Author Topic: Fuji & Muraco stand-up act – Tuesday Night Titans:  (Read 2662 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Fuji & Muraco stand-up act – Tuesday Night Titans:
« on: November 22, 2009, 04:09:29 PM »
This is pretty funny – not the material so much, but Muraco’s shit delivery, Fuji’s straight man delivery, and Gene & Hayes cracking up at how bad it is.

Either the “Magnificent One” didn’t rehearse, couldn’t read the teleprompter/note cards with the sunglasses, just plain sucks, or all three.

The best is when Fuji asks, “How about some tropical stuff?” at 3:10.
 ;D

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
Re: Fuji & Muraco stand-up act – Tuesday Night Titans:
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 05:25:58 PM »
Haha, genius! 

;D

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2009, 06:00:16 PM »
Leon:

I don’t know how long you’ve been watching WWF programming, and/or what all they aired on British TV back then, but the stuff Vince did back in the early-mid eighties was GOLDEN.

The “Attitude Era” was popular, and I liked it as well, but I lived for the ’83 – ’89 Fed.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2009, 06:40:50 PM »
Leon:

I don’t know how long you’ve been watching WWF programming, and/or what all they aired on British TV back then, but the stuff Vince did back in the early-mid eighties was GOLDEN.

The “Attitude Era” was popular, and I liked it as well, but I lived for the ’83 – ’89 Fed.

There was very little pre mid 90's I think.  I was a fan in the late 80's but not from watching it, just from it being what the other kids at school liked.  I used to get the comic books, annuals, stickers, etc.  We used to get a programme called World of Sport, that showcased various wrestling promotions, but not WWF if I recall correctly. 

We started to get the odd WWF highlights show at some random time late at night/early morning, but eventually the rights were bought by Sky TV, which my family didn't have.  I watched when I could at a friends house through the late 90's, but then he moved away and I missed everything 98/99?-2003, until the pub I was running got Sky.  I haven't missed much since then!

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009, 08:20:49 AM »
Leon:

YES early to late 80's was gold,muraco and snuka cage when snuks dove from top of cage on muraco ,snuka again but he missed when backlund rolled over,the crowd for wrestlemania one was deafening when hulk and t came out against hot rod and mr 1derful,hot rod snarled at the crowd as he came in slowly with the bag pipers that was cool as a kid,hogan and shiek ,billy graham the old soul giving it up to backlund in the chicken wing submission lumberjack tiltle match,i loved billy graham then as the "karate champion of the world"trained in japan.slaughter sheik "boot camp match"andre slams big john studd..andre/hogan...on an on....

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2009, 11:42:58 PM »
Gorilla Monsson and Bobby Heenan were great together, they could have talked about anything and made it entertaining. very smart guys.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2009, 06:34:26 AM »
Monsoon was one of Heenan’s best friends, and Bobby took it hard when he passed away.
I still remember the WCW Nitro broadcast the night after “Gino” passed away.
The announcers sent out a heartfelt condolence, and Heenan – out of character – was noticeably choked up on air.

My favorite wrestling autobiography to date is "Bobby The Brain: Wrestling’s Bad Boy Tells All."
It was the most entertaining read for my money, and in it Heenan talks about a ton of backstage topics ranging from his time in AWA to his post-retirement work with WWE, etc.

He devotes a big portion to Gorilla Monsoon, including their work together on Prime Time Wrestling, their friendship outside the ring, as well as their families.

Also lots of funny stories about Mr. Perfect, Hercules, Rude, Orndorff, Hogan, Fuji, Haku, etc.

Definitely worth a read if you can track it down.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2009, 04:39:10 AM »
This is pretty funny – not the material so much, but Muraco’s shit delivery, Fuji’s straight man delivery, and Gene & Hayes cracking up at how bad it is.

Either the “Magnificent One” didn’t rehearse, couldn’t read the teleprompter/note cards with the sunglasses, just plain sucks, or all three.

The best is when Fuji asks, “How about some tropical stuff?” at 3:10.
 ;D

[/quoteThis was F****n classic. Good find. I remember them doing "Fuji Vice" back in '86.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2009, 03:25:46 PM »
For you geeks who still play with dolls action figure collectors – I heard through the grapevine that Jakks Pacific will be doing a special edition “Fuji-Vice” double figure package as part of their very last series of Classics before their WWE partnership ends.

The set will feature Muraco & Fuj in their respective outfits worn during the original vignettes.