Author Topic: NPC Nationals: Cedric Mcmillan signs with Mus Dev  (Read 5907 times)

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
NPC Nationals: Cedric Mcmillan signs with Mus Dev
« on: November 23, 2009, 09:37:45 AM »
Congrats
A

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Re: Cedric Mcmillan signs with Muscular Development
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 09:38:31 AM »
Who?

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 09:42:02 AM »
Who?
I think he is friends with Bernie Mac?

Steve Namat

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • IFBB PRO www.stevenamat.com
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 09:42:22 AM »
Congrats! Awesome potential!

Let's cancel Trey's contract and give all the money to Cedric!!!!!!!!

Armstrong

• Getbig III
  • Victor got screwed.
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009, 09:44:36 AM »
 ::)

Signing athletes is so dumb, especially when they wont sell one single extra issue because of it.  Who makes these ridiculous decisions?
Everything is BIGGER in Texas!!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2009, 09:48:10 AM »
they trying to replace Dennis wolf?

nukkaready

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2009, 11:22:24 AM »
::)

Signing athletes is so dumb, especially when they wont sell one single extra issue because of it.  Who makes these ridiculous decisions?

It helps to bleed out magazines like Muscle Mag and Iron Man for instance who don't sign up athletes... look at the crappy photo material you find in Iron Man. I believe Muscle Mag is finally signing up a few more pros also as they've realized they don't get any good photos from leading pros... so yes... it serves a purpose... the best photo material is too be found in Flex & Muscular Development... the two mags that have signed up the most & best athletes.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2009, 11:27:43 AM »
I think he is friends with Bernie Mac?

Yes!  That it.  I heard he was very entertaining.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2009, 12:25:14 PM »
congratulations to the guy, he deserved it.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2009, 12:58:49 PM »
It helps to bleed out magazines like Muscle Mag and Iron Man for instance who don't sign up athletes... look at the crappy photo material you find in Iron Man. I believe Muscle Mag is finally signing up a few more pros also as they've realized they don't get any good photos from leading pros... so yes... it serves a purpose... the best photo material is too be found in Flex & Muscular Development... the two mags that have signed up the most & best athletes.
Uh, isn't Muscletech under MuscleMag? That is where they first broke ground. If so, then MuscleMag already signs bbers, under Muscletech

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2009, 01:10:34 PM »
Uh, isn't Muscletech under MuscleMag? That is where they first broke ground. If so, then MuscleMag already signs bbers, under Muscletech

This question has been asked here for years and so far I believe the consensus is that the two were related in the networking sense, but not through actual business association, i.e., the owner of MuscleTech was friends with Robert Kennedy from MUSCLEMAG who helped him get his star.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2009, 01:17:03 PM »
This question has been asked here for years and so far I believe the consensus is that the two were related in the networking sense, but not through actual business association, i.e., the owner of MuscleTech was friends with Robert Kennedy from MUSCLEMAG who helped him get his star.
I remember back in 96-97, when Musclemag and Muscletech were featuring Greg Kovacs and Scott Milne in their ads and on MuscleMag covers. I always thought that Muscletech was a subsidiary of Musclemag, that they got into thesupplement business much like Weider did.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2009, 01:24:30 PM »
I remember back in 96-97, when Musclemag and Muscletech were featuring Greg Kovacs and Scott Milne in their ads and on MuscleMag covers. I always thought that Muscletech was a subsidiary of Musclemag, that they got into thesupplement business much like Weider did.

I thought the same thing based on the extent of advertising in MUSCLEMAG but apparently that is not the case.  A few guys on here have more knowledge on the subject and explained the scenario.  There is a bit more information in these posts:

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=301415.msg4312815#msg4312815

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=81797.msg3882677#msg3882677

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=271795.msg4043634#msg4043634
Bodybuilding Pro.com

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2009, 02:02:47 PM »
That Paul guy who they used as there first hydroxycut model started in one of Bob's stores and later on his magazine staff , Im sure he was one of the original owners of Muscletech.

Up until that point MMI was the best BB mag out , Zulak used to slam all the supplement companys for there scams and how they used BBs on huge amounts of drugs to promote there products , next minute he is promoting the hell out of MT any chance he gets , people would write in with a question regarding nothing to do with MT and by the end of his answer he had turned it into how great MT is..I lost total respect for Bob and his mag from that point and even more Greg Zulak who up till then  his articles were good and honest , especialy in regards to hard gaining natural trainers plus scams in BB.  >:(

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2009, 02:03:36 PM »
I thought the same thing based on the extent of advertising in MUSCLEMAG but apparently that is not the case.  A few guys on here have more knowledge on the subject and explained the scenario.  There is a bit more information in these posts:

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=301415.msg4312815#msg4312815

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=81797.msg3882677#msg3882677

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=271795.msg4043634#msg4043634
Thanks, btw, their Celltech shit sucked ass.

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2009, 02:41:52 PM »
That Paul guy who they used as there first hydroxycut model started in one of Bob's stores and later on his magazine staff , Im sure he was one of the original owners of Muscletech.

