Author Topic: Britian 'knew sadaam had destroyed WMD'  (Read 795 times)

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
Britian 'knew sadaam had destroyed WMD'
« on: November 25, 2009, 11:49:41 AM »
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/politics/article6931174.ece

Intelligence information that Saddam Hussein had dismantled his weapons of mass destruction programme was received by the Foreign Office days before Tony Blair ordered the invasion of Iraq, an inquiry into the war heard today.

The revelation on the second day of the Chilcot Inquiry will raise fresh questions about the justification for invading Iraq in March 2003.

The inquiry heard that the Foreign Office did not believe that Iraq had a large number of long-range missiles and that the claim that Saddam could launch a chemical or biological attack within 45 minutes related only to battlefield weapons and not those capable of reaching other countries.

Hans Blix, the chief United Nations weapons inspector, told the Foreign Office at the end of February 2003, a few weeks before the invasion, that Saddam might not have any weapons of mass destruction, the inquiry heard. The information was passed to Government ministers....
Abandon every hope...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Britian 'knew sadaam had destroyed WMD'
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 12:02:58 PM »
iraq needed invaded for fcking with the dollar.  boom baby,

that silly WMD nonsense is for people who believe in santa claus.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 12:04:39 PM »
I think the real reason was to set up bases, oil, and show other countries WTF is up. 

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 12:08:58 PM »
Pretty poor excuse to lose a bunch of soldiers if you ask me.  We could have sent those guys to Afghanistan fu*ked up the taliban and really sent a message not to mess with us.  Instead we are in limbo with more troops being sent, unstable democracies in place and rising anti-American sentiment.  Not good. 
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2009, 12:12:49 PM »
Pretty poor excuse to lose a bunch of soldiers if you ask me.  We could have sent those guys to Afghanistan fu*ked up the taliban and really sent a message not to mess with us.  Instead we are in limbo with more troops being sent, unstable democracies in place and rising anti-American sentiment.  Not good. 

I dont disagree.  Like I said, GWB earned his place in history. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2009, 12:17:30 PM »
"I think the real reason was to set up bases, oil, and show other countries WTF is up.  '

Those are all good reasons.

Especially the last one.  Saddam dropped the dollar and we had to make an example.  we did the same threat to iran when they did it, but cheney didn't cook em.

now, everybody is dropping it, and ya can't attack everyone, right?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2009, 12:18:37 PM »
"I think the real reason was to set up bases, oil, and show other countries WTF is up.  "

Dude, you should have seen the fierce debates here a few years back.  people like beach bum roling their eyes for 3 years straight about iraq being about anything but WMD.

'We're not here for the oil, and there aren't gonna be any bases.  And nobody cares about the dollar, that is CT nonsense'

ah, what a time of bliss here!

Mons Venus

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2009, 12:27:03 PM »
I think the real reason was to set up bases, oil, and show other countries WTF is up. 

In the process we bankrupted a nation.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2009, 12:36:05 PM »
In the process we bankrupted a nation.

We definately did not help the situation. 

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2009, 06:35:06 PM »
iraq needed invaded for fcking with the dollar.  boom baby,

Well - that worked out well, didn't it ?  ;D

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2009, 06:38:29 PM »
Anyone and Everyone who was paying attention to publicly broadcasted news knew that Saddam didn't have WMD's

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2009, 06:40:47 PM »
Anyone and Everyone who was paying attention to publicly broadcasted news knew that Saddam didn't have WMD's
sigghhhhh  ::) for the n^th fucking time there was conflicting intel hindsight is always 20/20...

I think it was more about getting a foothold in the region next to Iran

If we are able to run operations through or from Iraq we could if need be be in Iran in a few hours.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2009, 07:01:23 PM »
sigghhhhh  ::) for the n^th fucking time there was conflicting intel hindsight is always 20/20...

I think it was more about getting a foothold in the region next to Iran

If we are able to run operations through or from Iraq we could if need be be in Iran in a few hours.

the night we started bombing Iraq I told everyone in my office we wouldn't find WMD's

I knew that from listening to the radio

everyone who was paying attention to the news knew that

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2009, 11:32:50 PM »
the night we started bombing Iraq I told everyone in my office we wouldn't find WMD's

Anyone with an understanding of what was really going on and told the truth was called "Anti-American"  ::)

Throughout history... anyone making such a bold attempt at "Empire", has gone down to defeat. The fiscal and physical costs of sustaining such an unsustainable endeavor are far too great on those making the attempt. Sooner or later, the people wake up and say WTF?! It's the age old story of the fox chasing the rabbit. Eventually the fox runs out of steam, because he's simply running for his dinner, ...but the rabbit... the rabbit runs for his life.

Thanks to GWB, the neo-cons, and their ambitions of Empire, the previous decade will go down in history as 'the decade of lost possibilities & wasted potential.'
w

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2009, 01:08:40 AM »

yes and the moment they started talking about bail outs and stimulus bills i knew they would be failures...

you didnt know shit, you thought one way and hind sight bias says you feel you thought you knew...

idiot

youve never been able to dispute the fact there was conflicting intel...

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2009, 03:58:04 AM »
yes and the moment they started talking about bail outs and stimulus bills i knew they would be failures...

you didnt know shit, you thought one way and hind sight bias says you feel you thought you knew...

idiot

youve never been able to dispute the fact there was conflicting intel...

There was NEVER any conflicting intel. The only conflicting information was the truth, ...and the ies the Bush admin spun to the American public. The rest of the world knew the truth. Why do you think the USA's standing inthe world went down so far so quickly?  ::) You're like the boy in the plastic bubble. lol. Wake Up! There's a great big world outside of the US borders and outside of FOXNews.
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2009, 04:39:04 AM »
There was NEVER any conflicting intel. The only conflicting information was the truth, ...and the ies the Bush admin spun to the American public. The rest of the world knew the truth. Why do you think the USA's standing inthe world went down so far so quickly?  ::) You're like the boy in the plastic bubble. lol. Wake Up! There's a great big world outside of the US borders and outside of FOXNews.

I always felt that Bush should have just been honest about the reason for going in there.  He may have had support anyway,IMHO.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2009, 04:59:34 AM »
bush should have hired a well-trusted american like tom hanks or george clooney.

they come on TV, explain iraq is dropping the dollar to cripple us financially, and detail what life is liek here if everyone drops the buck.

Then, he could detail the attack we're going to use to oust saddam and put in a new guy that will keep iraqi oil fields in USD.