Author Topic: Lou Dobbs for senator?  (Read 1481 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Lou Dobbs for senator?
« on: November 17, 2009, 10:59:30 AM »
When asked about US Senate run, said 'lot of things on my mind.'

Lou Dobbs, who recently resigned from hosting a nightly show on CNN, said in his first interview since his resignation that he is "going to remain in the public arena."

Dobbs was asked by Fox News' Bill O'Reilly if he is considering a Senate run in New Jersey.

"A lot of things are on my mind, I'm not going to be coy about this," Dobbs said, though he neglected to answer the question directly. He went on to say he is "thinking about a lot of opportunities."

O'Reilly then asked Dobbs if President Obama is "the devil." (Yes, you read that right.)

"He's not the devil, but he is certainly a man who is right now not making it easy to understand why he's making the public policy choices that he is," said Dobbs, who left CNN to "carry the banner of advocacy journalism" in a more appropriate venue, in the words of network president Jonathan Klein.

Dobbs went on to question "what is taking so long to come to a decision on Afghanistan," as well as "why it is so necessary to turn over a sixth of the economy to the United States government."

Dobbs agreed with O'Reilly's suggestion that the president is "mismanaging" the country.

At the Baltimore Sun reports, Dobbs said CNN management never complained about his strong views on immigration, long a bone of contention for immigrants' rights groups. He told O'Reilly he "had absolute editorial control."

"The only issue that came up in the last 90 days of my employment there was that Jon Klein and I had talked about the issue of opinion itself and advocacy journalism, and he wanted to take the network in a different direction," he said.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Lou Dobbs for senator?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 11:01:25 AM »
I like Dobbs.  his show is on in NYC in five minutes and I am changing the dial. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 11:12:35 AM »
maybe he'll go straight for the big one and run for president.  I could see dobbs doing that.  He obviously believes Washington needs changed and that the hour for doing so is quickly passing.  For what dobbs wants, senator isn't going to cut it.  I think he might be thinking this, but of course can't say it yet.  we'll see. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2009, 11:13:46 AM »
maybe he'll go straight for the big one and run for president.  I could see dobbs doing that.  He obviously believes Washington needs changed and that the hour for doing so is quickly passing.  For what dobbs wants, senator isn't going to cut it.  I think he might be thinking this, but of course can't say it yet.  we'll see. 

I think he has enough money.  the Senate is perfect since he can spout off whatever he wants and really have no responsibilities.   

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2009, 11:23:19 AM »
I think he has enough money.  the Senate is perfect since he can spout off whatever he wants and really have no responsibilities.   
You may be right, but Lou doesn't strike me as the type who will worry about having no responsibilities, if that can even be said of a senate seat?  He'll have a lot of support.  Also if you look at recent polls, independents are increasing bigtime.  Maybe even historical increases.  He no doubt sees this as a prime time for someone like him to have a better than usual chance.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2009, 11:35:13 AM »
You may be right, but Lou doesn't strike me as the type who will worry about having no responsibilities, if that can even be said of a senate seat?  He'll have a lot of support.  Also if you look at recent polls, independents are increasing bigtime.  Maybe even historical increases.  He no doubt sees this as a prime time for someone like him to have a better than usual chance.

The senate is easy pickings, high profile, no responsibility, he gets his time at the podium, etc. 

President?  thats a different situation as we are seeing. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2009, 11:38:03 AM »
Dobbs believes 3 things.

1) Americans were so sick of the greedy-ass, war-hungry repubs that they'd vote for anybody else.

2) Americans are so sick of the liberal-ass, cash-printing, Chinese-bowing Obama policy that they'd vote for anybody else.

3) There aren't too many "anybody else's" out there with the name recognition, understanding of the world, ability to speak well, and money-raising, potential of a Lou Dobbs.

Plus, he's a bona-fide birther - and was willing to walk away from $9 mil cash when told to drop the issue.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2009, 11:39:18 AM »
I like Lou as well.  Smart guy.  I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up on Fox news or perhaps run for office...who knows.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2009, 12:41:39 PM »
The senate is easy pickings, high profile, no responsibility, he gets his time at the podium, etc. 

President?  thats a different situation as we are seeing. 
you're trying to say Dobbs is after no responsibility or that it's remotely appealing to him?  How, Why would you say that?  He doesn't seem remotely like that and I've listened to him for a long ass time.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2009, 12:49:32 PM »
you're trying to say Dobbs is after no responsibility or that it's remotely appealing to him?  How, Why would you say that?  He doesn't seem remotely like that and I've listened to him for a long ass time.

Look, if you screw up in the Senate, its not like you have to live in infamy the same way as if you fuck up the pres like carter or bush. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2009, 01:06:11 PM »
Look, if you screw up in the Senate, its not like you have to live in infamy the same way as if you fuck up the pres like carter or bush. 
that's a terrible reply and not an answer to my post.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2009, 01:12:51 PM »
that's a terrible reply and not an answer to my post.

I'm just saying.   Lou Dobbs cant win the presidency.  I dont think he has the backing or following, but who knows, I have been wrong before.

As far as politics i think he has said he is looking at the senate in NJ in 2012 for menedez seat.   

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2009, 01:25:13 PM »
I'm just saying.   Lou Dobbs cant win the presidency.  I dont think he has the backing or following, but who knows, I have been wrong before.

As far as politics i think he has said he is looking at the senate in NJ in 2012 for menedez seat.   
That's not the point, many people run who can't win.  I wouldn't say he can't win.  Like I said, go look at the stats, the number of people bailing on both major parties and going independent has shot through the roof.  Even if Lou doesn't win, if he makes a significant showing in the race, his platform will have increased vastly.  Lou may see this as a prime time to do this, because IT IS A PRIME TIME.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2009, 01:27:00 PM »
That's not the point, many people run who can't win.  I wouldn't say he can't win.  Like I said, go look at the stats, the number of people bailing on both major parties and going independent has shot through the roof.  Even if Lou doesn't win, if he makes a significant showing in the race, his platform will have increased vastly.  Lou may see this as a prime time to do this, because IT IS A PRIME TIME.

Could be, I like him a lot and would vote for him in a heatbeat. 

Many people dont realize his wife is mexican.  I think that whole canard against him will be quickly defused once that is broadcast.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2009, 01:28:07 PM »
I'm just saying.   Lou Dobbs cant win the presidency.  I dont think he has the backing or following, but who knows, I have been wrong before.

In 2004, most people didn't think an inexperienced minority senator like Obama could defeat hilary in 2008.  In 2004, Palin was working for a 527 group.  

Give Lou two years of public speaking, quiet consulting work, and relationship-building/ass-kissing, and he could be in a very good spot for 2012.

Imagine a Bloomberg/Dobbs ticket in 2012.  Who beats that?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2009, 01:30:06 PM »
In 2004, most people didn't think an inexperienced minority senator like Obama could defeat hilary in 2008.  In 2004, Palin was working for a 527 group.  

Give Lou two years of public speaking, quiet consulting work, and relationship-building/ass-kissing, and he could be in a very good spot for 2012.

Imagine a Bloomberg/Dobbs ticket in 2012.  Who beats that?

I would sign up for that any day. 

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2009, 05:35:17 AM »
I would sign up for that any day. 

I wouldn't. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V