Author Topic: Dear Abby Cools Off Snoooty Mom About MLM  (Read 2455 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Dear Abby Cools Off Snoooty Mom About MLM
« on: November 30, 2009, 08:38:07 AM »
DEAR ABBY COOLS OFF SNOOTY MOM ABOUT MLM

Nov 2009: Recently Dear Abby got a complaining letter from a woman about her daughter joining a “direct sales company.”  The mother was whining about feeling she was betraying her friends if she invited them to a home party given by her daughter.  Her friends might feel “obligated” to buy something!  Terrible!

DEAR ABBY's COME BACK WITH (AND I QUOTE)

DEAR IN A SPOT: Direct sales companies are rapidly expanding their forces these days, in light of the recession. And many people regard it as an attractive opportunity to replace lost income or hedge against job loss. According to USA Today, there are now roughly 15 million direct sellers in the United States. "

ABBY GOES ON TO SAY

“With all that "partying" going on -- the objective of which is to sell,  -- many people have wised up to the fact they are promotional rather than social in nature and refuse the invitations. I see nothing wrong with inviting your friends, as long as they understand, in advance, the purpose of the party as well as the fact that you won't be personally offended if they do not choose to participate.”
w

California Muscle

• Getbig II
  • War in the West
Re: Dear Abby Cools Off Snoooty Mom About MLM
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 03:14:37 PM »
I doubt anyone writes to Dear Abby anymore.  The column writer is probably forced to invent "letters" because of that, and it looks like they're not beneath taking kickbacks (from an MLM association, for instance). :)
▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬►