Author Topic: Michael Moore's open letter to Obama on Afghanistan  (Read 1278 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Michael Moore's open letter to Obama on Afghanistan
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2009, 09:37:03 AM »
i didn't vote for obama..or mccain..but if he got on tv and said..i'm pulling the fuck out...i'd say you just earned my vote...time to cut our losses now...and concentrate on getting our country back on track...bring our guys home and end this shit...

You know what, I would too since it would show balls.  If he said, we are broke, in a mess economically, and our sole focus is jobs etc, I would respect that.   

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2009, 09:47:27 AM »
It was a documentary. He made an incredibly popular documentary during the most political time in recent memory. Comparing the success of that film to his others doesn't really make sense. How many other docus do you know of that grossed 14mil?

Calling Moores films documentaries doesn't make any sense, they are propaganda.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2009, 10:57:19 AM »
Without having all the intell, can't make the best decision on Afghanistan.  What we know is that this will cost the American taxpayer a ton more money (that we don't have) and remaining in Afghanistan costs us more lives.  Also, the way this administration is going after soldiers for harsh treatments of war prisoners...we are somewhat handicapped.  Either fight a war to win or get out....lessons from Vietnam.

Obama put himself in a tough spot when he campaigned about the importance of the war in Afghanistan.  Whether he adds more troops or pulls most of them out and changes the mission, he'll get some supporters and some criticism.  Support for more troops is not all coming from the right, like it did in Iraq.
I think we should pull out most of the troops and change to a survelance mission (this suggestion based on having no inside info).  Need to involve the neighboring countries.  Why is this our war?

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2009, 10:59:27 AM »
Any muslim terrorist should get a quick military trial and death if guilty.  No prolonged detentions like Bush gave.  No civilian trials and prosecuting our own soldiers for harsh terrorist treatments like the Obama administration is doing.  We give too many rights to terrorists and spend way too much money (with forced gloves on) on a foreign war that is probably creating as many terrorists as it is killing.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2009, 11:04:33 AM »
Any muslim terrorist should get a quick military trial and death if guilty.  No prolonged detentions like Bush gave.  No civilian trials and prosecuting our own soldiers for harsh terrorist treatments like the Obama administration is doing.  We give too many rights to terrorists and spend way too much money (with forced gloves on) on a foreign war that is probably creating as many terrorists as it is killing.

Navy Seals   -              Soldiers treated like terrorists
Terrorists     -               Terrorists treated like Soldiers

This is why i want everyone home asap wherever they are.       

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2009, 11:18:37 AM »
If the military can't fight a war to win then don't fight.  Pull back and take a more diplomatic and suvelance approach.  One of the few good things I thought about Obama being elected is that we'd be involved with less world conflicts.  Wrong.  He will have added approx 56,000 troops in Afghanastan with this deployment.
Also, why the hell would we escalate troops over 1 year's time.  Put as many troops as we can in over the next couple months and stabilize things quickly.  Perhaps we can bring em home quicker that way.