Author Topic: Darrem Charles' kid in IM this month  (Read 5822 times)

lax

• Getbig IV
Darrem Charles' kid in IM this month
« on: December 01, 2009, 08:08:31 AM »
his kid in in IM this month... looks like he is already juicing as a teen. really responsible parenting, Darrem

Purple Aki

• Getbig IV
  • penisory contact with her volvo.
Re: darrem charles
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 08:14:18 AM »
his kid in in IM this month...looks like he is already juicing as a teen
really responsible parenting, Darrem

Translation: I offered to "mentor" the boy and Dareem called Chris Hansen.

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
Re: darrem charles
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 08:43:09 AM »
It's 98% genetics. Steroids is only about 1% the final touches. In case you were wondering the other 1% is training.
BigNationRadio.com

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Darrem Charles' kid in IM this month
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2009, 09:19:59 AM »

Not bad at all, great genetics.   

his kid in in IM this month... looks like he is already juicing as a teen.

Football, baseball, hockey - same situation.   But because he looks great - he must be using.

nicky.smth

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Hugo Chavez looks like hugo chavez
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2009, 09:22:13 AM »
pICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN.

rON IS RIGHT, JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE LOOKS GREAT DOESN'T MEAN THEY ARE JUICING

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2009, 09:30:27 AM »
what is "IM"?

io856

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2009, 09:31:29 AM »
what is "IM"?
intellectually moderate

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2009, 09:36:41 AM »

Football, baseball, hockey - same situation.   But because he looks great - he must be using.

if you are a teenager..and he LOOKS like he is using..then he's probably using...most teens don't walk around looking like bodybuilders without using---
footloose and fancy free

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2009, 09:38:01 AM »

Pecs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2009, 09:40:12 AM »
any recent pic??

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2009, 12:29:32 PM »

Football, baseball, hockey - same situation.   But because he looks great - he must be using.
Yaroni do realize how much drugs are a part of bodybuilding or do you purposely turn your head?

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2009, 12:34:23 PM »
Yaroni do realize how much drugs are apart of bodybuilding or do you purposely turn your head?

Is there a problem "Wiggs" ?  ;D

pugalist666

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2009, 12:57:45 PM »
Yaroni do realize how much drugs are apart of bodybuilding or do you purposely turn your head?
he doesnt turn his head , its more of a bobbing motion

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2009, 01:05:16 PM »
his kid in in IM this month... looks like he is already juicing as a teen. really responsible parenting, Darrem

Here is the picture from IM Magazine:

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2009, 01:57:32 AM »
what is "IM"?
Intra Muscular and by the looks of it he has felt lots of that already..

Dont kid yourself Ron or Special Fred , sure you can look good by working out and watching what you eat , genetics play a huge roll in this "sport" but that kid is gassed to the gills.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2009, 02:54:13 AM »

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2009, 05:22:37 AM »

no
bc his dad is a pro and he looks outstanding, the odds are that he is using
if I had to bet my life on it, I'd say he is

In any event, his father sets a very poor example
the one a child should most emulate/learn from is a parent
and doesn't Darrem juice and scalp tickets, etc?

I am the last to say bc someone looks great he must be losing, that is a huge cop out

in his case, yes.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2009, 01:14:39 PM »
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=152804.0

"Bodybuilding is about many things - genetics is first.  He has it.  The rest is up to him.  He has all the tools, me there to guide him.  He has the facilities that I never had, the gyms.  All his bills are paid.  he has a car to drive to the gym.  The rest is up to him.  I told him I could see him being a better bodybuilder than I am, and winning more shows than me.  He is the future of bodybuilding.  People were in shock when they saw him.  They were mesmerized.  And he's 10 years younger than Phil Heath." [- Darrem Charles]

His son is 17 yrs old and won a teenage title.  His pics were in Flex.

No pressure or anything.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2009, 01:18:41 PM »
He`s doing his own thing in his own time........you should be proud!

