Author Topic: Post your Black Friday purchases here!  (Read 4273 times)

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Post your Black Friday purchases here!
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2009, 11:25:41 AM »
this is where i spent my black friday.
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2009, 11:29:32 AM »
and this is what i was doing.
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2009, 11:31:01 AM »
there ya go that's my christmas present to all of ya on here. print em out hang em on ya wall. yor welcopme ya ungrateful bastards. happy festivus to all.
F

Marlo Stanfield

• Getbig IV
  • You want it to be one way,but it's the other way.
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2009, 11:37:11 AM »
Let us know what you studs got.  I will go out and buy something somewhere I think.   Will update later today.
you mean " African-American" Friday  ???

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2009, 11:39:39 AM »
this is where i spent my black friday.

A true hardcore iron warrior who takes no prisoners.  I bet you wear the prototypical Champion or Everlast full 100% heavy duty cotton warm up suit HOOD ON during workouts as well?  LMAO! 

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2009, 11:41:12 AM »
A true hardcore iron warrior who takes no prisoners.  I bet you wear the prototypical Champion or Everlast full 100% heavy duty cotton warm up suit HOOD ON during workouts as well?  LMAO! 
       are ya kidding me nothing but spandex and my branch warren beanie when i work out.
F

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2009, 11:44:05 AM »
i got several new tattoo's and some other shit.

bench

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2009, 11:56:11 AM »
Swede!, Bobby,

Have no idea what the price-tag will be but at first they won't be cheap, but like every other new electronic wonder, the price will drop a lot within the first couple of years.

The untimate (as of now( home movie experience will be as follows:

I don't know if any of you are aware of how movies are made now-a-days, but what you see on the screen is not what you see on the sound stage when/where the movie is being filmed.

A lot of today's movie sets are merely a studio filled with a lot of 'boxes and ramps' of various sizes. Each of these boxes and ramps are painted a bright green color and the actors act on or around these green objects. And the entire background is nothing more than a gigantic green screen/curtain.

The actors go through their scenes as per the director's instructions.

"That green box there will be a stationary vehicle! So in this scene you will jump over it! Rigger!!? Rig him up"

And then they spend the next few hours filming this actor jumping over that green box with the green curtain in the background.

And right there on the set off in some little dark cornor sits a computer geek who watches the action on his computer screen, but instead of seeing that actor jump over a green box with the green screen in the background, he is seeing that actor jump over a Mercedes Benz on 5th Avenue in New York City or jumping over a locomotive with King Kong chasing him in the background.

There is a lot more involved that is years beyond my comprehension, but you might know a bit about it as "MOTION CAPTURE".

And in the not too distant future, you'll have a motion capture syetem in your own home and you'll more than likely never leave your home again.

Here's how that should work .....

You'll get into something similar to a wet suit with blue tooth type sensors all over it including every extremity of your body. (OH OH)

Your motion caption home theater will have a complete circle of motion capture sensors embedded along the walls and ceiling and floor and record each and every move that you can possibly make while wearing that motion capture suit. (Including facial expressions eventually.)

Then a computer will render/interpret your motions and embed them onto a huge, wall sized computer screen which will actually make you a feature part of the story/movie.

I have friends currently working on detective scripts (CSI similarity) and other action/adventure scripts that will allow you to be the detective and attempt to solve the crime or an adventure character in search of some famous treasure. These films (if and when produced) will feature many other actors, and you can play the part of any principal character in the movie and the story will proceed in accordance with any action you choose to perform.

And you see this all on screen as if you were in that movie.

AND THAT'S JUST THE START OF WHAT IS COMING UP WITHIN THE HOME ENTERTAINMENT BIZ. THERE'S NO BUSINESS LIKE THE FORTHCOMING HOME SHOW BUSINESS!

MY JOB!? I've had friends and family members in the movie business almost all my life. Mainly stunt people but some major stars too. I've worked on a few films but only because a friend or family member needed help or support. Or because I snuck on set just to show that it could be done or to meet some star that I had a lot of respect for at the time.

Only studio lot I ever had a problem getting on was 20th Century Fox because I wanted to say "Hello" to Marilyn Monroe who used to be a neighbor of ours (a few blocks away). That didn't hold any weight with the front gate guard though and I had to complain when I ran into Joe Dimaggio one afternoon at his brother's bar. That must have carried some weight because I drove in freely on my next visit to watch them film that David Duchovney TV show which name I forgot because I never do watch TV.

But I did meet more top stars back then. Probably a few more than OnlyMe even - Sinatra, Novak, Lewis, Stanwyk, Boone, Garner, Lee, etc.

But never Jonesy! DAMN!!!

Getting off subject and remenising  ..... sorry!

BACK ON TRACK....Wait for Black Friday 2020 and get a real MOTION CAPTURE Home Theater!

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2009, 12:00:23 PM »
What kind of computer is that and how much did it run you?

It's a Lenovo W700ds The way I had it configured it was just shy of $5,000.00 but after the sale and everything else I got it for just under $2,500.
No Worries 4 me

spinnis

« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2009, 12:05:57 PM »
It's a Lenovo W700ds The way I had it configured it was just shy of $5,000.00 but after the sale and everything else I got it for just under $2,500.

fuck! wtf are you gonna use it for?

you could build an AMAZING stationary computer for 5k lol

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2009, 12:23:08 PM »
fuck! wtf are you gonna use it for?

you could build an AMAZING stationary computer for 5k lol

Son, I make my money with my computer and when I travel I like to bring everything with me.  Now I am designing some new labels and I want an easier way to do it.  Plus, I like that little slide out screen so I can watch my internet TV while I work. 
No Worries 4 me

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2009, 12:24:35 PM »
i never have and never EVER will venture out on black friday....

wasn't it last yr some dood that worked for walmart got trampled to death when he opened the doors at 12 am  >:(

yep and nobody was punished for it

black friday is the day when humans become animals

E

E

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2009, 12:38:33 PM »
Im suprised there hasnt been a leftist complaining about american consumerism in this thread yet...

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
  • HAIL SATAN. I'm a bad ass...You're just an ass.
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2009, 12:40:37 PM »
PFFFT wake up whoever you are your dream is getting carried away here. Worst fake I have seen in a while. Nothing cheesier than a wannabe baller with a fake AP. Go jump off a bridge.

Thanks for your help. I will go get my money back. ::)
Gracie Rules

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2009, 12:43:32 PM »
i bought one of these badboys today

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2009, 01:57:37 PM »
Son, I make my money with my computer and when I travel I like to bring everything with me.  Now I am designing some new labels and I want an easier way to do it.  Plus, I like that little slide out screen so I can watch my internet TV while I work. 

Translation = I'm a struggling minimum wage earner doled out to do mindless work and traveling no else wants to do.  Plus, I have a work provided lab top I can brag about so it's all good. 

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2009, 02:06:35 PM »

Prices Salmon, prices!

If you studs could put regular retail and what you paid for it, it'd be nice!
Deep Tissue Massage

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2009, 02:10:09 PM »
I got some of this to go with the leftover turkey from last night.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2009, 02:14:28 PM »
Why it is called “Black Friday”

Black Friday as a term has been used in multiple contexts, going back to the nineteenth century, where it was associated with a financial crisis in 1869. The earliest uses of "Black Friday" to mean the day close to Thanksgiving come from or reference Philadelphia and refer to the heavy traffic on that day. The earliest known reference to "Black Friday" (in this sense), found by Bonnie Taylor-Blake of the American Dialect Society, refers to Black Friday 1965 and makes the Philadelphia origin explicit:

JANUARY 1966 -- "Black Friday" is the name which the Philadelphia Police Department has given to the Friday following Thanksgiving Day. It is not a term of endearment to them. "Black Friday" officially opens the Christmas shopping season in center city, and it usually brings massive traffic jams and over-crowded sidewalks as the downtown stores are mobbed from opening to closing.[11]

The term Black Friday began to get wider exposure around 1975, as shown by two newspaper articles from November 29, 1975, both datelined Philadelphia. The first reference is in an article entitled "Army vs. Navy: A Dimming Splendor," in The New York Times:

Philadelphia police and bus drivers call it "Black Friday" - that day each year between Thanksgiving Day and the Army–Navy Game. It is the busiest shopping and traffic day of the year in the Bicentennial City as the Christmas list is checked off and the Eastern college football season nears conclusion.

