Author Topic: Ron Artest admits to drinking hennessy at half time back when he was a Bull  (Read 2013 times)

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
I know that the media world has been trying to crucify him since the big fight (which i don't hold against him, fans need to not act like animals at games), but this is kinda funny.  I wish the Warriors had picked him up back when they had Baron and were good.  Artest is A-OK by me.

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/11838893/18682081

The NBA now fines players for Tweeting during games, including halftime. Damn, imagine what David Stern would've done to Ron Artest if he'd known the future Malice at the Palace star was sipping Hennessy at halftime while with the Chicago Bulls?

These and other shocking revelations from Artest are coming out in the Dec. 7 edition of the Sporting News, excerpts of which were published on the Sporting News web site Wednesday.

Among the headlines in the Sporting News interview with the controversial Lakers star:

* "I used to drink Hennessy … at halftime," Artest said. "I (kept it) in my locker. I'd just walk to the liquor store (near the stadium) and get it."

* "When I was a 19-year-old father, whew. I was a single pimp! I was wild," Artest said of his days as a college star at St. John's. "A lot of marijuana and alcohol—even before (that age). … I (still) party and I have fun, but not like I used to. I used to drink every night and party every night."

* "It wasn't my fault," he said of the 2004 brawl in Auburn Hills for which he was suspended 73 games and forfeited $7 million. "… I don't see anything I could have done different. The only thing I could have done was have God pause time so I could have said, 'Oh, look, you're about to run in some stands, so stop.'"

* "(Referee) Joey Crawford basically said, 'Who cares about the Houston Rockets? Kobe Bryant's on the floor,'" he said of the Rockets' loss to the Lakers in the '09 Western Conference semifinals. 

* "It's weird because people don't think about the whole basketball game," he said of fitting in as a member of Bryant's supporting cast. "There's offense: Kobe averages 30 and is a great offensive player. Then you have defense. So on defense, now I have my supporting cast. … I'm one of the best defenders to ever play basketball, so I'm still the first option on defense."

Artest also said he's "on guard" whenever he sees Ben Wallace, whose altercation with Artest touched off the melee at the Palace. "I'm always in the mood to fight him," Artest said. "… I'll get suspended 10 games, 15 games (because) I'll just fight him right there. It won't go into the stands."

The NBA is aware of the comments, though it's unclear whether any disciplinary action is forthcoming. Clearly, the comments that will generate the most scrutiny are those about drinking during games and the refs wanting the Lakers to beat the Rockets. Already, some of Artest's former teammates and other members of the organization who were there with him are downplaying the comments , chalking them up to, "Ron being Ron," according to the Chicago Tribune.

Either way, gotta love him.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
I know that the media world has been trying to crucify him since the big fight (which i don't hold against him, fans need to not act like animals at games), but this is kinda funny.  I wish the Warriors had picked him up back when they had Baron and were good.  Artest is A-OK by me.

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/11838893/18682081

The NBA now fines players for Tweeting during games, including halftime. Damn, imagine what David Stern would've done to Ron Artest if he'd known the future Malice at the Palace star was sipping Hennessy at halftime while with the Chicago Bulls?

These and other shocking revelations from Artest are coming out in the Dec. 7 edition of the Sporting News, excerpts of which were published on the Sporting News web site Wednesday.

Among the headlines in the Sporting News interview with the controversial Lakers star:

* "I used to drink Hennessy … at halftime," Artest said. "I (kept it) in my locker. I'd just walk to the liquor store (near the stadium) and get it."

* "When I was a 19-year-old father, whew. I was a single pimp! I was wild," Artest said of his days as a college star at St. John's. "A lot of marijuana and alcohol—even before (that age). … I (still) party and I have fun, but not like I used to. I used to drink every night and party every night."

* "It wasn't my fault," he said of the 2004 brawl in Auburn Hills for which he was suspended 73 games and forfeited $7 million. "… I don't see anything I could have done different. The only thing I could have done was have God pause time so I could have said, 'Oh, look, you're about to run in some stands, so stop.'"

* "(Referee) Joey Crawford basically said, 'Who cares about the Houston Rockets? Kobe Bryant's on the floor,'" he said of the Rockets' loss to the Lakers in the '09 Western Conference semifinals. 

* "It's weird because people don't think about the whole basketball game," he said of fitting in as a member of Bryant's supporting cast. "There's offense: Kobe averages 30 and is a great offensive player. Then you have defense. So on defense, now I have my supporting cast. … I'm one of the best defenders to ever play basketball, so I'm still the first option on defense."

Artest also said he's "on guard" whenever he sees Ben Wallace, whose altercation with Artest touched off the melee at the Palace. "I'm always in the mood to fight him," Artest said. "… I'll get suspended 10 games, 15 games (because) I'll just fight him right there. It won't go into the stands."

The NBA is aware of the comments, though it's unclear whether any disciplinary action is forthcoming. Clearly, the comments that will generate the most scrutiny are those about drinking during games and the refs wanting the Lakers to beat the Rockets. Already, some of Artest's former teammates and other members of the organization who were there with him are downplaying the comments , chalking them up to, "Ron being Ron," according to the Chicago Tribune.

Either way, gotta love him.

I go to sf quite often... we gotta chill one time...i stay off of 19th and noriega

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
I go to sf quite often... we gotta chill one time...i stay off of 19th and noriega

im willing to bet each to you come it makes you wanna move here, right?  The whole of the bay area is awesome, just fucking EXPENSIVE!  I'm down to kick it, as long as we don't talk publicly about oiled up men in thongs posing on stage, lol  :D

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
and alcohol and sports have gone hand in hand for years.

mickey mantle was often hungover or still drunk for many daytime games

wells was hungover as shit when he pitched his perfect game

babe ruth was in the same category as mick

tommy johnson and john carlos used to drink wine under the bleachers before races when they and the SJSU relay team held the world 4x100m relay record

there are countless other stories to tell, but is anyone that shocked by this?

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
does anyone believe what this clown says?

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
does anyone believe what this clown says?

are you serious?

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
serious about what?

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
serious about what?

are you referring to me as a clown or ron artest?

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
LOL..

i was talking about artest man. geeze.

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
LOL..

i was talking about artest man. geeze.

oh, haha, sorry.  apparently i've decided to act like a sensitive little girl tonite, my apologies.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
Re: Ron Artest admits to drinking hennessy at half time back when he was a Bull
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2009, 08:05:41 PM »
haha, its all good man.

but on topic, ive heard some pretty off the wall shit from artest before. Not sure if im buying this one.

the leaving the arena and walking to the liquor store part is what gets me.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2009, 08:13:35 PM »
are you serious?

hahahha im still laughing from this  ;D

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2009, 09:11:13 PM »
hahahha im still laughing from this  ;D

you should be, i thought you thought I was just pulling those stories about the mick and babe and wells outta my ass.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2009, 11:14:07 AM »
I'm sure the Bulls' organization are absolutely thrilled to hear that one of their former players, whom they were paying millions of dollars, was getting liquored up in between games.

What a fucking retard.......

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2009, 02:47:57 PM »
Not important news.   Lakers are winning  that's all that matters.
((-::