Author Topic: Fantasy Trade Time....  (Read 784 times)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Fantasy Trade Time....
« on: November 23, 2009, 09:18:43 AM »
Playoffs approaching, and I'm looking decent for a WC spot.

Romo

C Johnson
P Thomas

Moss
S Smith (NYG)
Roy Williams

Celek

Tynes

Eagles D.

I'm sick of Romo, and my backup is Hassleback.  I've been offered a deal of Farve/Forte for P Thomas and Steve Smith.   Backup WRs are Mario Manningham and R Meachum.

Do it?
Y

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Re: Fantasy Trade Time....
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 09:35:59 AM »

Romo

C Johnson
P Thomas

Moss
S Smith (NYG)
Roy Williams

Celek

Tynes

Eagles D.

I'm sick of Romo, and my backup is Hassleback.  I've been offered a deal of Farve/Forte for P Thomas and Steve Smith.   Backup WRs are Mario Manningham and R Meachum.

Do it?

I'd do it.  You upgrade at QB bigtime.  Pierre Thomas has been better than Forte, but NO is using a lot of backs.  And Manningham can step in for Smith at WR, with no dropoff.

Of course it depends on your scoring system, but being straped with a non-productive Romo/Williams connection is going to tie you to the Cowboys offense too much.

body88

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 10:14:31 AM »

Romo

C Johnson
P Thomas

Moss
S Smith (NYG)
Roy Williams

Celek

Tynes

Eagles D.

Do it?

Do it.  In the playoffs, teams will do everything they can to shut down Peterson, Farve will have a lot of td's.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 10:28:39 AM »
Thanks guys, I think I will.

Just hoping Farve doesn't fall of a cliff like last year, and Thomas doesn't go apeshit late like he did last year.....
Y

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009, 10:34:04 AM »
Farve is having an MVP-like year, numbers-wise. He's on a serious roll with Sidney Rice emerging as his #1 target. Do the trade.

Running backs are not as valuable as they once were unless you have an Adrian Peterson or Chris Johnson. So many teams are employing a two or three running back system so top Qb's in fantasy are becoming much more valuable.

My running backs are average at best( Barber and Kevin Smith). But I start a Tom Brady-Wes Welker combo, Reggie Wayne, and Hines Ward. I also start Gates at TE(who hasn't done shit all year but hoping he'll break out come playoff time)

I hope I can make some noise this year. Five years straight getting bounced in the first round of the playoffs. >:(