The derivation is also clear in an Associated Press article entitled "Folks on Buying Spree Despite Down Economy," which ran in the Titusville Herald on the same day:

Store aisles were jammed. Escalators were nonstop people. It was the first day of the Christmas shopping season and despite the economy, folks here went on a buying spree. ... "That's why the bus drivers and cab drivers call today 'Black Friday,'" a sales manager at Gimbels said as she watched a traffic cop trying to control a crowd of jaywalkers. "They think in terms of headaches it gives them."

Usage of the term has become more popular in the Midwest since 2000.

Another articles

Why Is It Called "Black Friday"?

Interestingly enough, there are two ways that this shoppers holiday got it's name. At the very beginning of the tradition, people we so eager for deals that they swarmed the shopping centers. This resulted in traffic accidents and other unfortunate altercations amongst the crowds. Back in 1966, the Philadelphia Police Department coined the term "Black Friday" to describe this phenomenon.

The other meaning of the term came later and gets its origins from an accounting term to mean profit for the retailers. Where as being "in the red" indicates a loss, being "in the black" means profits. As the popularity of these sales caught on, retailers could expect a very profitable day on the Friday after Thanksgiving.

Black Friday has marked the beginning of the Holiday shopping season since the first Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in 1924,. Before it was known by what we call it now, it was simply "After Thanksgiving Sales". Then as now it was one of the single busiest days of the year. During the Great Depression, President Roosevelt changed the date of Thanksgiving to a week earlier so that merchants could have more shopping days in the season in which to sell their wares.

These days, Black Friday has become so popular with shoppers that many larger retailers open their doors as early as Midnight on Thanksgiving in order to get the most hours out of the day.

Interesting...

The Friday after Thanksgiving has become known in the last few decades as one of the busiest of the year for retailers, the traditional start of the holiday shopping season. One of the names used for this day is Black Friday, which some say comes from the fact that it is the biggest shopping day of the year, putting stores firmly in the black. This is false, as the days closer to Christmas generate more in sales. For the true origins of the term, we have to dig back a few decades.

Laurence H. Black was one of the best floor men in town, working in the men’s department of the old Osberger’s Department Store for over thirty years. He had been with the store since its humble beginnings as a menswear store on Richmond Avenue in the late 1920s. Except for a very brief stint in the service during World War II, he remained with the store as it grew, eventually settling into its later eight-floor retail palace on North Geary Street. Black was a fixture in the store, presiding over the suits, shirts, ties and millinery in his ever-present black suit (”That’s how they remember me. Black suit, Mr. Black, see?”) with a red carnation in the lapel. In a very cutthroat industry, his was one of those rare cases in which he was respected by everyone in the city’s retail trade, regardless of store affiliation. His reputation was even cemented throughout the region, as Osberger’s expanded in the 1950s and Mr. Black would often be called upon to train sellers at the various stores.

But it was the downtown store he loved the most. He was typically one of the first there in the morning (just behind Wharton Osberger) and one of the last to leave, which is exactly as it was on November 27, 1964. Toward the end of his twelve-hour shift, as the massive brass clock overlooking the restaurant in the store’s Grande Center Court read 7:48 pm, Laurence H. Black collapsed, felled by a heart attack. Old man Osberger closed the store the next day and clerks at the city’s other retail palaces wore black in tribute.

The following year, on the Friday after Thanksgiving, all of the employees wore black suits and dresses, highlighted by a single red carnation, with a moment of silence at 7:48 pm, a tradition that carried on year after year and was picked up by many other stores in the city. But, through many consolidations and sales and employee turnover and whatnot, the reason for the tribute and the tradition itself has been lost, save for a few old-timers who still remember. The small Osberger chain was dissolved in the early 1990s and the old parent company is now the owner of a chain of movie theaters in Australia. If you trace back through approximately fifteen mergers and acquisitions you’ll find that the old Osberger stores themselves are all now Macy’s. The central Osberger’s store on North Geary was converted to office space in 2001, after sitting vacant for a number of years. They’ve kept the central court and clock, however.

Off topic.  Reported to moderator.   ;D

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2009, 02:16:57 PM »

why?

bench

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2009, 02:19:30 PM »
Swede!, Bobby,

Have no idea what the price-tag will be but at first they won't be cheap, but like every other new electronic wonder, the price will drop a lot within the first couple of years.

