Author Topic: Obama Urges Congress to Delay Fort Hood Investigation  (Read 1855 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Obama Urges Congress to Delay Fort Hood Investigation
« on: November 14, 2009, 09:16:48 AM »
President Obama on Saturday urged Congress to hold off on any investigation of the Fort Hood rampage until federal law enforcement and military authorities have completed their probes into the shootings at the Texas Army post, which left 13 people dead.

On an eight-day Asia trip, Obama turned his attention home and pleaded for lawmakers to "resist the temptation to turn this tragic event into the political theater." He said those who died on the nation's largest Army post deserve justice, not political stagecraft.

"The stakes are far too high," Obama said in a video and Internet address released by the White House while the president he was flying from Tokyo to Singapore, where Pacific Rim countries were meeting.

Army psychiatrist Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, 39, was charged on Thursday with the shooting spree at Fort Hood last week. Army investigators have said Hasan is the only suspect and could face additional charges.

Obama already had ordered a review of all intelligence related to Hasan and whether the information was properly shared and acted upon within government agencies. Several members of Congress, particularly Michigan Rep. Peter Hoekstra, the top Republican on the House Intelligence Committee, have also called for a full examination of what agencies knew about Hasan's contacts with a radical Muslim cleric in Yemen and others of concern to the U.S.

Hoekstra confirmed this week that government officials knew of about 10 to 20 e-mails between Hasan and the radical imam, beginning in December 2008.

A joint terrorism task force overseen by the FBI learned late last year of Hasan's repeated contact with the cleric, who encouraged Muslims to kill U.S. troops in Iraq. The FBI said the task force did not refer early information about Hasan to superiors because it concluded he wasn't linked to terrorism.

Lawmakers, however, already have announced they want their own investigations and were frustrated with what they view as a less-than-forthcoming administration.

Rep. Howard McKeon, R-Calif., said he wanted to go ahead with an investigation from the House Armed Services Committee, where he is the top Republican. He said he wanted an investigation that wouldn't compromise law enforcement or military investigations that were continuing on separate tracks.

In the Senate, Sen. Joe Lieberman, a Connecticut independent, said his Homeland Security Committee was opening an investigation.

Obama said he was not opposed to hearings -- eventually. But he strongly pressed lawmakers to hold off until the probes now under way are completed.

"There is an ongoing investigation into this terrible tragedy," Obama said. "That investigation will look at the motives of the alleged gunman, including his views and contacts."

"We must compile every piece of information that was known about the gunman, and we must learn what was done with that information. Once we have those facts, we must act upon them."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/11/14/obama-urges-congress-delay-fort-hood-investigation/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%253A+foxnews%252Flatest+%2528FOXNews.com+-+Latest+Headlines%2529

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Obama Urges Congress to Delay Fort Hood Investigation
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 09:25:38 AM »
There is an ongoing investigation into this terrible tragedy," Obama said. "That investigation will look at the motives of the alleged gunman, including his views and contacts."

"We must compile every piece of information that was known about the gunman, and we must learn what was done with that information. Once we have those facts, we must act upon them."

________________________ ________________________ ____

Just think of how ridiculous our idiot president is in these remarks. 

1.  "Terrible tragedy"?   WTF - it was a premediated attack and atrocity, not a tragedy.  A tragedy is a car accident or terrible freak accident like a roller coaster going off the rails.

2.  "Will look at the motives?"   WTF does he think this asshole did this because the food was bad at the base? 

3.  "Alleged gunman"  -  is there any doubt?  Gunman?  Was this a fucking robbery?  How about the murderer or terrorist? 

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 09:30:34 AM »
There is an ongoing investigation into this terrible tragedy," Obama said. "That investigation will look at the motives of the alleged gunman, including his views and contacts."

________________________ ________________________ ____

Just think of how ridiculous our idiot president is in these remarks. 

1.  "Terrible tragedy"?   WTF - it was a premediated attack and atrocity, not a tragedy.  A tragedy is a car accident or terrible freak accident like a roller coaster going off the rails.

2.  "Will look at the motives?"   WTF does he think this asshole did this because the food was bad at the base? 

3.  "Alleged gunman"  -  is there any doubt?  Gunman?  Was this a fucking robbery?  How about the murderer or terrorist? 

That's the difference Between Bush and Obama. Bush didn't f**k around and went right after the terrorists (this guy IS a terrorist by all accounts).

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 09:38:09 AM »
That's the difference Between Bush and Obama. Bush didn't f**k around and went right after the terrorists (this guy IS a terrorist by all accounts).

Bush started the 911 investigation immediately.

Wait, no.  He waited 441 days before starting an investigation.  Only after the 911 widows started their own investigations, and sat in Congress' lunch halls begging on a daily basis.  And he only gave it $13 mil.

