Author Topic: As Stim Bill No. 1 Fails - Dems preparing massive new Stimulus Bill  (Read 1609 times)

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
Re: As Stim Bill No. 1 Fails - Dems preparing massive new Stimulus Bill
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2009, 02:21:12 PM »
The barriers to job growth such as the cost of hiring employees, law suits, SEQRA costs, Enviro lawsuits preventing mgf plants, etc etc.

The lies Obama told were that he created the impression that the Stimulus bill would keep UE under 8% and that a recovery was or is already underway.  He created unrealistic expectations and now people are getting restless because they buy into the garbage coming from the govt.  

He also is not telling the truth about the monetary policy being pursued.      

I simply don't agree with your perception of the stimulus bill. I don't think any lying took place and it's pretty much agreed by economists across the board that this is a different kind of recession than we've ever had before.

I also don't think the majority of what you listed should be rolled back. The economic trouble is not part of a natural cycle. It was exacerbated by fraud and bad policy. A natural correction is not the answer.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2009, 02:28:25 PM »
I simply don't agree with your perception of the stimulus bill. I don't think any lying took place and it's pretty much agreed by economists across the board that this is a different kind of recession than we've ever had before.

I also don't think the majority of what you listed should be rolled back. The economic trouble is not part of a natural cycle. It was exacerbated by fraud and bad policy. A natural correction is not the answer.

Ok, here is a question for you.  If you believe that this is different now than before, why and on what basis do you believe people like Krugman have any better answer than someone like Schiff since neither of the two have ever faced this before?

More to the point, please explain to me why i should believe Krugman over Schiff?

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2009, 02:51:52 PM »
Ok, here is a question for you.  If you believe that this is different now than before, why and on what basis do you believe people like Krugman have any better answer than someone like Schiff since neither of the two have ever faced this before?

More to the point, please explain to me why i should believe Krugman over Schiff?

I'm not saying that Schiff's opinions are worthless because the recession has different characteristics that others, I'm saying that I can understand how the admin's predictions weren't accurate because of it.

I did not pit Krugman against Schiff, Krugman has his flaws and is frequently wrong. I just think pro-active management is smarter in a good economy or a bad one.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2009, 04:35:23 PM »
he's a phony...If you were one of his investment clients..You wouldn't be to happy. He's he was correct predicting the financial crisis..However, he still lost his clients money..Lots of money...

Proves how much you know. His clients portfolios have done extremely well this year. Get a clue. If you weren't one of those morons that bailed on his advice when things got shitty you are totally laughing right now. You have NO IDEA what you are talking about.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2011, 12:05:20 PM »
bump