Author Topic: Manny Pacquiao the Greatest Boxer Since Muhammad Ali  (Read 12458 times)

cheftim

• Getbig III
Re: Manny Pacquiao the Greatest Boxer Since Muhammad Ali
« Reply #75 on: March 12, 2010, 09:08:59 PM »
And you think Mayweather needs Manny? What happens when Mayweather beats Mosley? His market value goes up. What happens if Pac beats Clottey, his stays the same and has a chance of going down if Clottey puts up a good fight. When both fights are done and both win, Mayweather is in a much better position than before. Not to mention Mayweather and Mosley are going to do much bigger PPV buys. Pretty good business sense on Arum eh?  ::)

Let's not forget Manny has been defeated. He's been knocked out twice earlier in his career. Marquez arguably beat him at least one of the two ULTRA close fights, the man Mayweather made look like an amateur. The only reason anyone has Manny ahead on the P4P list is because Floyd retired and gave it up.

Oh, I understand the business, but what kind of business is it to make your fighter look like a cheater and completely tarnish his rep? Humm eh?
I only needed to read the first two sentences of your post. Where's Floyd gonna go? The guy ducks everybody. The greatest fighters fight the greatest fighters. Fighting Mosley is the first time Floyd is putting his nuts on the chopping block. The only reason he agreed to fight Mosley is because he had no choice! Who was he gonna fight? Malinaggi? Baby Bull? Hattons brother? Marquez had to gain 17 lbs! Mayweather didn't even disclose his weight come fight night. Before that fight he was sitting on the shelf. The difference here is? If Manny looses he'll retire and we'll never here from him again. Mayweather looses once? He's gonna keep fighting and keep loosing. Just like Roy Jones.

Mayweather tried. He's not Derek Jeter. He's not Tiger Woods. He's not Jordan. Last time I saw. Nike signed Manny.

Valane

• Getbig II
« Reply #76 on: March 12, 2010, 09:23:00 PM »
And you think Mayweather needs Manny? What happens when Mayweather beats Mosley? His market value goes up. What happens if Pac beats Clottey, his stays the same and has a chance of going down if Clottey puts up a good fight. When both fights are done and both win, Mayweather is in a much better position than before. Not to mention Mayweather and Mosley are going to do much bigger PPV buys. Pretty good business sense on Arum eh?  ::)

Let's not forget Manny has been defeated. He's been knocked out twice earlier in his career. Marquez arguably beat him at least one of the two ULTRA close fights, the man Mayweather made look like an amateur. The only reason anyone has Manny ahead on the P4P list is because Floyd retired and gave it up.

Oh, I understand the business, but what kind of business is it to make your fighter look like a cheater and completely tarnish his rep? Humm eh?

Mayweather was fighting a past his prime version of Marquez, about 14 lb+ removed from the weight that Manny thought him at. A joke of a fight that nobody thought would be competative or wanted to see.

I would make Mayweather a big favourite against Pac based upon styles. They have both been just as managed career wise as one another and both had their role to play in the fight not coming off.

Neither of them would fare well against guys like prime Mosley, De La Hoya, Whitaker at welter.

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #77 on: March 12, 2010, 09:24:22 PM »
I only needed to read the first two sentences of your post. Where's Floyd gonna go? The guy ducks everybody. The greatest fighters fight the greatest fighters. Fighting Mosley is the first time Floyd is putting his nuts on the chopping block. The only reason he agreed to fight Mosley is because he had no choice! Who was he gonna fight? Malinaggi? Baby Bull? Hattons brother? Marquez had to gain 17 lbs! Mayweather didn't even disclose his weight come fight night. Before that fight he was sitting on the shelf. The difference here is? If Manny looses he'll retire and we'll never here from him again. Mayweather looses once? He's gonna keep fighting and keep loosing. Just like Roy Jones.

Mayweather tried. He's not Derek Jeter. He's not Tiger Woods. He's not Jordan. Last time I saw. Nike signed Manny.

Who has Mayweather ducked? Mayweather fought Oscar, when Oscar was not too far off his prime and not weight drained -- you see, Pac always has an edge in his fights, he fights weight drained opponents or opponents over the hill. Roach always finds a strong advantage over Pac's opponents. He even admitted to the media before the Oscar fight that Oscar couldnt pull the trigger anymore and can't make that weight successfully. He was right, and even though people though that Oscar would win, which I didn't, it was an easy, calculated and safe fight for pac. Roach has a very keen eye for this. He knows Mayweather will beat Pac, and there's no way Pac is going into that fight clean hence the walk away from a 30 million dollar tablespoon of blood.

