Author Topic: Within 48 hours this entire Politics Board has gone to Hell  (Read 1601 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Within 48 hours this entire Politics Board has gone to Hell
« on: November 24, 2009, 07:16:06 PM »
I am not one to tell the mods how to do their job, but within the last 48 hours this entire board has gone to utter shit.  There has always been a good back and forth amongst posters, with occasional personal attacks, but nothing really over the line.   

Where myself and other posted articles, thoughts, etc, we now have 5th graders run amok posting garbage not worthy of this board.   

We have this troll Nicky who is posting personal attacks, stalking people, etc.

We have a fake vet trolling and stalking people again. 

We have posters whose intelligence level stops at their ability to post nonsensical clips and making personal attacks.

90% of liberal posters here are simply incapable of putting together a coherent sentence, let alone a thought or argument that does not include petty name calling. 

There are a few like Straw, Al, and others who actually read and can articulate themselves without resorting to 3rd grade level nonsense.

On the other hand, we have posters like GW, Shoot, Gigantor, Kazan Tony, who will actually put forth an argument and debate. 

We also have posters like Samson and others who I may not always agree with, but post very informative articles and provoke thought and debate. 

So my question is this to everyone:

Do you want a board to debate issues and topics of the day, or do you want petty name calling, personal attacks, and stalking? 

James

Re: Within 48 hours this entire Politics Board has gone to Hell
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 07:23:48 PM »
I am not one to tell the mods how to do their job, but within the last 48 hours this entire board has gone to utter shit.  There has always been a good back and forth amongst posters, with occasional personal attacks, but nothing really over the line.  

Where myself and other posted articles, thoughts, etc, we now have 5th graders run amok posting garbage not worthy of this board.  

We have posters whose intelligence level stops at their ability to post nonsensical clips and making personal attacks.

90% of liberal posters here are simply incapable of putting together a coherent sentence, let alone a thought or argument that does not include petty name calling.

There are a few like Straw, Al, and others who actually read and can articulate themselves without resorting to 3rd grade level nonsense.

On the other hand, we have posters like GW, Shoot, Gigantor, Kazan Tony, who will actually put forth an argument and debate.

We also have posters like Samson and others who I may not always agree with, but post very informative articles and provoke thought and debate.

Do you want a board to debate issues and topics of the day, or do you want petty name calling, personal attacks, and stalking?  

You are correct, the Board has gone down in the last few days.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009, 07:31:42 PM »
Come on James, you know I like you. 

As for 240 - he is one of the best posters here.  He engages in debate, does not personally attack people, and keeps things moving along.

Billy is just a trip.  His posts sometimes have me laughing my ass off.  But Billy engages in debate and posts arguments. 

nicky.smth

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Hugo Chavez looks like hugo chavez
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2009, 07:38:40 PM »
I'm the new board sheriff around around..if you guys don't like it than leave..

This board has gone to shit with all the people constantly posting about wanting America to fail, and not wanting a black man to succeed, etc

I will save this board...I'm making a promise... 8)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2009, 07:41:54 PM »
I'm the new board sheriff around around..if you guys don't like it than leave..

This board has gone to shit with all the people constantly posting about wanting America to fail, and not wanting a black man to succeed, etc

I will save this board...I'm making a promise... 8)

Your doing a wonderful job posting personal attacks, attacks on palins' baby, calling names, and otherwise acting like a complete ass. 

Good job bro. 

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2009, 07:46:59 PM »
How about we all just tries to avoid the copy and paste for the majority of the threads we start. And perhaps look around the board for an already existing board to reply on instead of starting a new thread?
a little common sense practice.
As empty as paradise

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2009, 07:49:41 PM »
How about we all just tries to avoid the copy and paste for the majority of the threads we start. And perhaps look around the board for an already existing board to reply on instead of starting a new thread?

Hedge,

(Subject Change)  Do you still believe in no capital punishment regardless of the circumstances?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2009, 07:50:14 PM »

The articles I post are right off the WSJ and RCP daily stuff.  Its as up to date as it gets and often contains highly relevent details on legislation going through congress.  If people here are not of the intellectual level to read articles, well, sorry but . . .

Hedge, you are a smart guy and I know you think about stuff, but would you prefer I post a Politico or WSJ article, or start a thread:

"Obama sucks"
"Palin rocks, yeah baby"
"Screw those welfare queens in C Town"

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2009, 07:51:36 PM »
We need to  get some more Palin threads going, good or bad, I don't care. There really isnt enough on the board regarding this woman.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2009, 07:54:43 PM »
We need to  get some more Palin threads going, good or bad, I don't care. There really isnt enough on the board regarding this woman.

