Author Topic: Key Largo - cheap hotel needed  (Read 6072 times)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Key Largo - cheap hotel needed
« on: November 15, 2009, 07:23:12 PM »

Any recommendations for a cheap motel in the Keys?  I'm talking one star or less.

Thanks.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
Re: Key Largo - cheap hotel needed
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 07:25:34 PM »

Did you say 'motel' or 'schmoetel'? I didn't quite understand...

- Block!
?

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 07:45:59 PM »
Did you say 'motel' or 'schmoetel'? I didn't quite understand...

LOL!

I actually gave up my schmoe card last month and got out of the game.

I'm looking for a real dive.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, 07:48:24 PM »
LOL!

I actually gave up my schmoe card last month and got out of the game.

I'm looking for a real dive.
Hahahaha. Sure. Okay.

I now fuck as many bodybuilders as I can and don't let Figure bitches suck my dick anymore...not to mention, I have a full-head of hair.

- Block!
?

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2009, 08:38:48 PM »
i just stayed at the Cove Atlantis in the Bahamas, amazing place..no children allowed by the pool...awesome!!

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2009, 07:49:58 AM »
i just stayed at the Cove Atlantis in the Bahamas, amazing place..no children allowed by the pool...awesome!!

Nah, done with the high-end hotels for now.  I want to stay in the kind of place where there is no concierge and where you pull the car right up to your door.  Maybe they take credit cards with the little sliding machine and carbon paper, but they greatly prefer cash, cuz then there's no sales tax.  I'd like a place with no restaurant, but a diner within half a mile or so.

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2009, 08:56:29 AM »
Nah, done with the high-end hotels for now.  I want to stay in the kind of place where there is no concierge and where you pull the car right up to your door.  Maybe they take credit cards with the little sliding machine and carbon paper, but they greatly prefer cash, cuz then there's no sales tax.  I'd like a place with no restaurant, but a diner within half a mile or so.

how many bodies are you looking to dispose of, Trenuggs?
Deep Tissue Massage

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2009, 09:06:46 AM »
Tre, how about just looking around when you get there?  I'm thinking the type of place you are looking for won't take reservations.  But if you do call one, talk white, cause they might not book one for a brotha.  ;D

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2009, 09:08:37 AM »
Nah, done with the high-end hotels for now.  I want to stay in the kind of place where there is no concierge and where you pull the car right up to your door.  Maybe they take credit cards with the little sliding machine and carbon paper, but they greatly prefer cash, cuz then there's no sales tax.  I'd like a place with no restaurant, but a diner within half a mile or so.
The Pelican Cove is a dump in Largo..the rooms are tiny..it's on the Gulf side.......The Conch House is a great breakfst joint and maybe sunset dinner at Marker 88 restaurant. Cruise over to the Big Chill (Jimmy Johnson's bar) or The Tiki Bar right down in Islamorada.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2009, 09:38:04 AM »
In Broward & Dade County, I always use Sharky's Bail Bonds. Those guys are fast and they don't ask questions. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
a

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2009, 10:03:29 AM »
is no one else curious as to why tre's looking for a place straight out of a murder mystery movie?

spill the beans!!!
Deep Tissue Massage

Bodybuilding Related

• Getbig IV
  • We Are All Blessed To Be Here
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2009, 10:34:44 AM »
The Pelican Cove is a dump in Largo..the rooms are tiny..it's on the Gulf side.......The Conch House is a great breakfst joint and maybe sunset dinner at Marker 88 restaurant. Cruise over to the Big Chill (Jimmy Johnson's bar) or The Tiki Bar right down in Islamorada.

You can always bet on Getbig having a resident expert on whatever topic you need the 411 on. 

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2009, 10:40:06 AM »
You know who else went on the lam in Key Largo?

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2009, 10:44:24 AM »
is no one else curious as to why tre's looking for a place straight out of a murder mystery movie?

spill the beans!!!

LOL @ MBP!! 

Although I'm a simple man with generally simple tastes who was raised in a very humble home, I do love nice hotels and typically stay in them when I travel.  It's been almost 10 years since I've slummed it, though, and would like to get back to my roots for a minute, as I've been living the high life a bit excessively recently, I must (shamefully) confess. 

You know who else went on the lam in Key Largo?

LOL @ Doc!

Awesome movie...who among us doesn't love Bogey and Bacall?? 

Edward G. Robinson would wipe the floor with most wannabe tough guys today. 

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2009, 11:14:56 AM »

Uncle Jesse had to play drums cause whats his ass is bat shit and gave the fckn mason family a place to stay for 2weeks plus dropped charles manson off at the estate and told him who lived there

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2009, 11:18:14 AM »
Any recommendations for a cheap motel in the Keys?  I'm talking one star or less.

Thanks.

How cheap? ???

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2009, 11:53:50 AM »
How cheap? ???

As cheap and tawdry as possible.  I'm looking for faded curtains, tattered sheets, and art deco tile in the bathroom.  I want the kind of place that has a 'ring bell for service' sign at the front desk (cuz the manager is watching TV in the back) and where the nightly room rate is posted out front in red numbers.  It should advertise 'Color TV in every room' and there should be absolutely NO hi-speed internet and preferably no cable TV either. 

Top Dog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2009, 11:55:54 AM »
As cheap and tawdry as possible.  I'm looking for faded curtains, tattered sheets, and art deco tile in the bathroom.  I want the kind of place that has a 'ring bell for service' sign at the front desk (cuz the manager is watching TV in the back) and where the nightly room rate is posted out front in red numbers.  It should advertise 'Color TV in every room' and there should be absolutely NO hi-speed internet and preferably no cable TV either. 
Some people want to feel as much at home as possible when they travel.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2009, 12:03:19 PM »
Some people want to feel as much at home as possible when they travel.

GETBIG!!! 

;D

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2009, 12:05:23 PM »
Tre trying to go all "ROOTS" and shit on us.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2009, 12:06:31 PM »
LOL. Sounds like you're looking for Motel Film Noir. 'And there she was. One look at her gams and I knew she could lift me. I drifted her way.'*  

*apologies to raymond chandler  

Top Dog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2009, 12:11:15 PM »
Meeting any of your...cough..friends down there Tre?

pluck

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2009, 12:18:04 PM »
Drove to Key West earlier this year.
Plenty of shitty places to stay right off the main road. Just keep driving south to the next Key if you can't find anything.

Btw there's a high school in the Keys I drove past. How awesome would it have been to go to high school in the Keys??? All the girls wearing warm weather clothing, ocean, beach, fishing...etc. My god!

Top Dog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2009, 12:38:54 PM »
Drove to Key West earlier this year.
Plenty of shitty places to stay right off the main road. Just keep driving south to the next Key if you can't find anything.

Btw there's a high school in the Keys I drove past. How awesome would it have been to go to high school in the Keys??? All the girls wearing warm weather clothing, ocean, beach, fishing...etc. My god!
Saw that high school and thought the same thing.

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2009, 01:29:37 PM »
Advertising on Getbig is a terrible way to hide the body of that dead female bodybuilder in your trunk.
BigNationRadio.com