Author Topic: Obama to receive honorary Tae Kwon Do Black Belt on Trip to Korea (Not a joke!)  (Read 2155 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
http://english.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2009/11/13/2009111300777.html

Obama to Receive Honorary Taekwondo Belt
________________________ ________________________ ____________

U.S. President Barack Obama will be given an honorary taekwondo belt to mark his first visit to Korea on Wednesday and Thursday. A government official said that President Lee Myung-bak will present Obama with an honorary taekwondo degree certificate and a uniform embroidered with his name.

Obama practiced taekwondo for about four years with an American master in Chicago from 2001 while he was serving in the Illinois state senate. He obtained a green belt.

Meanwhile, the government has yet to choose whether to serve the traditional Korean rice wine makgeolli or a Californian wine during the welcome luncheon on Thursday.

Some government officials say that makgeolli does not seem like a good idea since it has been served on several occasions such as the recent Korea-Japan summit and meetings with foreign diplomats stationed in Korea.

The government is considering a Californian wine as the leaders will discuss the ratification of the Korea-U.S. free trade agreement, and the California wine industry stands to be one of the biggest beneficiaries of the deal.

________________________ __________________

Hysterical. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Maybe he will be given a shot against GSP or Fedor next. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
hahahah oh brother hahahaaaaaa

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Well,we know he knows how to bow as well as anyone,so at least he has the first step down.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Well,we know he knows how to bow as well as anyone,so at least he has the first step down.

Maybe he can take on Machida or Hendo? 

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
LOL. Didn't know he had a background in TKD though.

What's next for this guy - cure for cancer?

Btw, tkd kind of sucks. Did it myself and compared to boxing or kickboxing it's a little bit like ballet - all fancy moves but no efficiency.8)

no, I don't think I'm fucking Bruce Lee. :D
As empty as paradise

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
LOL. Didn't know he had a background in TKD though.

What's next for this guy - cure for cancer?

Btw, tkd kind of sucks. Did it myself and compared to boxing or kickboxing it's a little bit like ballet - all fancy moves but no efficiency.8)

no, I don't think I'm fucking Bruce Lee. :D

TKD works for guys like Obama who are tall with long limbs, but sucks for people like me who are thick. 

Additionally, when you are wearing a suit, boots, etc, are you really going to do a high round house kick on a guy in a bar or in the street? 

Machida has a good style and made TMA work in MMA .

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
That is why the teabagger rally was so small.  They were scared that Obama would stop curling 70lb dumbbells for three minutes and show up to whoop their ass up and down Penns. Ave.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
That is why the teabagger rally was so small.  They were scared that Obama would stop curling 70lb dumbbells for three minutes and show up to whoop their ass up and down Penns. Ave.

I wonder if he will be in a Gi to receive this? 

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
That would be priceless. Like Putin trying to be a badass in topless while fishing.

Barack 'Miyagi' Obama. ::)
As empty as paradise

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
As empty as paradise

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Actually, Putin is a legit Judo black belt. 

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
That would be priceless. Like Putin trying to be a badass in topless while fishing.

Barack 'Miyagi' Obama. ::)

Putin and Obama should spar on the mat.  I believe Putin would snap Obama like a twig.   

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
Actually, Putin is a legit Judo black belt. 
just great.
Not only does Obama fake his birth certificate. He fakes his Martial Arts black belt as well. 8)
As empty as paradise

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V