Mayweathers fought Judah, Hatton, who he softened up for Pac, Castillo, Marquez, Baldomir, and the list goes on. Pac has chosen what should be an easy opponent tomorrow night, Mayweather could have fought any of those you listed and would have been no different but he's taking on a legit challenge. I don't see your point. When the dust settles, Floyd will be in the drivers seat.

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #78 on: March 12, 2010, 09:26:44 PM »

Mayweather was fighting a past his prime version of Marquez, about 14 lb+ removed from the weight that Manny thought him at. A joke of a fight that nobody thought would be competative or wanted to see.

I would make Mayweather a big favourite against Pac based upon styles. They have both been just as managed career wise as one another and both had their role to play in the fight not coming off.

Neither of them would fare well against guys like prime Mosley, De La Hoya, Whitaker at welter.

You know what, Oscar is one of my all-time favorites fighters, but I have to wonder how much better prime Oscar would have done against that version of Pac he fought that night. Mind you that weight drain issue had to play a huge role

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #79 on: March 12, 2010, 09:29:40 PM »
soda popinski had my nod

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #80 on: March 13, 2010, 07:19:45 AM »
ha ha mayweathers market value goes up with a win over Mosley? ::)

please...Mosley is what? 38-39 years old...of course Floyd would agree to fight him now he's a Senior citizen as far as fighters go....this fight means nothing....
DAWG

Purple Aki

• Getbig IV
  • penisory contact with her volvo.
« Reply #81 on: March 13, 2010, 07:30:46 AM »

please...Mosley is what? 38-39 years old...of course Floyd would agree to fight him now he's a Senior citizen as far as fighters go....this fight means nothing....

I'm looking forward to this fight - I honestly think Mosley can give him trouble.

Also, it would be nice to see Mosley smash Floyd, as he's always come across as a decent kind of chap (if you ignore the steroids and epo stuff).

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: March 13, 2010, 07:36:21 AM »
I'm looking forward to this fight - I honestly think Mosley can give him trouble.

Also, it would be nice to see Mosley smash Floyd, as he's always come across as a decent kind of chap (if you ignore the steroids and epo stuff).

oh don't get me wrong I will be watching the fight....And I would like to see Mosely get the win...but I just think this fight is happening alot later than it should have....
DAWG

Purple Aki

• Getbig IV
« Reply #83 on: March 13, 2010, 07:44:55 AM »
oh don't get me wrong I will be watching the fight....And I would like to see Mosely get the win...but I just think this fight is happening alot later than it should have....

Oh, definitely. Floyd's struck me as being a little risk averse of late, esp compared to earlier in his career.

rudylrichards

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #84 on: March 13, 2010, 07:45:38 AM »
Pacquiao = Overated & overhyped.  Devastating ko against a no chin Hattan,  Couldn't even hurt a washed up De La Hoya aftyer hitting him so many times, tko against a shot Cotto.  He will lose tonight against the 1st fighter he's faced in their prime w excellent chin.  I give him credit to take fight but he should've fought Mayweather and collect his last big payday.  His stock goes way down after he's exposed tonight.

Mayweather = pound 4 pound best in the game righ now, shoulda fought and beat Pacquiao easily.  No one else will bring that much money, and to simple shut up all the manny nut huggers who knows nothing  

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: March 13, 2010, 08:00:26 AM »
Pacquiao = Overated & overhyped.  Devastating ko against a no chin Hattan,  Couldn't even hurt a washed up De La Hoya aftyer hitting him so many times, tko against a shot Cotto.  He will lose tonight against the 1st fighter he's faced in their prime w excellent chin.  I give him credit to take fight but he should've fought Mayweather and collect his last big payday.  His stock goes way down after he's exposed tonight.

Mayweather = pound 4 pound best in the game righ now, shoulda fought and beat Pacquiao easily.  No one else will bring that much money, and to simple shut up all the manny nut huggers who knows nothing  

I don't agree that pacman is overrated however I do agree that clottey has a decent shot at pulling this off...More so than Mosely(at this point in his career)has a chance of beating mayweather...so yea props to pacman for fighting a legit opponet in his prime vs floyd fighting an old washed up fighter thats due to retire....
DAWG

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: March 13, 2010, 08:52:01 AM »
 ::) mike tyson 87/90 ?

