Author Topic: SEALS charged for terrorist's bloody lip - Outrageous  (Read 1029 times)

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
SEALS charged for terrorist's bloody lip - Outrageous
« on: November 25, 2009, 05:20:46 AM »
This is administration is going overboard...charging our own heroes for something like this...

Navy SEALs Face Assault Charges for Capturing Most-Wanted Terrorist
Tuesday, November 24, 2009 

March 31, 2004: Iraqis chant anti-American slogans as the charred and mutilated bodies of U.S. contractors hang from a bridge over the Euphrates River in Fallujah, Iraq.
Navy SEALs have secretly captured one of the most wanted terrorists in Iraq — the alleged mastermind of the murder and mutilation of four Blackwater USA security guards in Fallujah in 2004. And three of the SEALs who captured him are now facing criminal charges.

The three, all members of the Navy's elite commando unit, have refused non-judicial punishment — called an admiral's mast — and have requested a trial by court-martial.

Ahmed Hashim Abed, whom the military code-named "Objective Amber," told investigators he was punched by his captors — and he had the bloody lip to prove it.

Now, instead of being lauded for bringing to justice a high-value target, three of the SEAL commandos, all enlisted, face assault charges and have retained lawyers.

Matthew McCabe, a Special Operations Petty Officer Second Class (SO-2), is facing three charges: dereliction of performance of duty for willfully failing to safeguard a detainee, making a false official statement, and assault.

Petty Officer Jonathan Keefe, SO-2, is facing charges of dereliction of performance of duty and making a false official statement.
Petty Officer Julio Huertas, SO-1, faces those same charges and an additional charge of impediment of an investigation.

The three SEALs will be arraigned separately on Dec. 7. Another three SEALs — two officers and an enlisted sailor — have been identified by investigators as witnesses but have not been charged.

FoxNews.com obtained the official handwritten statement from one of the three witnesses given on Sept. 3, hours after Abed was captured and still being held at the SEAL base at Camp Baharia. He was later taken to a cell in the U.S.-operated Green Zone in Baghdad.

The SEAL told investigators he had showered after the mission, gone to the kitchen and then decided to look in on the detainee.
"I gave the detainee a glance over and then left," the SEAL wrote. "I did not notice anything wrong with the detainee and he appeared in good health."

Lt. Col. Holly Silkman, spokeswoman for the special operations component of U.S. Central Command, confirmed Tuesday to FoxNews.com that three SEALs have been charged in connection with the capture of a detainee. She said their court martial is scheduled for January.

United States Central Command declined to discuss the detainee, but a legal source told FoxNews.com that the detainee was turned over to Iraqi authorities, to whom he made the abuse complaints. He was then returned to American custody. The SEAL leader reported the charge up the chain of command, and an investigation ensued.

The source said intelligence briefings provided to the SEALs stated that "Objective Amber" planned the 2004 Fallujah ambush, and "they had been tracking this guy for some time."

The Fallujah atrocity came to symbolize the brutality of the enemy in Iraq and the degree to which a homegrown insurgency was extending its grip over Iraq.

The four Blackwater agents were transporting supplies for a catering company when they were ambushed and killed by gunfire and grenades. Insurgents burned the bodies and dragged them through the city. They hanged two of the bodies on a bridge over the Euphrates River for the world press to photograph.

Intelligence sources identified Abed as the ringleader, but he had evaded capture until September.

The military is sensitive to charges of detainee abuse highlighted in the Abu Ghraib prison scandal. The Navy charged four SEALs with abuse in 2004 in connection with detainee treatment

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: SEALS charged for terrorist's bloody lip - Outrageous
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 05:32:39 AM »
Shoot - I posted this yersterday and no one responded.  Its disgusting and revolting. 

I am going to print this out and send to my reps. 

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME IMMEDIATELY!

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 05:38:04 AM »
Dude, I did not serve in the military but I feel a deep, deep sense of outrage here.  Please forward to anyone you know that has served.  Has to hit hard.
I support not abusing prisoners but this is military political correctness gone wrong.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 07:15:33 AM »
This is pathetic.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2009, 07:17:46 AM »
This is pathetic.

I already fired off a fax to my senators and congress people on this asking that they act on this. 

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2009, 08:09:36 AM »
Typical lib bullshit, always side with the bad guys ::) IMHO when in doubt double tap the fucker
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

nicky.smth

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Hugo Chavez looks like hugo chavez
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2009, 08:24:32 AM »
Typical lib bullshit, always side with the bad guys ::) IMHO when in doubt double tap the fucker

you add nothing positive to the board..Just the typical liberal bullshit post

You sound like an understudy of Joe marino

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2009, 11:25:52 AM »
you add nothing positive to the board..Just the typical liberal bullshit post

You sound like an understudy of Joe marino

OK "mr is just googled repub and see what I found", take your lib PC touchy feely crap to someone who gives a fuck what you think.
But its OK don't be a little bitch, i have some good news! I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to geico

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2009, 11:41:37 AM »
Its political correctness run amok AGAIN.We worry more about what our enemies think about us then we do with defeating them.

