Author Topic: Which party benefits if a 3rd party candidate runs for Prez in 2012?  (Read 903 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
If a Dobbs or a Bloomberg goes INdependent and runs for president in 2012...

Which party benefits and why?  How much of a dent %-wise coudl they make, and could they win?

(Perot got 20% popular vote in 1992, carried no electoral votes, but did cost Bush1 the election.)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Which party benefits if a 3rd party candidate runs for Prez in 2012?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 08:44:50 AM »
If a Dobbs or a Bloomberg goes INdependent and runs for president in 2012...

Which party benefits and why?  How much of a dent %-wise coudl they make, and could they win?

(Perot got 20% popular vote in 1992, carried no electoral votes, but did cost Bush1 the election.)

The Dems benefit because most of their base are zombies dependent on a continuiation of the chaos.  Govt workers, welfare queens, union members, etc. That is about 40% of the population. 

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 08:55:26 AM »
The Dems benefit because most of their base are zombies dependent on a continuiation of the chaos.  Govt workers, welfare queens, union members, etc. That is about 40% of the population. 

Hopefully there would be another alternative as well, a progressive left wing. Would get some bummed Obama voters. Always good with as many options as possible.
As empty as paradise

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 08:57:08 AM »
As empty as paradise

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 08:59:04 AM »

Just look at 1992.  Clinton won because of Perot.  Same thing. 

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2009, 09:12:59 AM »
As empty as paradise

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2009, 09:15:13 AM »

Hopefully there would be another alternative as well, a progressive left wing. Would get some bummed Obama voters. Always good with as many options as possible.
As empty as paradise

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2009, 09:15:58 AM »

Am I wrong?  

Blacks vote Dem 98% of time every election
Gov Workers by and large vote dem.
Union members, about 8% of the population, mostly vote dem.

Just those groups alone lock up a lot of voters for Dems every election no matter what happens.  

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2009, 09:24:23 AM »
Am I wrong?  

Blacks vote Dem 98% of time every election
Gov Workers by and large vote dem.
Union members, about 8% of the population, mostly vote dem.

Just those groups alone lock up a lot of voters for Dems every election no matter what happens.  

Christian right funds and votes republican every election.  what's your point? That certain groups favour certain parties? Of course they do. 
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2009, 09:26:25 AM »
Christian right funds and votes republican every election.  what's your point? That certain groups favour certain parties? Of course they do. 

They dont make up 40% of the population.  Most democrat voters like yourself only vote for Dems because of the promise of free stuff from the other taxpayers.  If the dems did not promise free stuff to others no one would ever vote for them. 

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2009, 09:32:18 AM »
They dont make up 40% of the population.  Most democrat voters like yourself only vote for Dems because of the promise of free stuff from the other taxpayers.  If the dems did not promise free stuff to others no one would ever vote for them. 

Over 90% of the American people classify themselves as christian and you're telling me blacks and the poor have more of a say than the christian right in this country? You've got to be joking. 
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2009, 09:33:48 AM »
Over 90% of the American people classify themselves as christian and you're telling me blacks and the poor have more of a say than the christian right in this country? You've got to be joking. 

We are talking about electoral politics, not who controls the country.  The christian right does not, the banksters like Goldman Sachs, BOA, Citi, The Fed, et al control it.   

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2009, 09:38:13 AM »
We are talking about electoral politics, not who controls the country.  The christian right does not, the banksters like Goldman Sachs, BOA, Citi, The Fed, et al control it.   

Oh please get your head out of the sand.  You're acting like dems have won every election since moses and that is simple not the case.  Nice try though. 
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2009, 09:40:05 AM »
Oh please get your head out of the sand.  You're acting like dems have won every election since moses and that is simple not the case.  Nice try though. 

The issue is who is hurt in the 3rd party situation.  The GOP is hurt more because the Dems have a 40% base no matter what which is almost always enough to win in most 3 party races. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2009, 10:24:55 AM »
The issue is who is hurt in the 3rd party situation.  The GOP is hurt more because the Dems have a 40% base no matter what which is almost always enough to win in most 3 party races. 

this is what i thuoght too.  Repubs peeled away from Perot, and the GOp is essentially going to be 2 combined groups (staunch conservatives ala palin, and moderetes), b oth of whom may dislike Obama now.

Splitting those groups, and letting Obama's loyal 40% carry him to victory, would be what a 3rd party guy would do.  Or, he could win.  But I think the Repub candidate would be toast with any 3rd party guy.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2009, 10:53:52 AM »
The democrats nearly always benefit in 3rd party runs.  Lots of the independents have some degree of libertarianism or at least an anti-big government/politicians feeling.  Those people either stay home or vote republican.

kc, 90% of the country is not Christian.  The # of atheists and agnostics alone is greater than 10%.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2009, 10:57:10 AM »
A large % of blacks and unionized workers vote democrat because the democrats give them some kind of preferential treatment or financial assistance...the union bosses & minority leaders create a group/gang support mentality and get their followers to join in.  In the end, the democratic politicians give them just enough to keep them voting democrat.  It's a racket.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2009, 10:59:55 AM »
Big government clearly equates to more waste and corruption....just like unchecked big business.  Government's role is to protect the people and break up unfair business practices, not control the production and direct distribution of goods and services.  This is why I will never vote democratic.

I understand the concept of limited but necessary government...so do many independents and some republicans.