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #87 on: March 13, 2010, 09:59:35 AM »
I don't agree that pacman is overrated however I do agree that clottey has a decent shot at pulling this off...More so than Mosely(at this point in his career)has a chance of beating mayweather...so yea props to pacman for fighting a legit opponet in his prime vs floyd fighting an old washed up fighter thats due to retire....

dont agree with you.  flip this over.  pac has MAJOR problems with a 160 mosley, i mean MAJOR...where as FMW could counter punch his way to an easy win over Clotty.  FMW better be up for that May cause he cant win it sitting on the ropes against Mosley playing counter me.  This thing will be close with a possilbe BS decision to FMW to keep a big money fight alive.  On other hand Pac will probably punch his way to a win.  Boy...you have to take the fight in tight against Clotty with his def, and he aint short on head butts, iffy shorts, etc but his brittle hand on Pac HGH head?

the monsters are paul williams with his ability to fight 147-165.  that's insane.  no hearns power for his size..but he comes to work n chin is worth a mint.  berto is another one.  was surprised mosley was going to take that fight but was looking for paycheck.  

williams vs martinez I.  II will be nice.

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #88 on: March 13, 2010, 10:23:55 AM »
joshua will shell up and put the ear muffs on (like he always does) absorb shots (like he always does) and WON"T throw enough shots when he needs to (like he always does) then claim he was robbed like he did vs cotto and margarito.

this dude is all wrong vs combination punchers and/or volume types. Hell even against Zab...all zab had to do was stay on his toes and simply box him and he would have walked away UD....but we all know zab....falls apart after round one.

tailor made fight.

Purple Aki

• Getbig IV
« Reply #89 on: March 13, 2010, 10:35:25 AM »
Hell even against Zab...all zab had to do was stay on his toes and simply box him and he would have walked away UD....but we all know zab....falls apart after round one.

Lol, too true. Watched Tzyu v Judah again recently, and if only he could manage to fight like he did in that first round for a whole fight without having a brainfart he would have been an awesome fighter.

Did manage it against Spinks, though.

Purple Aki

• Getbig IV
« Reply #90 on: March 13, 2010, 10:39:29 AM »
::) mike tyson 87/90 ?

Not even the best heavyweight since Ali.

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #91 on: March 13, 2010, 11:00:00 AM »
Lol, too true. Watched Tzyu v Judah again recently, and if only he could manage to fight like he did in that first round for a whole fight without having a brainfart he would have been an awesome fighter.

Did manage it against Spinks, though.

Zab has (had) all the tools man....mentally the guy just notoriously falls apart in there. He was right there speed for speed, punch for punch with mayweather early on..and right on cue he fell apart...then the ass kicking fest began.

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #92 on: March 13, 2010, 11:19:15 AM »
Good post man. Clottey isn't going to be able to pull this off. Things could change drastically if they clash heads though? The victory over Cotto really is giving Manny alot more confidence to be in there with the bigger guys. He's gonna come out blazing! Really looking forward to this and especially what Roach will say post fight interview.

He better not even think of mentioning mayweather....6 days is why this fight didn't happen...6 days....won't take a damn "random" "possible" sample 14 days out but will 20 days out....bull fkn sh*t.. mental edge my ass roach...(but I'm not even about to go back into that discussion)...fk top rank, arum, roach and that EPO smoothie drinking azz junkie.

rudylrichards

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #93 on: March 13, 2010, 11:26:02 AM »
Let me clarify, he's overated in this division.  Way overated and I think you'll see it tonight.  Styles make fight, I think Mosley with his granite chin, still fast hands and not to mention being much biger than Pac, beats pac even easier than Mayweather.

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #94 on: March 13, 2010, 04:46:16 PM »

Yea, of course it will. Mosley isn't in his prime but he's one of the 2 toughest fights out there for Floyd and is an ATG

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: March 13, 2010, 05:43:53 PM »
Not even the best heavyweight since Ali.

you re a moron plain and simple, prime tyson is the best boxing had to offer, including ali.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #96 on: March 13, 2010, 05:46:56 PM »
I'll shit in my hat if Clottey beats Manny...but i just have a weird feeling, that dude looks a LOT bigger than Manny

Thats what they said about Cotto.

king

• Getbig III
« Reply #97 on: March 13, 2010, 05:54:20 PM »
anyone know where to find a live stream of the fight?