Author Topic: Video: Obama refuses to salute US flag  (Read 3479 times)

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
Re: Video: Obama refuses to salute US flag
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2009, 08:59:10 AM »
Kazan...look at what they teach in school and then decide if thats what u really think. I'm 35..school wasn't that long ago. I recite the preamble and name every beach on D-day. I knew about Chamberlain at Little Round Top and the Battle of Bunker Hill....and that was in a catholic grammer school. I did my 8th grade project on the Battle of Hue. These kids have no deep love for America..barry is a projection of that.

I agree what passes for teaching history in school is a fucking disgrace. My father was an avid reader and a history fanatic, guess thats where I get it from.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2009, 09:01:21 AM »
I agree what passes for teaching history in school is a fucking disgrace. My father was an avid reader and a history fanatic, guess thats where I get it from.

Its horrific how little the average person knows about history. 

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2009, 09:06:35 AM »
Its horrific how little the average person knows about history. 

My kid is in 7th grade and about the only history she has been taught in school revolves around salvery, select portions of the civil war years, and a glazing over of the American Revolution. The complete focus on the dark parts of American history is disturbing.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2009, 09:08:15 AM »

My kid is in 7th grade and about the only history she has been taught in school revolves around salvery, select portions of the civil war years, and a glazing over of the American Revolution. The complete focus on the dark parts of American history is disturbing.

Its on purpose.