Bindare - 90% of of the stuff I post is highly diverse and relvent to major issues going on.  Yet, I am attacked and these idiots spend their time on Palins' baby.

Hugo, if you want to the board to be that way, fine, but this will result in many like myself, bindare, gigsantor, shoot and others going elsewhere if things descend to the level of a 9 y/o. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2009, 07:57:40 PM »
I don't have a problem with copy paste.  people do it when they want to talk about the material.  There is one person only that seems willing to paste away but seems to have no interest in adding anything to the discussion.  that part i find annoying, but you really need to get up off the ongoing copy/paste rant.  If they're debating the material well stfu.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2009, 08:04:59 PM »

Hedge,

(Subject Change)  Do you still believe in no capital punishment regardless of the circumstances?
Definitely.
I am against it in any case.
Would also like to add that I think it is very bad for the justice system if you allow victims to have an influence on sentencing. That to me is unthinkable.
that would put us on the level of sharia who is all about retribution.
As empty as paradise

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2009, 08:08:34 PM »
hugo and 3366, good points. You're probably right.
As empty as paradise

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2009, 08:10:11 PM »
Definitely.
Would also like to add that I think it is very bad for the justice system if you allow victims to have an influence on sentencing. That to me is unthinkable.

Yeah,  I somewhat remember having this conversation with you when i first joined Getbig.  Just wasn't sure it was you after all this time.  Although i don't agree, i found your view point interesting and thought provoking.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2009, 08:11:19 PM »
hugo and 3366, good points. You're probably right.

Hedge - most of the stuff I get is right off of RCP.  Its a great site.  

I can sling mud with anyone, but that really is not fun for me.  I musch prefer a debate on ideas, topics, issues, events.

Instead, with people like mons, nicky, blacken, etc, westalking  get palins baby, name calling, stalking, etc,

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2009, 08:28:00 PM »
Yeah,  I somewhat remember having this conversation with you when i first joined Getbig.
the one good question for proponents of the capitol punishment is how do you solve the problem with that there always will be a certain percentage of convictions that are wrong?

There is no do over with a lethal injection.
and you can't have a system where only those that it's 'very obvious' that they did it are put away.
As empty as paradise

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2009, 08:31:22 PM »
the one good question for proponents of the capitol punishment is how do you solve the problem with that there always will be a certain percentage of convictions that are wrong?

and you can't have a system where only those that it's 'very obvious' that they did it are put away.

Why couldn't you have a system that determines that they did it to a 100% degree?

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2009, 08:42:46 PM »
I am not one to tell the mods how to do their job, but within the last 48 hours this entire board has gone to utter shit.  There has always been a good back and forth amongst posters, with occasional personal attacks, but nothing really over the line.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2009, 08:43:59 PM »
Ha ha.  I'll remind you of that the next time someone complains of the Obama bashing. 

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2009, 08:52:19 PM »
for someone who blasts slayer all day and owns a stockpile of guns, you...

ah fuck it.

you should be happy this isnt a nazi board. Its really loose here. So someone goes after you and the tears start rollin. Buck up man!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2009, 08:53:41 PM »
for someone who blasts slayer all day and owns a stockpile of guns, you...

ah fuck it.

you should be happy this isnt a nazi board. Its really loose here. So someone goes after you and the tears start rollin. Buck up man!

Attack me on the substance and the issues, not on juvenile crap. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2009, 08:54:32 PM »
Definitely.
the death penalty isnt just about retribution its also about protection and punishment for the crime. Its a 3 pronged reasoning system most would argue that retribution to the victims is last in the justification for capital punishment.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2009, 09:03:52 PM »

what about someone who pleads guilty to a crime, is that not 100%?

there will always be a small portion of ppl wrongly imprisoned lets say 1%(which i believe is what the assumed rate is by the justice department) there have been about 47 executions this yr from what i can find.

So of those 47 there is a 0.47% chance that there is a innocent person among them...

The argument that there will always be innocent ppl convicted so we shouldnt use capital punishment is logically flawed. By that logic we shouldnt punish at all after all there is a chance that they are innocent.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2009, 10:31:46 PM »
I don't have a problem with copy paste.  people do it when they want to talk about the material.  There is one person only that seems willing to paste away but seems to have no interest in adding anything to the discussion.  that part i find annoying, but you really need to get up off the ongoing copy/paste rant.  If they're debating the material well stfu.

???

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V