(What movie is that line from Chimps? ) :)

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2009, 01:21:53 PM »

"He has all the tools, me there to guide him.  He has the facilities that I never had, the gyms.  All his bills are paid.  he has a car to drive to the gym."

man, awesome opportunity to be livin the dream... teh jealous is strong here.....
tank u jesus

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2009, 01:38:10 PM »
You know the economy is tough when fathers are pushing their kids into pro bodybuilding...as opposed to computer science or some other useless academic insurance.
BigNationRadio.com

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2009, 04:18:00 PM »
You know the economy is tough when fathers are pushing their kids into pro bodybuilding...as opposed to computer science or some other useless academic insurance.

hahahahaha ed with the ownings again ;D

special "i went to school and you didn't" ed :D
tank u jesus

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2009, 07:10:21 PM »

What are you talking about?

Darrem Charles doesn't mind his son being a bodybuilder. But, he'd rather have him do something else. It was Renel's decision to take up bodybuilding. He doesn't necessarily have any aspirations of being a pro. Plus, Darrem has put aside plenty of money for Renel's education.

"I preached to my son, Renel, to be a football player, a track and field athlete or something else to make real money. But, he decided to try bodybuilding. He has great genetics--incredible genetics--far superior to mine. If he put in the hard work and pays attention, the sky's the limit for him"

Either way, Renel Charles will be fine.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2009, 07:29:54 PM »
Darrem Charles doesn't mind his son being a bodybuilder. But, he'd rather have him do something else. It was Renel's decision to take up bodybuilding. He doesn't necessarily have any aspirations of being a pro. Plus, Darrem has put aside plenty of money for Renel's education.

In his MuscleTime DVD Darrem stated that his net worth was about a million dollars.  It's fully believable in my opinion that he has earned enough money in his lifetime to be a paper millionaire, if not having that much in liquid cash.  Darrem seems to want his son to be a bodybuilder and if Renel has the genetics I am sure he can do it for a living just as Darrem did.  Any pro at Darrem's level can make enough money from bodybuilding alone if they market themselves right.  The pros that go broke were just not particularly smart at managing their money or their careers for that matter.

http://tinyurl.com/y9es6ao
Bodybuilding Pro.com

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2009, 07:07:58 AM »
In his MuscleTime DVD Darrem stated that his net worth was about a million dollars.  It's fully believable in my opinion that he has earned enough money in his lifetime to be a paper millionaire, if not having that much in liquid cash.  Darrem seems to want his son to be a bodybuilder and if Renel has the genetics I am sure he can do it for a living just as Darrem did.  Any pro at Darrem's level can make enough money from bodybuilding alone if they market themselves right.  The pros that go broke were just not particularly smart at managing their money or their careers for that matter.

http://tinyurl.com/y9es6ao

Indeed. From an FLEX article he did (the issue with him on the cover), he explains how he made a living before securing his first contract in 2000.

He'd been a pro since 1992. Basically, he used to own his own gym in Trinidad. But, his partner swindled him out of his money, when he moved to the U.S.

He basically worked as a personal trainer, had a beat-up car and stayed in modest apartment. He had to do that for a year, on his own, before he saved up enough money to move his wife and son to the U.S.

Charles saved, invested, and managed his money. Business picked up when Weider finally signed him in 2000. In 2002, he won his first show.

MuscleTech picked him up later and he's started rolling. He won the Maximus Pro show in Italy, upsetting Markus Ruhl in the process. I personally saw his win the Florida Pro Xtreme show in Orlando, back in 2004. Charles had the honor of winning the first New York Pro show i '05 (after DeMilla quit the IFBB and took the name "Night of Champions" with him).

So, overall, he has simply stuck with it, despite criticism that he didn't have what it took to be a top pro. Until this year, Darrem Charles had won at least one show since 2002. But, per another FLEX article, the Trinidad-and-Tobago-born superstar got stuck with a certain reputation. That article actually referred to him as a 'Pirate from the Carribean', claiming that he was best for winning "small" shows (when other Olympia competitors had already qualified and sat the later shows out).