Up until that point MMI was the best BB mag out , Zulak used to slam all the supplement companys for there scams and how they used BBs on huge amounts of drugs to promote there products , next minute he is promoting the hell out of MT any chance he gets , people would write in with a question regarding nothing to do with MT and by the end of his answer he had turned it into how great MT is..I lost total respect for Bob and his mag from that point and even more Greg Zulak who up till then  his articles were good and honest , especialy in regards to hard gaining natural trainers plus scams in BB.  >:(

Zulak was never that knowledgable, he looked that way but then the internet came along and you can get a lot more opinions than one guy who was chosen to write for one of the muscle magazines.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2009, 03:24:22 PM »
Zulak was never that knowledgable, he looked that way but then the internet came along and you can get a lot more opinions than one guy who was chosen to write for one of the muscle magazines.

He spoke from his experience , just an average guy with average genetics that spoke on what he found worked for him with steroids,training , supplements and from observing pros and speaking with guys with alot of knowledge from years of working with BBs and strength athletes..Most of us are in the same boat as him in regards to just an average joe and at the time his knowledge was a welcome releif as he had experienced it over many years , so to pass that along when most young guys were trying to do routines that Arnold followed for his olympia prep it was like the bible.

Of course the internet is leap years ahead , you are in touch with many minds around the world in an instant , magazines come out monthly and are usely printed a couple of months before release.
You just cant compare the two ages/eras , to say He isnt knowledgable is just silly when looking at the context..his knowledge came from experience from years of training and rubbing shoulders with people in this "sport".
You or I can not claim to anything near his experience.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2009, 04:23:33 PM »

As I understood it, the mag's revenue stream was getting weaker with fewer subscription sales and they were finding it more difficult to sell ads.  So, Kennedy finally decided to get into the powder game, because that's where the real money was being made, and he's been accumulating serious wealth ever since making that move. 

Does that mean he's the primary owner of the company?  I don't know, but I'd find it very hard to believe that he had NO ownership stake whatsoever.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: NPC Nationals: Cedric Mcmillan signs with Mus Dev
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2009, 04:29:42 PM »
Separate companies - talked about a few hundreds times here on the boards.

Cedric McMillan was the overall men's bodybuilding champion this past weekend at the NPC Nationals, beating out Seth Feroce for that title.     He deserved it, and backstage, and on Sunday, was gracious and very appreciative.

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2009, 04:30:11 PM »
He spoke from his experience , just an average guy with average genetics that spoke on what he found worked for him with steroids,training , supplements and from observing pros and speaking with guys with alot of knowledge from years of working with BBs and strength athletes..Most of us are in the same boat as him in regards to just an average joe and at the time his knowledge was a welcome releif as he had experienced it over many years , so to pass that along when most young guys were trying to do routines that Arnold followed for his olympia prep it was like the bible.

Of course the internet is leap years ahead , you are in touch with many minds around the world in an instant , magazines come out monthly and are usely printed a couple of months before release.
You just cant compare the two ages/eras , to say He isnt knowledgable is just silly when looking at the context..his knowledge came from experience from years of training and rubbing shoulders with people in this "sport".
You or I can not claim to anything near his experience.

He never looked like he trained. To me, consistentcy and trying things out are the biggest things. IMO he didn't have that, just cause he did some cycles.....did he train in between them?

Dorian's 1st book taught me a lot in regards to ways to improve when you hit plateaus. Off Zulaks columns i never learnt anything.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2009, 04:43:23 PM »
Separate companies - talked about a few hundreds times here on the boards.

You didn't say 'separate owners'.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2009, 04:44:17 PM »
He never looked like he trained. To me, consistentcy and trying things out are the biggest things. IMO he didn't have that, just cause he did some cycles.....did he train in between them?

Dorian's 1st book taught me a lot in regards to ways to improve when you hit plateaus. Off Zulaks columns i never learnt anything.
Greg used to suffer bad flare up's from Colitis Like Mike Francois did.
He posted pics of himself on gear and looked good but would never win a show , but like I said he was just an average guy.
His illness stopped him from training and eatting correctly , he once said his friends gave him the nickname of the incredible shrinking man as off gear he would get ill again and lose 40 odd pounds just like that.He found using nandralone helped him lead a semi normal life.

His columns were in the later part of the 90s , his articles before this were outstanding.
I still reread one that he wrote Sense,common sense and pure nonsense..His articles lifted the lid on alot of bullshit that all the other mags were pushing..He gave training routines that a natural shou :-\ld follow not the bs that was written in the weider publications.

When MT came around thats when he changed , around the same time they launched his uncensored column.

Everything he used to preach against about supplement fraud he started preaching.thats when to me he sold out..Big money can turn even the staunchist critic I guess.

lift 456

• Getbig III
  • Italian Stallion
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2009, 05:21:39 PM »
congrats to ced.... he owned the weekend and dwarfed everyone
I

RJ DRIVER

• Getbig IV
  • I'm like a retard minus the strength
Props to Matt T
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2009, 06:03:26 PM »
He may be a dumbass when it comes to geography but he knows bodybuilding.  He predicted Cedric Macmillan to win it a month or so ago. So props to him.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: Props to Matt T
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2009, 06:19:59 PM »
*CRICKETS*