Author Topic: Obama says it: There's a chance he won't run in 2012  (Read 751 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Obama says it: There's a chance he won't run in 2012
« on: November 18, 2009, 03:23:24 PM »
Obama says it: There's a chance he won't run in 2012
KC RStar ^ | November 18, 2009

Posted on Wednesday, November 18, 2009 3:56:36 PM by Red Steel

________________________ ________________________ __________________

In an interview with CNN in China, President Obama opened the possibility to not running for re-election in 2012 -- something that no president has done since Lyndon Johnson.

Here's what he said:

"You know, if - if I feel like I've made the very best decisions for the American people and three years from now I look at it and, you know, my poll numbers are in the tank and because we've gone through these wrenching changes, you know, politically, I'm in a tough spot, I'll - I'll feel all right about myself," Obama told CNN's Ed Henry.

"I said to myself very early on, even when I started running for office, I don't want to be making decisions based on getting re-elected, because I think the challenges that America faces right now are so significant," the president also said.

(Excerpt) Read more at primebuzz.kcstar.com ...

http://primebuzz.kcstar.com/?q=node/20575

________________________ ________________________ ______________

Ok, I have many CT's on this, but I'll let others start.  

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
Re: Obama says it: There's a chance he won't run in 2012
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 03:56:14 PM »
Sounds like a forecast of the inevitable.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 03:57:52 PM »
Sounds like a forecast of the inevitable.

I have been saying for months and months, he does not want to be president of the USA.  He is bored already and wants to be president of the world.   

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 04:17:23 PM »
Oh please god yes......this would make him and even bigger failure.
L

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 04:41:50 PM »
I like politicians who cares about their beliefs rather than to get re-elected.

But when push comes to shove I doubt Obama is any different than any other politician.
As empty as paradise

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2009, 06:07:02 PM »
I like politicians who cares about their beliefs rather than to get re-elected.

But when push comes to shove I doubt Obama is any different than any other politician.

If he were simply a politician he would not be doing what he is.  Hedge I have been spot on about a lot issues.  Obama is planning some really bad stuff for us and he is sending that signal little by little.  He said it before the election and many people ignored it. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2009, 08:07:20 PM »
He could implement every single lib change he wanted - amnesty, healthcare, cap/trade, etc - then turn over the reigns to a Hilary that half the Mccain voters would have voted for.

Hilary could then embrace everything (perceived) positive by Obama, and condemn everything terrible, promising to bring things more moderate.   And if the Repubs run Palin, I'm sorry, but hilary will destory her.  Hilary is road-tested and knows her shit.  Palin is a recent college grad giving shout-outs and going all rogue.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2009, 10:29:46 PM »
He could implement every single lib change he wanted - amnesty, healthcare, cap/trade, etc - then turn over the reigns to a Hilary that half the Mccain voters would have voted for.

Hilary could then embrace everything (perceived) positive by Obama, and condemn everything terrible, promising to bring things more moderate.   And if the Repubs run Palin, I'm sorry, but hilary will destory her.  Hilary is road-tested and knows her shit.  Palin is a recent college grad giving shout-outs and going all rogue.
your an idiot if you think that the same ppl that would have voted for hilary this election will vote for her in the next one if obama keeps going the way he is going.

To me in all honesty it sounds like he is planning to not come center like you said he would 240 and is planning to push the far left liberal agenda he said he wouldnt.

Immigration and gun control are right around the corner...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2009, 06:03:07 AM »
your an idiot if you think that the same ppl that would have voted for hilary this election will vote for her in the next one if obama keeps going the way he is going.

To me in all honesty it sounds like he is planning to not come center like you said he would 240 and is planning to push the far left liberal agenda he said he wouldnt.

Immigration and gun control are right around the corner...

yup - next year is going to be all out war.  Cap & Tax, Immigration, etc

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2009, 06:15:59 AM »
Obama is the worlds biggest ego maniac.He cant get on television enough.I have more confidence he tries to pull a Bloomberg and attempts to run for a third term.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2009, 06:18:18 AM »
Obama is the worlds biggest ego maniac.He cant get on television enough.I have more confidence he tries to pull a Bloomberg and attempts to run for a third term.

I think he wants to be like LBJ.  Cram through so much damage as possible in the shortest amount of time possible. 

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2009, 12:06:46 PM »
With almost a year in I don't think there is any doubt that Obama has been a total disaster so far... on everything. Foreign policy, the economy, this idiotic dog and pony show trial of the 911 masterminds in Manhattan, the woefully unpopular healthcare bill, guaranteed economic blackholes like cap and trade, two god awful stimulus bills which have done absolutely nothing, a huge increase in taxes and the deficit, and on and on and on.

When he got elected I wanted him to do well (despite my political views) because if he does well, the country does well and prosperity should abound. However, I said repeatedly that I thought success would be impossible for two reasons; 1) The democrats control both houses and hence are at the whim of ultraleftist whack jobs Pelosi and Reid, 2) Obama and his team of flunkies have no experience and no clue as to what they are doing.

I honestly wish I was wrong, because with the economy in the toilet, Afghanistan turning into Vietnam and Obama's rabid (albeit politically suicidal) desire to cram unpopular legislation down the countries throat -- there is no doubt in my mind things are only going to get worse and worse and worse. One unintended consequence of this debacle is that a viable third party may emerge in America-- Whether this will be a good thing remains to be seen.

On the bright side, we probably wont have another democratic president elected for a century after this disaster and the GOP is going to take back control of Congress. However, I am skeptical as to what kind of country we are going to have left when the dust settles in 2012.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2009, 12:14:13 PM »
One unintended consequence of this debacle is that a viable third party may emerge in America-- Whether this will be a good thing remains to be seen.

a 3rd party candidate would almost certainly giftwrap things for the dems by splitting the anti-obama vote.

I'd rather see a non-idiot republican run, deliver some solutions, and return things to the CENTER.  Bush was far-right, obama is far-left.  It's possible to cut taxes without starting 2 wars and socializing everything, right?

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2009, 12:37:14 PM »
Not necessarily 240.

Remember, most independents are more right leaning to begin with. No matter who the dems throw up there in 2012, that candidate is going to have to stay on message, keep the base and largely remain complicit with Obama's policies. How could the dems bring someone in to undo the work of the anointed one?

Also, keep this in mind also-- even if the dems did put forth a candidate that would largely undo or at least pull back on some of the Obama administrations policies, the democrats are going to be in the same boat the GOP was in the last election. The dems will have about as much credibility in 2012 as the GOP did after GW Bush in 2008. Obama pretty much conned his way into office by lying to the public about bipartisanship, not increasing taxes, etc. etc. = And these were attractive selling points to independents. The public is not going to be taken for another ride by the democrats, not this soon anyway.

If the third party option sounds a lot like the GOP option in terms of shrinking government, lowering taxes, etc.-- Why would independents split the GOP vote to help assure another democrat take office to continue the same failed policies that most if not all independents hate?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2009, 12:42:50 PM »
great points.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2009, 01:04:13 PM »
Very surprised he said this.

Good posts.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2009, 02:27:48 PM »
Very surprised he said this.

Good posts.

Check the interview on CNN. I'd say the context of the interview is a little different than perhaps what some are hoping or fearing.
But that's for each and everyone to decide IMO.
I rather see the original interview than see some 'analysis' of it.
As empty as paradise