Author Topic: I think Dennis Wolf weighed exactly what he wanted to weigh at the Olympia...  (Read 2476 times)

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
I was just reading the July 2009 edition of Muscular Development. Flex Wheeler does a critique of Jay and Wolf.

Flex talked about their contests bodyweights and bone structures.

Flex said that Wolf weighed 270lbs for the 2007 and 2008 Olympia shows. Flex said that Wolf felt that he over dieted in 2008 and shouldve weighed 285. (sounds like he was setting a bodyweight goal of 285lbs for the '09 Olympia)

So, in the end, I think Dennis weighed in at 285lbs at the 2009 Olympia (a bodyweight he was shooting for) and it landed him in last place.

I now think he felt embarrassed and didnt want to admitt his own faulty plan, so he blamed Chad for the poor placing. But, after reading Flex's words, I think Wolf was self deceived that he could weigh 285lbs and win the title.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
He shouldn't give two fucks about figures........just replicate everything he did in 07 and he IS Mr Olympia.
No doubt about it...

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
He shouldn't give two fucks about figures........just replicate everything he did in 07 and he IS Mr Olympia.
NO,,,

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong

The question is if his body is still capable of doing so?

Always easy to say "Just replicate your shape from so and so...", but your body changes as well every year. Everyone basically is only once at his best. Schlierkamp never managed to get back to his 2002 shape, Ruhl never got back to his shape he had at the NoC, Coleman never managed to replicate his 1999 or 2001 Arnolds showing.

spinnis

well    ....you're wrong.

Flex said this, flex said that. Flex SPEWS Bs.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
Well leading up to the show wasnt it posted here at getbig that Wolf was going to be considerably heavier than he was in 2008? Like he was planning on being much heavier.

Turns out that Wolf was a lot heavier than he was in 2008. And i dont know if its all Chads fault

Marlo Stanfield

• Getbig IV
  • You want it to be one way,but it's the other way.
I was just reading the July 2009 edition of Muscular Development. Flex Wheeler does a critique of Jay and Wolf.

Flex said that Wolf weighed 270lbs for the 2006 and 2007 Olympia shows. Flex said that Wolf felt that he over dieted in 2008 and shouldve weighed 285. (sounds like he was setting a bodyweight goal of 285lbs for the '09 Olympia)

So, in the end, I think Dennis weighed in at 285lbs at the 2009 Olympia (a bodyweight he was shooting for) and it landed him in last place.

I now think he felt embarrassed and didnt want to admitt his own faulty plan, so he blamed Chad for the poor placing. But, after reading Flex's words, I think Wolf was self deceived that he could weigh 285lbs and win the title.

VERY OVERRATED...

Julio Ceasar

• Getbig V
I haven't seen any pro bodybuilder gaining weight without loosing details and hardness. Wolf gaining weight = softer, Ronnie Gaining weight  = softer, Phil Heath gaining weigth = softer, Dorian = softer, Grapefruitman = softer, Darrem Charles = softer....

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum

I agree.  There is no need for Wolf to reinvent the wheel if the result is what we saw this year at the Olympia.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Marlo Stanfield

• Getbig IV
  • You want it to be one way,but it's the other way.
I haven't seen any pro bodybuilder gaining weight without loosing details and hardness. Wolf gaining weight = softer, Ronnie Gaining weight  = softer, Phil Heath gaining weigth = softer, Dorian = softer, Grapefruitman = softer, Darrem Charles = softer....
Correction: GAINING WEIGHT TOO FAST !!!

for example trying to add 30 lbs in a year

Julio Ceasar

• Getbig V
Correction: GAINING WEIGHT TOO FAST !!!

for example trying to add 30 lbs in a year

Correction: Gaining weight :D

No pro get the same details and hardness they once had after gaining weight.

jwb

• Getbig V
wolf has a long waist and in 2007 it was slim and tight... as soon as he lost that he was finished.

ronnie can have a gut because of his short torso, low lats and upper back thickness... things wolf doesn't have.

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
Wolf has a Weider contract and Bob Cicherillo's blessing

he has all the tools to be Mr. Olympia

Meso_z

• Getbig V

Flex said that Wolf weighed 270lbs for the 2007 and 2008 Olympia shows. Flex said that Wolf felt that he over dieted in 2008 and shouldve weighed 285. (sounds like he was setting a bodyweight goal of 285lbs for the '09 Olympia)

aint no Ronnie Coleman.

TRIX

• Getbig IV
  • If you mess with me I'll have to fuck you up
I thought wolf was 250 in 2007

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
I thought wolf was 250 in 2007

yeh, i heard that too
Amazing how he can jump from 250 in 07 to 270 in 08 and be smaller  ::)

Just bullshit claims on how much bodybuilders weigh, no surprise here

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
 :'( :'(

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
Wolf should throw his scale away and use his mirror!! 

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
Wolf should throw his scale away and use his mirror!! 
X2