Author Topic: Chris Matthews calls West Point the "Enemy Camp"  (Read 3244 times)

Eric15210

• Getbig IV
  • poor people are crazy I'm eccentric
Chris Matthews calls West Point the "Enemy Camp"
« on: December 02, 2009, 05:47:36 AM »

RIP Bob Probert

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Chris Matthews calls West Point the "Enemy Camp"
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 05:58:37 AM »
I don't think he meant enemy, like enemy.  sounded like he meant it in that they were not warm to the president like they were with Bush.  I don't think it was a hit on West Point.

I guess being friends and close with a guy who tried to bomb the pentagon might leave that impression on people in the military.   ;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 06:07:15 AM »
whatever 33, but it's not on Chris, I don't think he meant it as a hit against West Point.  He was just saying he didn't feel the love in the crowd.  Which is what you just said too.

Of course.  He meant it in a political way, which is probably correct. 

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 06:17:04 AM »
I heard him say it too.  Whatever he actually meant, he specifically addressed the crowd at West point as 'the enemy'.  Whether it was a poor choice of words or something deeper, he said it and it was bad.

James

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009, 06:19:01 AM »
I heard him say it too.  Whatever he actually meant, he specifically addressed the crowd at West point as 'the enemy'.  Whether it was a poor choice of words or something deeper, he said it and it was bad.

That is how I heard it as well.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2009, 06:23:46 AM »
That is the fact, there is no debate on what he said.  We can debate the deeper meaning but he said it plain & simple.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2009, 06:27:09 AM »
Real classy move by Matthews as usual---- right on the heels of the Fort Hood massacare and on a night when Obama announced 30 thousand more American lives-- including many in the audience were going to be sacrificed for a few yards of dust half way around the world.

I have to admit, Matthews has really stooped a level below Olbermann ( if thats possible) as being the biggest bottomfeeder in cable news. What a smug, pretencions sissy.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2009, 06:39:22 AM »
One thing for sure.You could feel the disdain for Obama in that crowd.No,crying idiots,or gasping sissies screaming "YES WE CAN" there.It was amusing to see the militarys utter hatred for him and total boredom from his speech.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2009, 06:44:12 AM »
i couldnt even watch the speech last night.  i started on msnbc and it was matthews talking about west point being bush's stomping ground.  was actually very boring to me. 

when i can get to a tv thse days, it's ESPN or nickelodeon.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2009, 07:09:34 AM »
Gee Hugo-- If O'Reilly had made such a stupid remark, would you be so quick to drop everything and defend him?

Also--

Do you feel that blacks also do not need to be treated with "special words"-- What if it was black history month, or on the anniversary of when MLK was assassinated?

If GW Bush had given a speech to the NAACP on the day MLK was killed, would Matthews have referred to the black audience as "Enemy Camp"? I mean, obviously he couldn't possibly mean that GW considers blacks the enemy-- even though 95% of blacks vote democrat. And if, as you say, we don't need to treat people like morons or as if they are frail, then such a statement would have been perfectly acceptable.

This kind of posturing agitates me to no end. You can't pick and choose when it's allowable to make stupid statements and when it isn't. Matthews made a moronic, insensitive comment and should be taken to task for it. Case closed.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2009, 07:13:47 AM »
He was projecting his own views.  Matthews probably hates West Point to begin with. 

The school that produced Patton, Ike, Lee, Grant, McArthur, of course is going to be hated by the likes of that idiot Matthews.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2009, 07:29:07 AM »
::) Matthews probably hates West Point to begin with?  Oh really ::)  I'm sure you have all sorts of basis for saying this ::)  You really have far exceeded all others as the most far right extremist hack here.

Come on Hugo - this guy was in the peace corps and was a true believer in all respects. 

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2009, 07:33:46 AM »
And this is exactly why I don't watch cable news. There is always some jackass know it all loud mouth saying something stupid. But I guess the upside is I get to come to GetBig the next day and watch the fireworks
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2009, 07:36:13 AM »
lol, what exactly do you think the peace corps is?  The way you said that I'm thinking you're thinking of a hippie army lol....

Make love not war!

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2009, 07:40:52 AM »
I think Mathews does hold the entire military in disdain.Most of the left does as well,even many of those that served do.Look at Murtha.The guy called our troops murderers and they were found innocent.Look at guys like Little Dick Durbin.He compares our troops to Nazi stormtroopers.Hating the military is a tenant of the left,just as hating welfare recipiants is a tenant of the right.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2009, 07:46:02 AM »
so you think the peace corps is an anti war thing...  wow... ::)  really, wow....  your stock here just went way fucking down...

Come on it was a joke. 

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2009, 07:49:06 AM »
I think the peace corps was a place for hippies to escape the draft.PERIOD!!!!They did some good work,no doubt,but please dont compare peace corps to military service.That would be like me trying to say Bush was a hero because he served in the national guard.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2009, 07:55:38 AM »
::) who the fuck compared the peace corps to the military ::)  WTF Billy, who said that?  NOBODY!!!!

No,Im just saying lets not make Mathews out to be anything more or anything less then what he is.He is an EXTREME leftist.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2009, 07:59:06 AM »
ok fine, but that's not what you said.  What I was replying to was something that you had no basis for posting since nobody suggested anything of the sort, not even Mathews.

Then I apologise if I misinterpreted it.