Author Topic: Climategate: how the MSM reported the greatest scandal in modern science  (Read 1762 times)

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
Hackers Prove Global Warming Is A Scam
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2009, 10:46:47 PM »
http://www.bostonherald.com/business/general/view.bg?articleid=1213483&srvc=business&position=recent

In an embarrassing blow to the movement to combat global warming, hackers have posted hundreds of e-mails from a world-renowned British institute that show researchers colluding to exaggerate warming and undermine skeptics.

University of East Anglia officials confirmed the Climate Research Unit’s e-mails were hacked, but were unable to confirm the veracity of posted content, according to British and American news reports. Skeptics of human-caused warming, who note temperatures appear to have stopped climbing, called the news explosive.

“This is not a smoking gun, this is a mushroom cloud,” climatologist Patrick J. Michaels told the New York Times.

The Times contacted researchers who confirmed they had sent or received some of the most damning e-mails, including a discussion of how to use a “trick” to configure scientific data to “hide the decline.”

“It does look incriminating on the surface,” Bob Ward, a climate change expert at the London School of Economics, told Britain’s Guardian newspaper, though he said it may not be so sinister. “Scientists say ‘trick’ not just to mean deception. They mean it as a clever way of doing something - a short cut can be a trick.”

The e-mail authors also refer to skeptics as “idiots,” fantasize in one case about beating up a skeptic, and discuss ways to prevent skeptics’ papers from being published, London’s Daily Telegraph reported.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
Re: Climategate: how the MSM reported the greatest scandal in modern science
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2009, 11:01:58 PM »
With Hurricanes At Thirty Year Low, Gore Turns To Photoshop.

Gore came up with an ingenious method of solving the problem of the lack of scary depictions of frightening hurricanes to display on his book – simply airbrush them in!

The cover opens and closes half and half — so you only see one hurricane…as in the press release photo or the one on Amazon.

But this is the real picture sequence from the book which I looked at Borders today and took cell-phone pictures, original (before the retouching by some “artist”) Note all of the Arctic ice and the size of the Florida Peninsula…

And the final product:

A midget Southern Hemisphere cyclone is off the coast of Florida, another hurricane is sitting on the equator off the coast of Peru — and the Arctic Ice is gone (perhaps it is summer) and the Florida Peninsula is half gone

There are other differences I am sure you can find — but the hurricanes are just nonsense

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2009, 04:13:26 AM »
http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2009/11/climate-hack/

I read it and it sounds like it's overblown - anyway if they can grow veges and all in greenland well global warming is happening - full stop.

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2009, 04:16:14 AM »
um ... i'm reading the rest of the article and really it's saying global warming is no hoax - I don't know why you can't read and understand that.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2009, 05:16:15 AM »
um ... i'm reading the rest of the article and really it's saying global warming is no hoax - I don't know why you can't read and understand that.

"Global Warming" has always been an overhyped lie by the left to justify more regulations, more taxes, take away choice of consumer products to citizens, and usher in more state control over everyones' life. 

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2009, 09:41:44 AM »
One of the biggest stories this year and the New York Times wont report on it because they say they wont print things that werent intended for public consumption.They will put an affair by John McCain on the cover PROVEN to be a lie.This story ,which shows the whole thing is a giant hoax is not important.

AL GORE=FUCKING LIAR!!!!!!!!!!!

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2009, 05:54:53 PM »
"Global Warming" has always been an overhyped lie by the left to justify more regulations, more taxes, take away choice of consumer products to citizens, and usher in more state control over everyones' life. 

I'm just commenting on what the article actually says - and before you ask me: no I don't think there is a conspiracy from the left to do anything.

Purge_WTF

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2009, 09:27:59 PM »
  Hopefully this will be a nice, sharp blow to the religion of radical environmentalism.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2009, 04:55:37 AM »
I'm just commenting on what the article actually says - and before you ask me: no I don't think there is a conspiracy from the left to do anything.

Its a conspiracy of being ridiculous which the left is guilty of. 

This whole fear mongering that the world is coming to an end therefore we need to cede our money, sovereignty, choices, etc to the govt is what is a conspiracy.  Its not based on anything other than a lust for power by greedy pigs like Al Gore based on junk science and faith, not fact. 

I was listening to a show last night and they said crap & tax is DOA now with this and Inhofe is going to start investigations etc and expose this global warming fraud for what it is.   

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2009, 10:34:24 PM »
kudos to mb for posting this.

im just now starting to read up on it.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2009, 05:08:40 AM »
kudos to mb for posting this.

im just now starting to read up on it.

Whether one believes in AGW or not, this entire story should bother everyone for a variety of reasons. 