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2009, 11:47:21 AM »
Bad decision by the military on this one.  I agree we can not tolerate abuse of captured terrorists but a bloody lip leading to a court martial? crazy.  I only hope the 30,000 more troops slated for the war zones don't have to face such lunacy when capturing the bad guys.
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2009, 11:51:30 AM »
Bad decision by the military on this one.  I agree we can not tolerate abuse of captured terrorists but a bloody lip leading to a court martial? crazy.  I only hope the 30,000 more troops slated for the war zones don't have to face such lunacy when capturing the bad guys.

Either they be allowed to their job, or bring them home. 

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2009, 12:05:35 PM »
Either they be allowed to their job, or bring them home. 

I don't think it's going to interfere with their job.  These guys will get off and common sense will prevail.  30,000 more troops are on the way so no time to pull out now.  We've got to go for the kill and finish him mortal kombat style!
Abandon every hope...

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2009, 05:03:19 PM »
I don't think it's going to interfere with their job.  These guys will get off and common sense will prevail.

I really hope you're right, KC.

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2009, 05:17:53 PM »
I don't think it's going to interfere with their job.  These guys will get off and common sense will prevail.  30,000 more troops are on the way so no time to pull out now.  We've got to go for the kill and finish him mortal kombat style!

Yeah so did Ramos and Campeon.  Those fuckers ended up needing a fucking Presidential pardon for "doing their job".  The US government is fucking out of control.  When will you, aka all the soldiers dying and fighting for rich white old men realize they don't give a fuck about you or anyone else.  People like HH6 defending his corrupt and evil government.......hell the fucking retard puts his life on the line for his "country".  LOL.  America right now isn't worth fighting for.  The military needs to start siding with the people and we need to kick the bums in Washington out.  It's a travesty what the SEALs are being charged with.  America's true warriors and they get pissed on by their government.  LMAO!  Soldiers are fucking idiots I tell you.

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2009, 06:30:24 PM »
Perhaps they are trying to encourage the boys to take no prisoners...

Next time lads - he died in a shoot out - get it right...

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2009, 11:45:56 PM »
I think the charges may have more to do with falsifying reports, lying to a commander etc, than a bloody lip.

Soldiers are supposed to follow orders, not think on their own, but to follow orders, and when you falsify a report and lie to superiors... it indicates a certain degree of independence of thought which cannot be abided, not in the military. The military must maintain discipline & obedience. I personally don't think they care one hoot about a bloody lip, but they care about being lied to.
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2009, 04:25:09 AM »
I think the charges may have more to do with falsifying reports, lying to a commander etc, than a bloody lip.

Soldiers are supposed to follow orders, not think on their own, but to follow orders, and when you falsify a report and lie to superiors... it indicates a certain degree of independence of thought which cannot be abided, not in the military. The military must maintain discipline & obedience. I personally don't think they care one hoot about a bloody lip, but they care about being lied to.

Why are you taking the side of the terrorist in this?  Did it ever occur to you that maybe the vile murdering terrorits was lying and making stuff up?

IMHO this dirtbag is lucky he did not get two in the back of the head and left in a ditch. 

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2009, 04:32:19 AM »
Why are you taking the side of the terrorist in this?  Did it ever occur to you that maybe the vile murdering terrorits was lying and making stuff up?

IMHO this dirtbag is lucky he did not get two in the back of the head and left in a ditch. 

I am not taking the side of the terrorist. I'm attempting to possibly explain the reasoning of the US Justice Dept.
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2009, 04:34:45 AM »
I am not taking the side of the terrorist. I'm attempting to possibly explain the reasoning of the US Justice Dept.

And their reasoning is based on their trusting the word of the terrorist over the SEALS.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2009, 04:36:20 AM »
And their reasoning is based on their trusting the word of the terrorist over the SEALS.

I would hope they are basing their decisions on more than simply the word of one man.
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2009, 04:37:49 AM »
I would hope they are basing their decisions on more than simply the word of one man.

Me too.  However, lets assume that they did punch the guy.  So what? 

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2009, 04:50:10 AM »
Me too.  However, lets assume that they did punch the guy.  So what? 

I believe the big "so what" is the fact that they lied to superiors and falsified reports about it.
I don't think anyone cares about a busted lip. The man is living in a war zone. If a busted lip is all he has, then he should consider himself rather fortunate. The military however, cannot afford to have soldiers who lie to them and falsify reports in order to do want they want. A soldier goes off base to get laid... heck he deserves it, ...but the MPs will still come looking for him if he's AWOL and does not have permission to be off base. Obedience without question is the name of the game, and disobeying, lying, and falsifying records doesn't sit well. When you have soldiers... men with guns, and trained to kill without conscience, conspiring to disobey military orders and commanders... you shut that stuff down HARD! Like I said, ...I don't think they care about a busted lip. They care about maintaining discipline and obedience.
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2009, 04:53:54 AM »
Yeah, but if it never happened as the seals are saying, then there was never anything to cover up in the first place.