NOW yall see why people were so pissed about it.  Challenger, pearl harbor, and JFK all had investigations start within 1 week.  And Obama should be investigating this shit immediately.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2009, 12:00:47 PM »
President Obama on Saturday urged Congress to hold off on any investigation of the Fort Hood rampage until federal law enforcement and military authorities have completed their probes into the shootings at the Texas Army post, which left 13 people dead.

I don't see the problem with waiting until LE is done doing their job. 

and YES this was a tragedy

getting gunned down by a nut bag is a tragedy any way you look at it

333 once again you are a fucking moron

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2009, 12:03:25 PM »

How?  I commented on his garbage statement which is a joke. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2009, 12:07:18 PM »
How?  I commented on his garbage statement which is a joke. 

yeah his "garbage statement" is for Congress to wait until LE is done doing their job and that "those who died on the nation's largest Army post deserve justice, not political stagecraft."

sounds completely rational to me.

You, of course, are an irrational moron which is the root of most if not all of your problems

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2009, 12:10:48 PM »

A tragedy implies it was unforseen, unable to have been stopped, a freak accident, sort of like a car accident, earthquake, or flood.

This was a cold blooded murder by a islamic fanatic.  Its an atrocity, a murder, a terroist attack, etc.  

Bower-in-Chief uses his words carefully and all but you freaks on the left know this.  

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2009, 12:18:00 PM »
A tragedy implies it was unforseen, unable to have been stopped, a freak accident, sort of like a car accident, earthquake, or flood.

This was a cold blooded murder by a islamic fanatic.  Its an atrocity, a murder, a terroist attack, etc.  

Bower-in-Chief uses his words carefully and all but you freaks on the left know this.  

there are many definitions of the word but even by your own limited definition this was a tragedy.

Do you think the people who werekilled saw it coming (answer = no, therefore unforseen and unable to have been stopped = your definition)

If a chronic drunk driver kills an innocent victim it's still a tragedy even though everyone knew the guy was a drunk.

Main Entry: trag·e·dy
Pronunciation: \ˈtra-jə-dē\
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural trag·e·dies
Etymology: Middle English tragedie, from Middle French, from Latin tragoedia, from Greek tragōidia, from tragos goat (akin to Greek trōgein to gnaw) + aeidein to sing — more at troglodyte, ode
Date: 14th century
1 a : a medieval narrative poem or tale typically describing the downfall of a great man b : a serious drama typically describing a conflict between the protagonist and a superior force (as destiny) and having a sorrowful or disastrous conclusion that elicits pity or terror c : the literary genre of tragic dramas
2 a : a disastrous event : calamity b : misfortune
3 : tragic quality or element

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2009, 12:21:50 PM »
there are many definitions of the word but even by your own limited definition this was a tragedy.

Do you think the people who werekilled saw it coming (answer = no, therefore unforseen and uable to have been stopped = your definition)

If a chronic drunk driver kills an innocent victim it's still a tragedy even though everyone knew the guy was a drunk.

Main Entry: trag·e·dy
Pronunciation: \ˈtra-jə-dē\
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural trag·e·dies
Etymology: Middle English tragedie, from Middle French, from Latin tragoedia, from Greek tragōidia, from tragos goat (akin to Greek trōgein to gnaw) + aeidein to sing — more at troglodyte, ode
Date: 14th century
1 a : a medieval narrative poem or tale typically describing the downfall of a great man b : a serious drama typically describing a conflict between the protagonist and a superior force (as destiny) and having a sorrowful or disastrous conclusion that elicits pity or terror c : the literary genre of tragic dramas
2 a : a disastrous event : calamity b : misfortune
3 : tragic quality or element

If I had a family memeber killed by this freak, I would be blaming the killer as well as the Army.  They were on ample notice of the freak show on their hands with this fanatic and we too pc to deal with him. 

Those who did nothing have blood on their hands.   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2009, 12:33:22 PM »
If I had a family memeber killed by this freak, I would be blaming the killer as well as the Army.  They were on ample notice of the freak show on their hands with this fanatic and we too pc to deal with him. 

Those who did nothing have blood on their hands.   

no one is saying they should not blame the army as it certainly seems there were plenty of warnings signs but maybe you should wait until at least the initial investigation is done before you start jumping to conclusions.  That would be the rationale and sane approach

you know this kind of reminds me of another "non-tragedy" (going by your lame definition).  The Bush Administration had abundant warnings about 9-11 and didn't do jack shit.    I wonder if Obama got any Presidential Daily Briefing about a radicalized army phyciatrist who might crack and start killing people?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2009, 12:37:23 PM »
no one is saying they should not blame the army as it certainly seems there were plenty of warnings signs but maybe you should wait until at least the initial investigation is done before you start jumping to conclusions.  That would be the rationale and sane approach

you know this kind of reminds me of another "non-tragedy" (going by your lame definition).  The Bush Administration had abundant warnings about 9-11 and didn't do jack shit.    I wonder if Obama got any Presidential Daily Briefing about a radicalized army phyciatrist who might crack and start killing people?

