Author Topic: Festus?!  (Read 2459 times)

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
Festus?!
« on: November 28, 2009, 05:49:52 PM »
What's the deal with the new look Festus?  He doesn't quite look right in the camo and beanie hat.  I like how the announcer blew it by calling him Festus as soon as he interfered.  I had Festus down as the next to be released.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: Festus?!
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 05:01:14 AM »
What's the deal with the new look Festus?  He doesn't quite look right in the camo and beanie hat.  I like how the announcer blew it by calling him Festus as soon as he interfered.  I had Festus down as the next to be released.
Festus was in need of a charactor change. The whole ring the bell and he snaps bid was ridiculous. At least now he's hit the weights and he looks better. The question in mind is will Vince and WWE creative utilize him properly.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 07:25:38 AM »
Festus was in need of a charactor change. The whole ring the bell and he snaps bid was ridiculous. At least now he's hit the weights and he looks better. The question in mind is will Vince and WWE creative utilize him properly.

I don't think they will.  I know his old gimmick was a bit stupid, but my 5 year old loved it.  He'll be around for a few weeks, then he'll be gone, a la Bam Neely.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009, 08:20:19 AM »
I don't think they will.  I know his old gimmick was a bit stupid, but my 5 year old loved it.  He'll be around for a few weeks, then he'll be gone, a la Bam Neely.
If he can pull if off he'll be around. It all depends on how much he wants it. Apparently he's already had 5 different charactor changes since signing. The rest is up to him or I agree, he'll be out the door.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2009, 08:42:03 PM »

Gimmicks like that work for awhile but don't last.

There's a guy in TNA, Jay Lethal, who does a Macho Man imitation. It's pretty funny, but how long will he able to do it before it gets stale?

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2009, 06:30:59 AM »
The trick here is that Vince like big wrestlers. We do you think he keeps Kahli on the roster?

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2009, 02:00:53 PM »
If he can pull if off he'll be around. It all depends on how much he wants it. Apparently he's already had 5 different charactor changes since signing. The rest is up to him or I agree, he'll be out the door.
           i think he can pull it off. in my opinion undertaker vs  festus was one of the best matches ever action wise for two big guys. i thought after that match  wwe was going to give him a push but he ended up getting buried with the lame moving co.  gimmick.
F

cheftim

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2009, 10:00:00 PM »
I saw him tonight for the first time as the new guy. Dumb angle with the drugs making him stupid. Just should have given him that new name and made him Punks bodygaurd. Would have worked perfect. His finisher is a pretty mean move.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2009, 06:13:31 AM »
The trick here is that Vince like big wrestlers. We do you think he keeps Kahli on the roster?
I don't think there is any comparison between Kahli and Festus.  Festus is just a big unknown ugly white guy.  Kahli, while yes I understand his in ring ability is limited is a true giant, is famous especially in India, and has a ton of charisma. 

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2009, 06:40:08 AM »
I saw him tonight for the first time as the new guy. Dumb angle with the drugs making him stupid. Just should have given him that new name and made him Punks bodygaurd. Would have worked perfect. His finisher is a pretty mean move.
They have been doing a lot of dumb angles lately. Did you see the bad reviews Raw got last week with the slammies? Even Vince came out and said the crowd was dead and it'll only get worse if he doesn't pick up on the story lines and start signing good new wrestlers.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2009, 07:49:48 AM »
Then we have Hulkamania in TNA. 2010 it's all gonna hit the fan!
When I think of Hulkamania I think of the eighties. That to me was golden. I just bought the new Hogan Unreleased dvd. You can see matches of him in the eighties and how he really had the crowd in the palm of his hand. He controlled the entire show.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2009, 12:22:08 PM »
They have been doing a lot of dumb angles lately. Did you see the bad reviews Raw got last week with the slammies? Even Vince came out and said the crowd was dead and it'll only get worse if he doesn't pick up on the story lines and start signing good new wrestlers.
           dennis miller esp had a tough time the only time he got a reaction besides boos and silence is when he said suck it. so much for the great quest host experiment.
F

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2009, 12:28:05 PM »
           dennis miller esp had a tough time the only time he got a reaction besides boos and silence is when he said suck it. so much for the great quest host experiment.
The boos and silence can be 100% attributed to the lousy show it was.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2009, 10:05:34 AM »

The thing was, I think half the crowd couldn't hear him properly, and the other half didn't get his jokes.  I thought he made a nice change, every other guest host has resorted to the R-Truth-"Corpus Christi, WHAT'S UP!"-catchphrase-cliche rubbish.