  unfortunately this tool is a favorite among skeptics.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #61 on: December 12, 2009, 06:53:37 PM »
well I think you're on the right track.

thanx mate...

Before you seemed willing to buy into whatever video someone put together as the end of the story, gospel truth.  Listening to the skeptics is good.  Listening to both sides is good.  But beware, skeptics can be just as bad.  I've picked up Skeptic a few times and the only problem I have with them is that they don't believe anything has ever happened of a conspiratorial nature or ever will.  They sell their magazines to debunk CT's and they're willing to debunk them all.  They do not enter the debate with an open mind..

before mate i used to be nicely buzzed by 9:30 am(liquor store opened at 9).....finish a pint by 12ish pm..go to bed...wake up by 3:30ish....go teach..come home by 11ish and get plastered again...THAT much drinkings bound to make ya stupid eventually

i read skeptic with a critical eye...they on ocassion come across an almost pompous...but its always a good bathroom read... :)
carpe` vaginum!

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #62 on: December 12, 2009, 08:10:13 PM »

I got that.  Good article. 

OneBigMan

« Reply #63 on: December 13, 2009, 06:42:36 PM »

I would rather not read Skeptic magazine so symbolicly, the way the cover of that very late post 2008 up to date issue of Skeptic magazine was illustrated to look, I would say that there is too much emphasis being placed on the year 2012 being the name of a 2009 movie three years ahead of this one.

What is it about 2009 that already has a movie called 2012 in a hypothetical fictional look into three next years that have been too anticipated when this year is still here despite the feeling that such a short lived amount of fall months in this holiday season of 2009?

Can Any Scientologist explain that or can the difference between science and religion be used to explain that or does the two words leap year have a second definition that causes a lot of reinterpretation from what is said to be a leap year on the added 29th of February four years apart. The extra meaning of a leap year might have more importance outside the recognition of the Gregorian calendar from what a February leap year has been along with the fact that 2012 is supposed to be another Gregorian calendar leap year despite the fact or fiction that the Mayan calendar, not the Gregorian calendar, is believed to be the reason why 2012 is being explained to be the Nostradamus type of unproven prophecy by any of the experts that make their living off of trying to be like Nostradamus.

theonlyone

« Reply #64 on: April 07, 2010, 07:44:18 AM »
When you're thirsty and it seems that you could drink the entire ocean that's faith; when you start to drink and finish only a glass or two that's science.
Toxic what a stupid guy you are

Rhino

• Getbig IV
  • Jesus Christ is lord and savior
« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2010, 03:16:36 AM »
I think that science and religion go hand in hand and are truely compatible with each other. 
X

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2010, 12:02:33 PM »
I think that science and religion go hand in hand and are truely compatible with each other. 

Surprisingly...and i've only done with for 1 religion...Islam (cause parents r muslim)....i ws looking for a link between science and religion (it ws a beer drinking kinda day) and ...actually searching for evidence of UFOS in religious texts...and i came across this
...i had found a  better site ...a quick check tells me this is not the one but its something...
http://www.islamicity.com/science/

on the flip side...scientific errors in the koran
http://www.bibleandscience.com/science/quran.htm
carpe` vaginum!