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2009, 05:28:20 AM »
There are global temperature cycles.  The question is specifically "Is man made Co2 a significant contributor to global warming?"

What angers me is that there is a fierce debate on this between scientists, yet Gore, Obama and other liberals have plunged ahead full steam (and many have made a lot of money on this).

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2009, 05:30:06 AM »
There are global temperature cycles.  The question is specifically "Is man made Co2 a significant contributor to global warming?"

What angers me is that there is a fierce debate on this between scientists, yet Gore, Obama and other liberals have plunged ahead full steam (and many have made a lot of money on this).

Shoot - go one step farther.  they are using this scam to fleece the taxpayer and usher in economy killing treaties, regs, and restrictions with no real bearing on anything. 

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2009, 05:31:52 AM »
Exactly, scientists must remain objective.  It appears some of the scientists here may have been driven by agenda in some form.  That's a real problem.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2009, 07:34:06 AM »
Shoot - I read this.  john Lott always has good stuff.
________________________ ________________________ _____________

Why You Should Be Hot and Bothered About 'Climate-gate'
Fox News ^ | November 24, 2009 | John R. Lott Jr.

Posted on Wednesday, November 25, 2009 9:26:37 AM by JohnRLott

Science depends on good quality data. It also relies on replication and sharing data. But the last couple of days have uncovered some shocking revelations. Computer hackers have obtained 160 megabytes of e-mails from the Climate Research Unit at the University of East Anglia in England. These e-mails, which have now been confirmed as real, involved many researchers across the globe with ideologically similar advocates around the world. They were brazenly discussing the destruction and hiding of data that did not support global warming claims. The academics here also worked closely with the U.N.'s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.

Professor Phil Jones, the head of the Climate Research Unit, and Professor Michael Mann at Pennsylvania State University, who has been an important scientist in the climate debate, have come under particular scrutiny. Among his e-mails, Professor Jones talks to Professor Mann about the "trick of adding in the real temps to each series...to hide the decline [in temperature]." Professor Mann admitted that this was the exchange that he had and explained to the New York Times that "scientists often used the word 'trick' to refer to a good way to solve a problem, 'and not something secret.'" While the New York Times apparently buys this explanation, it is hard to see the explanation for "to hide the decline."

(Excerpt) Read more at foxnews.com ...

Mons Venus

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2009, 07:50:52 AM »
Global Warming Report Finds Time Running Out

26 Scientists Say Assessment Gives World Leaders Solid Data for Climate Summit
By BILL BLAKEMORE
Nov. 24, 2009—

There's even less time for humanity to try to curb global warming than recently thought, according to a new in-depth scientific assessment by 26 scientists from eight countries.

Sea level rise, ocean acidification and the rapid melting of massive ice sheets are among the significantly increased effects of human-induced global warming assessed in the survey, which also examines the emissions of heat-trapping gases that are causing the climate change.

"Many indicators are currently tracking near or above the worst-case projections" made three years ago by the world's scientists, the new Copenhagen Diagnosis said.

Nor has manmade global warming slowed or paused, as some headlines have recently suggested, according to the report, which you can see here.

________________________ _____________

I side with this report. YOU side with Faux News.

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2009, 07:57:07 AM »

By BILL BLAKEMORE
Nov. 24, 2009—

There's even less time for humanity to try to curb global warming than recently thought, according to a new in-depth scientific assessment by 26 scientists from eight countries.

Sea level rise, ocean acidification and the rapid melting of massive ice sheets are among the significantly increased effects of human-induced global warming assessed in the survey, which also examines the emissions of heat-trapping gases that are causing the climate change.

"Many indicators are currently tracking near or above the worst-case projections" made three years ago by the world's scientists, the new Copenhagen Diagnosis said.

Nor has manmade global warming slowed or paused, as some headlines have recently suggested, according to the report, which you can see here.

Why exactly is melting ice that is already floating in the ocean going to make the water level rise?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2009, 07:57:48 AM »
Mons- Run, Run now, before its too late! 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2009, 08:11:55 AM »
Why exactly is melting ice that is already floating in the ocean going to make the water level rise?
LOL hahahhahaha Id like to know that too

I never thought of it, water expands when it turns to ice so when Ice turns to water it would have less volume.

Im sure there is a scientific reason like a good amount of ice is above the water or something but Id still like to know.

HEY MONS cut and paste an article for that...

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2009, 12:31:59 PM »

By BILL BLAKEMORE
Nov. 24, 2009—

Did you know that the same scientists in your post are the same scientist in the e-mail hack. Asking where the rise is.

Also there was more arctic ice this year than last.
http://wattsupwiththat.com/2009/02/03/arctic-sea-ice-increases-at-record-rate/
Models don't mean anything

Hide the decline.
Z