I am not blaming him for this occuring.  however, when you have a doctor who is supposed to give a speech on medicine and instead gives a ranting on kiling infedels and cutting throats, etc, most sane people realize there is a problem that needs to be dealt with.  Additonally, this guy was trying to convert soldiers in therapy to islam!   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2009, 12:40:37 PM »
I am not blaming him for this occuring.  however, when you have a doctor who is supposed to give a speech on medicine and instead gives a ranting on kiling infedels and cutting throats, etc, most sane people realize there is a problem that needs to be dealt with.  Additonally, this guy was trying to convert soldiers in therapy to islam!   

Dude - from the info in the media it certainly looks like the Army dropped the ball and if you'd just shut your pie hole for a few weeks you might actually see them acknowledge some blame.   Do you think the people in the military who could have stopped this guy feel good about what happened?   It's a fucking tragedy for eveyone involved and for our country too.  Why don't you just shut up about it for a few weeks.  There will still be plenty of time and other topics for you to spout off like an idiot.  Why don't you give this one a rest.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2009, 12:43:39 PM »
Dude - from the info in the media it certainly looks like the Army dropped the ball and if you'd just shut your pie hole for a few weeks you might actually see them acknowledge some blame.   Do you think the people in the military who could have stopped this guy feel good about what happened?   It's a fucking tragedy for eveyone involved and for our country too.  Why don't you just shut up about it for a few weeks.  There will still be plenty of time and other topics for you to spout off like an idiot.  Why don't you give this one a rest.

I dont care how the people who dropped the ball feel.  THIS TYPE OF THING SHOULD HOPEFULLY NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN!  whether this guy was a white supremisist, hindu, whatever, and acting like this, I cant believe that they just let this crap go. 

I am very certain that all these agencies who knew about this guy are in full CYA mode and possibly destroying evidence that embarasses themselves. 

Its completely outrageous that this guy was not dealt with.   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2009, 12:51:32 PM »
I dont care how the people who dropped the ball feel.  THIS TYPE OF THING SHOULD HOPEFULLY NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN!  whether this guy was a white supremisist, hindu, whatever, and acting like this, I cant believe that they just let this crap go. 

I am very certain that all these agencies who knew about this guy are in full CYA mode and possibly destroying evidence that embarasses themselves. 

Its completely outrageous that this guy was not dealt with.   

I've got some bad news for you.  Something like this will happen again and probably sometime soon.  It most likely won't be the military and it probably won't a guy who is mentally ill from his religion but there will be another guy who loses it and decides to take a gun and go kill a bunch of innocent people.   After it happens there will be people around to tell us about all the "warning signs" and we'll wonder again why no one did anything to stop the guy before he snapped.

It's a nice touch though that you think "all these agencies" will go into CYA mode and destroy evidence. 

Are you saying we can't trust our military?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2009, 12:56:56 PM »
I've got some bad news for you.  Something like this will happen again and probably sometime soon.  It most likely won't be the military and it probably won't a guy who is mentally ill from his religion but there will be another guy who loses it and decides to take a gun and go kill a bunch of innocent people.   After it happens there will be people around to tell us about all the "warning signs" and we'll wonder again why no one did anything to stop the guy before he snapped.

It's a nice touch though that you think "all these agencies" will go into CYA mode and destroy evidence. 

Are you saying we can't trust our military?

I dont trust any of these agencies anymore to do the right thing. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2009, 01:02:42 PM »
I dont trust any of these agencies anymore to do the right thing. 

so you don't trust the military or the government

do you trust anyone (other than Palin of course)?

BodyProSite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2009, 01:04:03 PM »
ANYTHING THAT COMES OUT OF THIS PRESIDENTS MOUTH IS A JOKE

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2009, 01:06:03 PM »
so you don't trust the military or the government

do you trust anyone (other than Palin of course)?

There is a story out I will post it about how the FBI framed a ton of people to CYA over the invovement with the mob. 

After reading the details, I was horrified. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2009, 01:17:32 PM »
There is a story out I will post it about how the FBI framed a ton of people to CYA over the invovement with the mob. 

After reading the details, I was horrified. 

so do you think that reflects on the entire FBI or just those people?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2009, 02:35:58 PM »

You, like Bush is a complete toolbag idiot that can't string together reality for two seconds.

BodyProSite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2009, 02:42:06 PM »
at least in bush reality the ue was 6 and 7 %  whats your reality ??

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2009, 03:50:49 PM »
so do you think that reflects on the entire FBI or just those people?

I believe most of these agencies will do whatever they have to CYA. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2009, 04:51:26 PM »
I believe most of these agencies will do whatever they have to CYA. 

yep, was probably 12% under bush and is probably 18 or 20 now.  dollar sucks, what can ya do?