Author Topic: Cool old article by Anthony Ditillo on dieting down with high fats  (Read 2338 times)

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
This next diet is the one that I have been all along leading up to. It is the latest one I have tried and is, so far, by far the best. I ran into this theory some time ago while. Do you fellows remember a while back when the ‘high protein and cream’ diet was popular? Most claims were very impressive to say the least. And it was this diet which first prompted me to try my variation of it. I read how those famous bodybuilders would live primarily on a high protein diet mixed with cream and drunk throughout the day. Most of these fellows claimed that this type of diet really enabled them to grow like mad and also, they lost excess fat from around the midsection while their training energy really soared. Now I always understood this theory. The high protein assured the trainee that his muscles were fully nourished and the high fat (cream) part of the diet would perk up the metabolism and allow him to oxidate more body fat while the high caloric value of the cream would give the trainee more than adequate training energy. The end result: increased muscle size and strength, decreased body fat. The bodybuilder’s dream come true! The answer to the most frustrating problem of them all: how to lose excess body fat while you build or maintain muscle. So you see, it was not that I did not fully understand this particular method of weight reduction that made me go into the other various methods of weight loss, rather it was the depressing awareness that I had always loved and enjoyed eating and I would never be able to get used to eating only protein powder and cream no matter how fast I gained while doing so. So although I read and reread the many claims made for this revolutionary type of diet, I had never tried it myself.

Since by now my enthusiasm knew no bounds, I had to try such a diet on myself while using weight training as a physical catalyst. At the local heath foods store I purchased one quart of safflower oil and one container of 96% protein powder. My diet would consist primarily of protein supplements, various complete protein foods and no more than sixty grams of carbohydrates per day. As far as the high fat portion of my diet was concerned, I relied upon safflower oil used in cooking and corn oil margarine used throughout the day on my various foods with hopes that these measures would not only give me an abundant protein supply, but a high energy level (from the fats) and a desired well-roundedness (from the inclusion of the carbohydrates) which would insure proper weight loss, proper muscle growth and last but not least, proper energy level. The following paragraph shall explain the results of this experiment.

When I began to incorporate this training down procedure into my living habits at first I was alarmed at the amount of change I would have to undergo. Certain foods would have to be excluded from the diet, certain ones added. But after a while, when the results began to show, I knew I was on the right track and I did not mind the various inconveniences I had up to that point encountered. I ate approximately six meals per day and at each meal I would have some form of protein and some form of polyunsaturated fat. I would really take in the protein and I was always sure that my intake of water was adequate to insure proper ‘ventilation’ of the urinary tract. Thus I made sure that no protein waste was left over in the colon or liver, etc. My sources of carbohydrates were natural in content. A few pieces of fresh fruit and vegetables per day. My training was geared for bulk and power, high sets of low reps with limit poundages. I trained at a fast pace, not resting for more than two minutes for each set, and I trained three times per week.

In the beginning, my weight began to drop slowly but surely, from a high of 260 lbs. down to 248. Up until this time I had no trouble with either training energy or training poundages. Both were more than adequate. But as time went by and I began to lose more and more bodyweight the limit lifts also began to recede, once again, little by little. I did not let this deter me, however, and I continued on with my experiment, come what may. My squat had dropped from 515 at 260 lbs. down to 465 at a bodyweight of 245. I noticed that my training energy wasn’t lacking at all. It just seemed that the power just was not there the way it used to be and come what may, I just couldn’t shake the feeling that once again I was wrong with the method I had incorporated to bring about the sought after results.

Approximately five weeks ago I weighed in at 238. My squat was down to 425 lbs. My energy was more than adequate, however, at this time. It was then that I decided to use more of the fats in my diet. Three times per day, after each of my main meals, I would fill a whiskey glass with safflower oil and I would drink it down. I forced myself to bear the taste until now I don’t mind it at all. And suddenly things began to happen. First of all, my weight shot down to 228 in a matter of days. And for the first time since I began the experiment my lifts began to improve. Up, up, up went my squat. Down, down, down went bodyweight and most important of all, my waistline. And all the while I was simply overjoyed at the entire affair. It seemed that at last I had found the right way for me.

Today, at a bodyweight of 225, I squatted to just above parallel with 505 lbs. My waist is seven inches smaller than when I began the experiment. My chest is still 54” and my arms are almost 20”. My thighs are 31” measured while standing relaxed. I have about fifteen more pounds to lose and then my experiment will be over. In a few weeks I shall have reached my goal.

A

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
Re: Cool old article by Anthony Ditillo on dieting down with high fats
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 03:12:02 PM »
Vince Gironda was all about high fats and low carbs, worked for him and his clients.

disturbia

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 03:30:39 PM »
does safflower oil=olive oil?

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 03:36:17 PM »
does safflower oil=olive oil?

new evidence shows polyunsaturated oils are the worst oils next to trans fats, also Ditillo mention eating good ol margirine, wich made me cringe thinking how he was killing himself and not knowing about transfats in his day :(
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2009, 03:37:45 PM »
Vince Gironda was all about high fats and low carbs, worked for him and his clients.

i just added 2 pints of ben and jerrys to my diet but still consuming about 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil per hour seems to do the trick as far as energy and fatloss is concerned, im also consuming moderate amounts of orange juice
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2009, 03:39:05 PM »
good ole sebastian bach weegar falcons is my kinda "crazy" intense focusing music as well as relaxing

A

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2009, 03:55:58 PM »
i just added 2 pints of ben and jerrys to my diet but still consuming about 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil per hour seems to do the trick as far as energy and fatloss is concerned, im also consuming moderate amounts of orange juice
The low carb high fat diet you will crave sugar, small amounts to cure the craving is acceptable for fat loss but too much and the calories come into play of which will result in fat gain

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2009, 03:59:45 PM »
The low carb high fat diet you will crave sugar, small amounts to cure the craving is acceptable for fat loss but too much and the calories come into play of which will result in fat gain
well the high fat from olive oil has been proven to improve insulin sensitity, or in other words allowing you to get away with more carbs or the carbs are more likely turned into muscle to an extent
A