The untimate (as of now( home movie experience will be as follows:

I don't know if any of you are aware of how movies are made now-a-days, but what you see on the screen is not what you see on the sound stage when/where the movie is being filmed.

A lot of today's movie sets are merely a studio filled with a lot of 'boxes and ramps' of various sizes. Each of these boxes and ramps are painted a bright green color and the actors act on or around these green objects. And the entire background is nothing more than a gigantic green screen/curtain.

The actors go through their scenes as per the director's instructions.

"That green box there will be a stationary vehicle! So in this scene you will jump over it! Rigger!!? Rig him up"

And then they spend the next few hours filming this actor jumping over that green box with the green curtain in the background.

And right there on the set off in some little dark cornor sits a computer geek who watches the action on his computer screen, but instead of seeing that actor jump over a green box with the green screen in the background, he is seeing that actor jump over a Mercedes Benz on 5th Avenue in New York City or jumping over a locomotive with King Kong chasing him in the background.

There is a lot more involved that is years beyond my comprehension, but you might know a bit about it as "MOTION CAPTURE".

And in the not too distant future, you'll have a motion capture syetem in your own home and you'll more than likely never leave your home again.

Here's how that should work .....

You'll get into something similar to a wet suit with blue tooth type sensors all over it including every extremity of your body. (OH OH)

Your motion caption home theater will have a complete circle of motion capture sensors embedded along the walls and ceiling and floor and record each and every move that you can possibly make while wearing that motion capture suit. (Including facial expressions eventually.)

Then a computer will render/interpret your motions and embed them onto a huge, wall sized computer screen which will actually make you a feature part of the story/movie.

I have friends currently working on detective scripts (CSI similarity) and other action/adventure scripts that will allow you to be the detective and attempt to solve the crime or an adventure character in search of some famous treasure. These films (if and when produced) will feature many other actors, and you can play the part of any principal character in the movie and the story will proceed in accordance with any action you choose to perform.

And you see this all on screen as if you were in that movie.

AND THAT'S JUST THE START OF WHAT IS COMING UP WITHIN THE HOME ENTERTAINMENT BIZ. THERE'S NO BUSINESS LIKE THE FORTHCOMING HOME SHOW BUSINESS!

MY JOB!? I've had friends and family members in the movie business almost all my life. Mainly stunt people but some major stars too. I've worked on a few films but only because a friend or family member needed help or support. Or because I snuck on set just to show that it could be done or to meet some star that I had a lot of respect for at the time.

Only studio lot I ever had a problem getting on was 20th Century Fox because I wanted to say "Hello" to Marilyn Monroe who used to be a neighbor of ours (a few blocks away). That didn't hold any weight with the front gate guard though and I had to complain when I ran into Joe Dimaggio one afternoon at his brother's bar. That must have carried some weight because I drove in freely on my next visit to watch them film that David Duchovney TV show which name I forgot because I never do watch TV.

But I did meet more top stars back then. Probably a few more than OnlyMe even - Sinatra, Novak, Lewis, Stanwyk, Boone, Garner, Lee, etc.

But never Jonesy! DAMN!!!

Getting off subject and remenising  ..... sorry!

BACK ON TRACK....Wait for Black Friday 2020 and get a real MOTION CAPTURE Home Theater!

Wow i know they have those backround screens and all that stuff, but that they used it that much. So they almost never act for real? outside with real objects, cars etc ??

The motion picture sounds like it would be an incredible experince especially watching porn action movies. altough i would still go outside, from time to time lol
tank u jesus

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2009, 02:27:13 PM »
Anyone see any killer deals on these?  I looked all over but couldn't find a "must have" deal on one.

https://shakeweightformen.com/ver2/index.asp

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2009, 02:37:01 PM »
I already opened up my purchase after shopping all day!  Got a killer deal on these puppies!

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2009, 02:40:28 PM »
I don't want to even ponder how much a Bose Home Theater System would cost.

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2009, 03:20:43 PM »
Translation = I'm a struggling minimum wage earner doled out to do mindless work and traveling no else wants to do.  Plus, I have a work provided lab top I can brag about so it's all good. 

Nice try McPenis but one thing is right work provided it, but the thing is I OWN the work.    Now go back and blow your boyfriend he is gettingpissed.
No Worries 4 me